(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 16 cities or counties in nine provinces. Sixteen Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 24 practitioners were arrested.
1. [Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Fu Hui Arrested in Harbin City the Afternoon of February 20, 2009
2. [Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Dong Peng Persecuted in the Hulan City Prison
Hulan City Prison chief: 86-451-57307105
Chen Weiqiang, Forced Education Section: 86-451-57307338
3. [Yuanyang City, Henan Province] Ms. Shen Suqin Arrested
Ms. Shen Suqin from Yuanyang City, Henan Province was arrested the night of February 20, 2009 for distributing copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.
4. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Tiedong Police Station, the Xinhua Police Station, the Tiexi Police Station and the Erdaowan Police Station arrested Mr. Hu Jiangrong, Ms. Dong Yajuan, Mr. Wu Yaorong, Ms. Shang Yuhua, and Mr. Zhao Liankui from Fuyu County, Qiqihar City on February 20, 2009. Police also ransacked several practitioners' homes.
5. [Shanghai] Rejection of Mr. Liu Peng and Ms. Zheng Yan's Appeal
Officials at the Shanghai No.1 Intermediate Court rejected Mr. Liu Peng and Ms. Zheng Yan's appeal. Mr. Liu was sentenced to five years in prison, and Ms. Zheng to three years.
Shanghai No.1 Intermediate Court: 86-21-62751200 Ext. 2046
6. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Duan Dewu Arrested
Mr. Duan Dewu was arrested on the morning of February 20, 2009 for explaining the facts about Falun Gong. He is being held in the Yaziquan Prison in Harbin City.
7. [Raoping County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Huang Chuanyang Arrested
Mr. Huang Chuanyang from Raoping County, Guangdong Province is being held in the Minxi Prison in Fujian Province. Mr. Huang resisted the forced brainwashing, but policeman Fu Yandong put him in handcuffs day and night. Police then put Mr. Huang into a tight administration team in November 2008. His family's visits have been denied.
8. [Hulunbeir City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Repeat Arrest of Ms. Gao Wa
Zhang Xuzeng, Domestic Security Division deputy chief in the Hailar District in Hulunbeir City, broke into Ms. Gao Wa's home and arrested her at noon on February 18, 2009. Police had arrested Ms. Gao and ransacked her home on December 16, 2008 and released her on December 29, 2008.
Wang Rongcai, Hulunbeir City 610 Office: 86-470-8230610,
Cao Mingjie, Hulunbeir City 610 Office No.1 Section chief: 86-470-8239610, 86-1348900019
Tian Pu, Hulunbeir City 610 Office No.2 Section chief: 86-470-8297737, 86-15904709931
9. [Yongzhou City, Hunan Province] Police Arrest Ms. Xie Qingyun
Ms. Xie Qingyun, 60 years old, is from Baizhutang Village, Qiliqiao Town, Qiyang County, Yongzhou City. Officers from the town's police station arrested her and confiscated many personal belongings at 9:00 a.m. on February 19, 2009. Ms. Xie is currently being held in the county's detention center.
10. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Jing Fengli and Ms. Liu Liqin Arrested
Ms. Jing Fengli was arrested on January 25, 2008, and she is being held in the Qingdao City No.3 Detention Center's No.1-10 Room. She and Ms. Liu Liqin are being held in the same cell. They are often beaten and forced to do heavy labor.
Several other practitioners are being held in the Qingdao City No.3 Detention Center. They are Ms. Sun Liping, Ms. Xu Yingchun, Ms. Li Xiujun, Ms. Xu Jinping, Ms. Jia Cuilan, Ms. You Shirong and Ms. Ji Feng.
Qingdao City No.3 Detention Center: 86-532-85036567
11. [Tianjin] Ms. Feng Yuzhen Arrested
Sixty-seven-year-old Ms. Feng Yuzhen from the Tanggu District in Tianjin was arrested and put into the district's detention center on the afternoon of February 13, 2009. She is still being held there.
12. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Mingtao Has Appealed - 2001 Information with Updates
Mr. Li Mingtao was arrested in July 2001 for distributing Falun Gong flyers and sentenced to 11 years in prison in November 2002. He is still being held in the Hebei Province No.4 Prison, and police often refuse his family's visits. Mr. