Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Fengzhen and Ms. Bai Xueshuang Arrested and Brutally Tortured with Force-feeding and Electric Baton Shocks

June 11, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Fengzhen, in her 60s, is from Daguozhuang, Jianchangying Town, Qian'an City of Hebei Province. Ms. Bai Xueshuang, 47, is from Gongping Village, Qian'an Town, Qian'an City of Hebei Province. Around May 15, 2009, police arrested both of them. Their current whereabouts are unknown.

1. Ms. Li Fengzhen Arrested and Tortured Viciously

In August 2000, police officer Peng Minghui from the Politics and Judiciary Section (Domestic Security Division) of Qian'an City Public Security Bureau and officer Ha Fulong arrested Ms. Li Fengzhen and detained her at the Qian'an City Detention Center. Ms. Li was arrested for writing two four-page letters that clarified the facts about Falun Gong and exposed its persecution to Quan Zhibao, Secretary of the Politics and Judiciary Committee at Jianchangying Town.

In the detention center, Ms. Li was tortured. The guards chained her with 22 lb. shackles, which are generally only used on death row prisoners. Then, the guards forced her to run, whipping her with a belt continuously. Her ankles were bleeding and she suffered unbearable pain. Hui Zhijaing, head of the detention center, and guard Lei Xiansheng were laughing while beating her. The deputy director of the 610 Office, Yang Baolin, and Peng Minghui forced Ms. Li's family to write a guarantee statement for Ms. Li and extorted 3,000 yuan from them.

At the end of September 2000, one month after Ms. Li was released, the Politics and Judiciary Section of the Qian'an City Public Security Bureau arrested her again. They claimed that they were worried that she would travel to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. They announced that they would detain her for 15 days. Ms. Li went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Eight days later, when Ms. Li was on the verge of death, the detention center released her.

In December 2000, Peng Minghui ordered officer Zhao from the Jianchangying Police Station and the deputy head of Jianchangying Town, Jin Shiqiang, to take Ms. Li to a brainwashing center. Qian'an City Committee member Zhang Lairu was responsible for that center. The persecutors at the 610 Office were Director Lin, Li Fuyou, Ning Xuejun, Sun Gang, Wang Yongjin, Wang Yongtian, Yang Xiuli, Zhang Yinshu, Lan Tian, Liu Runmin and Shi Yumei. These people were members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Organization Division, Propaganda Division, Youth League Committee, Sports Committee, Judiciary Bureau, Police Security Bureau and City Committee Office. Guards from a detention center also tortured Ms. Li. Thirty to forty persecutors took turns to torture practitioners daily. They forced more than twenty practitioners to crawl, run, stand in the baking sun, run while carrying sand bags, and watch programs slandering Falun Gong. They beat and kicked every practitioner without mercy. Ms. Li was handcuffed and hung up for a prolonged time, until she lost consciousness. Her wrist was injured by the handcuffs and one hand had bloody blisters. The torture lasted for two months. Her body twitched and her face was pale. She vomited continuously and was very weak.

Ms. Li was transferred to Qian'an City Detention Center for further persecution. Because Ms. Li refused to cooperate with the persecutors, they starved her. Hui Zhijiang, head of the detention center, slapped Ms. Li in the face with a belt. Her face was swollen and bruised. Hui beat Ms. Li three times. The brutality shook the inmates and they cried at the sight of Ms. Li's injuries. Ms. Li's legs and buttocks were black from the beatings. Guard Lei Xiansheng always held a belt in his hands for beating practitioners. Once he slapped Ms. Li more than twenty times, causing her nose and mouth to bleed. When practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest, they force-fed practitioners with salty water. Seven to eight people held down Ms. Li and inserted a tube into her stomach. Ms. Li's nose and mouth were bleeding and one of her teeth broke. When the doctor said that Ms. Li was on the verge of death, the detention center took her home. Ms. Li was forced to sleep on the cement floor for four or five months during her detention.

