Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Gu Suoxiang from Jiangsu Province Dies as a Result of Torture

April 11, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Gu Suoxiang was from Jintan City, Jiangsu Province. He died as a result of long-term abuse, torture and gross mistreatment under the persecution on March 22, 2009, at the age of 48.

Mr. Gu worked at the Jintan City Telecommunications Company. Prior to practicing Falun Gong, he was plagued by all kinds of illnesses and had to take medicine all the time. All of his illnesses gradually disappeared after beginning the practice in 1996. He followed the principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance in his conduct and paid no attention to personal gain. He worked hard at his job, and his boss and colleagues regarded him favorably. His family relations also became much more harmonious.

After the persecution began in 1999, Mr. Gu was arrested and detained numerous times. Due to torture while he was in detention, he became emaciated and eventually lost his ability to work.

One morning in 2000, while practicing the Falun Gong exercises in public, he was arrested and detained and shackled for 15 days. On New Year's Day in 2001, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested. The police beat him and knocked his head against a wall, torturing him this way from early morning until past 2:00 p.m. Afterwards, Gu was fired from his job and sent to serve three years of forced labor.

In May 2003, Mr. Gu wrote a truth-clarification letter to provincial officials. In the letter he also requested he be given back his job. He again was detained. The guards handcuffed him behind his back and hung him by the handcuffs to a window for 19 days in a row. He was forbidden to sleep during that time and was also brutally beaten. In the end, he was sent to two years of forced labor.

On November 28, 2007, Mr. Gu was at work when he was seized and taken to a brainwashing center, where he was hung up for 19 days straight, without sleep. The guards also forbade him to eat or use the restroom. They even stepped forcefully on his stomach, severely injuring his liver, intestines and other internal organs. Following his release, he went for a medical exam and was told he had only two months to live.

On August 2, 2008, the police arrested him again using the pretext of safeguarding the Beijing Summer Olympics. By the time he was released, he was bruised and injured all over. The police didn't bother to give him a ride home, so he walked home in his severely weakened condition. Later on he developed diarrhea and had blood in his stool. He died at 2:00 a.m. on March 22, 2009 as a result of traumatic injuries to his internal organs.

Shi Yong and Yu Yao are the two agents from the Huacheng Police Station that once participated in Gu Suoxiang's torture and mistreatment.