(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 21 cities or counties in 10 provinces. Eighteen Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 24 practitioners were arrested.
1. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Mr. Pan Yujun Is on a Hunger Strike; His Life Is in Danger
Mr. Pan Yujun has been held in the Laizhou City Detention Center since he was arrested in August 2008. He is on a hunger strike, and his life is in danger. Police still mistreat him and plan to sentence him.
2. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhang Shuping Arrested
Ms. Zhang Shuping was arrested in the Jiang'an District on March 27, 2009, for distributing Falun Gong flyers. She was first put into the Yongqing Police Station and the transferred to the Wuhan City No.1 Detention Center. Police had informed Ms. Zhang's family that she would be held only for 15 days, but when her family went to pick her up after the15-day detention, they were told she had been transferred somewhere unknown.
3. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Shulan and Ms. Sun Humei Arrested and Their Homes Ransacked
4. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Guo Zhiyun Put into the Anda Detention Center the Afternoon of April 12, 2009
5. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Xia Yang Arrested on April 10, 2009; Still in Detention
6. [Chishui City, Guizhou Province] Mr. Dai Qiyuan and Mr. Li Zhengbing Sentenced
Chishui City Court officials sentenced Mr. Dai Qiyuan to five years in prison and Mr. Li Zhengbing to two years. They have been Dujun Prison since January 16, 2009.
7. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Mr. Yu Lianhe and Ms. Wang Fengxia Arrested
Personnel from the Dongchang District Domestic Security Division broke into Mr. Yu Lianhe's home and ransacked the place at 6:00 p.m. on April 12, 2009. The police confiscated Dafa books, a computer, a printer, and an MP3 player. They took Mr. Yu and his non-practitioner family members to the domestic security division. The latter were released at 11:00 p.m.
Tonghua City Domestic Security Division Chief Jing Guiquan and six officers broke into Ms. Wang Fengxia's home and arrested her at 8:30 p.m. on April 12, 2009. The police confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun, a decorative calendar, and a picture. Ms. Wang was taken to the Dongchang District Domestic Security Division.
Jing Guiquan, Domestic Security Division chief: 86-13944598898, 86-13904459699, 86-435-3249899 (Home); 86-435-3258809 (Office)
8. [Chongqing] Ms. Zhang Yingqiong and Ms. Zhang Ya Arrested
Officer Zeng Zhiping and others from the Guilin Police Station in the Jiangbei District, Tongnan County went to 60-year-old Ms. Zhang Yingqiong's home at 9:00 p.m. on April 9, 2009. Policewomen Luo Yonghong and a dozen other officers waited outside her home early the next morning. When she opened her door, the police broke in and arrested Ms. Zhang. They confiscated Dafa books, a laptop computer, and a CD burner. Ms. Zhang Ya, 40 years old, who lives in Xibu Village, the Jiangbei District, was also arrested and her home was ransacked. Her whereabouts are unknown.
Zhou Ke, 610 Office head: 86-23-44568610, 86-23-44565363; 86-23-44918266
9. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Wei Held for an Extra 10 Days with an Extended Term
10. [Chenxi County, Hunan Province] Ms. Wang Zhen Arrested
When forty-year-old Ms. Wang Zhen from Shiqian Town, Chenxi County, explained the truth of Falun Gong to her niece on April 5, 2009, she was reported to the police. The police arrested her at 3:00 p.m. that day. They ransacked her home and confiscated a color TV. Ms. Wang's family had 200 "yaun" extorted from them when they requested the return of their TV.
Mr. Ou Jiafa from Chenyang Town, Chenxi City was arrested on April 12, 2009, for distributing Falun Gong flyers. Police ransacked his home and confiscated copies of Zhuan Falun and "Minghui Weekly." He has been released.
Zhuai Xiaoming, 610 Office head: 86-13787556333, 86-745-5229610
Tan Meihua, 610 Office deputy head: 86-13874492777
Huang Mingqiang, 610 Office deputy head: 86-13337250610
11. [Shanghai] The Persecution of Mr. Liu Peng
Mr. Liu Peng from Shanghai was transferred to the Tilanqiao Prison's No. 2 Ward, No. 3 Section on March 10, 2009. He has been in poor health for a while due to being on a hunger strike.
Tilanqiao Prison No. 2 Ward's No. 3 Section: 86-21-3510-4888 Ext. 7204
12. [Ge'ermu City, Qinghai Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
Ge'ermu City Domestic Security Division Chief Wang Jianping and other officers arrested Ms. Zuo Aifeng from her home and ransacked the place at 11:00 a.m. on March 23, 2009. They placed her in a detention center. They confiscated a printer, a laptop computer, a desktop computer, a CD burner, and Dafa books. She has been held for 30 days.
Ms. Kang Jinying, who works in the Qinggang Hotel, was also arrested that day.
Wang Jianping, Ge'ermu City Domestic Security Division chief: 86-13897057088
13. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Chen Ruilian Transferred to a Brainwashing Center
Personnel from the Nanshan Street Police Station arrested 65-year-old Ms. Chen Ruilian from the Zhifu District of Yantai City on February 24, 2009. The arrest happened when she distributed Falun Gong flyers in the Education Institute. She is held in a brainwashing center.
14. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Yu Peilan Arrested
15. [Heilongjiang Province] A Woman Practitioner Arrested for Distributing Shen Yun DVDs near the Harbin City No.2 Cadre's Retirement Center
16. [Lingshui City, Sichuan Province] Two Elderly Practitioners Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Wang Qizhen and Ms. Zhang the morning of April 13, 2009, when the two women distributed Falun Gong flyers in Guanyin Town. The police ransacked their homes.
Ms. Liu Guihua, arrested on March 10, 2009, is still in detention.
Fan Jiangyu, Domestic Security Division chief: 86-826-3232198, 86-1390828256
Hong Ying, deputy chief: 86-826-3209105; 86-826-3220530
17. [Nong'an County, Jilin Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Mr. Xiaoyong, Dawei and his mother are from Shaoguo Town, Nong'an County. They were arrested the morning of April 11, 2009, for distributing Falun Gong flyers.
18. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Ms. Lu Yongzhen Mistreated in Police Custody
Personnel from the Toudao Town Police Station arrested 53-year-old Ms. Lu Yongzhen from Tonghua City on February 27, 2008. The police sometimes exposed her to the freezing weather in the snow for three hours at a time or shocked her for more than an hour. Ms. Lu was on an 11-day hunger strike. Police force-fed her with a highly concentrated saline solution.
Ms. Lu was sentenced to nine years in prison. The police photographed her against her will by pushing her to the ground and standing on her head and back.
19. [Suining City, Sichuan Province] The Persecution of Mr. Du Changpei
Police broke into Mr. Du Changpei's home in Mingjue Village and ransacked the place the afternoon of March 12, 2009. They confiscated two pictures of Master and an MP3 player. They took Mr. Du to the local police station and extorted 2,500 yuan from him. They forced him to write a guarantee statement and made him sign a document before releasing him.
20. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Wang Mingyu, Mr. Lu Shize, Ms. Wen Defang, and Mr. Duan Shuyou from their homes and ransacked the places at 5:00 a.m. on April 11, 2009. The four practitioners were taken to the Kai'an Town Police Station and then transferred to the Nongan County Detention Center at noon that day.
Zou Zhenkun, Nongan Town Police Station: 86-431-83422336
21. [Beijing] Ms. Cong Quanying and Ms. Han Jun Arrested
Ms. Cong Quanying and Ms. Han Jun were arrested in Beijing on April 8, 2009. They are temporarily being held in Wujuanchunshu Police Station in the Xuanwu District, Beijing. Police planned to sentence them.
Personnel from the Dalian Malan Community Committee went to Ms. Cong's home and attempted to ransack the place. Ms. Cong's husband is unemployed and sick in bed. Their primary school-age daughter miss her mother a lot.
22. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] About 27 Practitioners Arrested on April 10, 2009, Are Being Held in the Huangpo District
23. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fu Weiyu Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Fu Weiyu from the Shuiqinggou Community in Qingdao City at 7:00 a.m. on April 9, 2009.
24. [Dingzhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Yang Yongzai Held in the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp
Police arrested Mr. Yang Yongzai on February 17, 2009, and put him into the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp several days ago.
25. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Guangxiang and Mr. Wang Xuegang Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Han Guangxiang and her son, Mr. Wang Xuegang, from Xiayu Village, Niangniangzhuang Township, Zunhua City, the afternoon of April 10, 2009. The two were taken to the city detention center. Personnel from the city's Domestic Security Division, from the 610 Office, and from the township police station ransacked Ms. Han's home and confiscated many Dafa books.
26. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Guangbao and His Parents Often Harassed
About 20 officers from the Zhoucun District 610 Office and from the Zibo City Domestic Security Division ransacked the home of Mr. Liu Guangbao and his parent at 9:00 a.m. on April 1, 2009. Mr. Liu has lived away from home for a long time to avoid persecution. His parents are in their 80s, and his wife is blind. Police often harass the family and sometimes break into their home in the middle of the night The elderly parents miss their son and live in constant fear.
27. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Police Put Three Practitioners on Trial
Heping District Court officials in Shenyang City put Mr. Gao Shubin, Ms. Gu Chunying, and her husband, Mr. Guo Jian, on trial on March 23, 2009. The first trial ended in a mistrial. A second trial was scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on April 16.
28. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Chen Changyuan Facing Trial
Gaoxin District Court officials in Chengdu City put Mr. Chen Changyuan on trial on April 21, 2009. Lawyer Tang Jitian from Beijing intended to enter a plea of innocent.
Mr. Chen, 48 years old, lives at No. 100 Toutangzheng Street in the Jiangbei District, Chongqing. He is a former employee of the Vegetable Company in the Yuzhong District.
Mr. Chen had been held in the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp for a year as of May 2000. The guards tortured him in many ways. Mr. Chen's term was extended by one year, and he was released in 2002. His company fired him while he incarcerated.
Mr. Chen distributed Falun Gong flyers in the Shunjiang Community in Chengdu City the morning of July 16, 2008. Personnel from the Gaoxinxi District Police Station arrested him and put him in the city detention center. Officials in the district Procuratorate issued an arrest certificate on August 21, 2008, and planned to sentence him.
Cheng Weiqing, Gaoxin District Court No. 3 Sub-court chief judge:
Chen Na, Judge assistant: 86-28-85310832
April 15, 2009