From October 6 to 8, 2001, Ms. Li said that her tail bone at the bottom of her spine was very sore and asked her family members to take her to a hospital for an exam. The family was afraid that the CCP personnel would take revenge, so they only took a few pictures of the wounds and did not go to the hospital, despite the fact that Ms. Li's vagina and anus were already leaking pus. The Politics and Judiciary Section confiscated the pictures.

On May 15, 2003, Peng Minghui from the Qian'an Domestic Security Division and officer Ha Fulong arrested Ms. Li again. Peng and others shocked her with electric batons for two afternoons. She was shocked on her neck, spine, fingers, toes, elbows, knees and under her chin. She felt dizzy and was shaking all over. Her heart beat became irregular. She was unable to stand and about to fall down. Officer Pu Yonglai grabbed her hair to pull her up, holding her up by the hair. Peng continued to shock her with a baton until it was out of power.

Later Peng took Ms. Li to a brainwashing center. Yang Yulin, head of the brainwashing center, and two others beat her. They used belts to whip her until her flesh was bleeding and her clothes were soiled. Her nose and mouth were bleeding as well. They knocked her down to the floor, then grabbed her hair to pull her up and continued to beat her. Her blood stained the floor and clumps of her hair had fallen to the ground. At the end, most of Ms. Li's hair was pulled out. Her head and face were swollen, black and blue. The three didn't stop the beating until they were exhausted. After several days of torture, Ms. Li was in terrible health condition. She lost consciousness at times, and was incontinent and unable to take care of herself. They brutally force-fed her six times, which caused her to lose two teeth. When force-feeding her, one of them grabbed her hair to stop her from moving, two pressed down her shoulders, one pressed down on her chest and two men sat on her legs. Ms. Li was so weak that she was unable to open her eyes. She heard someone say, "Her hands turned purple, don't use too much force. If her legs are fractured, you two will be held responsible."

Doctor Zhang (female) from the Retired Cadre Bureau and a female assistant inserted the feeding tub into Ms. Li's stomach. Eight to nine of these people tortured the 59-year-old woman. During intravenous injections, they added unknown drugs. Soon after the infusion, Ms. Li began to vomit. After the force-feeding, she vomited all they had fed her, even before the tube was taken out. Yang Yulin and Peng Minghui took her to Kaiping Forced Labor Camp for a three-year term. The labor camp refused to take her, as Ms. Li failed the physical examination. They took her back to the brainwashing center. Several days later, Ms. Li's blood pressure was beyond 200, she had heart failure, her whole body shivered uncontrollably, and she lost her sight and hearing. To avoid responsibility, the persecutors took her back home. They had tortured her for 29 days. Three months after Ms. Li was back home, she was still bedridden and had no bowel movements for 47 days. She was incontinent and unable to eat. She even vomited when she was given just water.

2. Ms. Bai Xueshuang Arrested and Tortured Inhumanly

Ms. Bai Xueshuang suffered memory loss from the torture she endured. She has been detained several times. During one of the detentions, she went on a hunger strike for more than thirty days. She was force-fed many times. The torture turned a healthy person into an invalid. She could no longer speak coherently and was slow to react. She hired a helper to take of care of her for the past several years.

When the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Bai went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was escorted back by staff from the Qian'an City Public Security Bureau and detained at the Chengguan Police Station in Qian'an Town for two days.

In mid-2000, the police arrested Ms. Bai and detained her at the Qian'an City Detention Center for several months. She suffered the same torture as Ms. Li. They put 20 lb. shackles on Ms. Bai and forced her to run. The guards whipped and laughed at her. Ms. Bai's family was also harassed and forced to write guarantee statements on her behalf. The guards also extorted money from her family.

During 2003, Ms. Bai was sentenced to three years of forced labor. After her family paid more than 30,000 yuan, the officers did not take her to the forced labor camp. Through the several years of persecution, they extorted from Ms. Bai's family between 60,000 and 70,000 yuan. Her business declined and property was stolen from her in addition to the physical and mental damage she suffered.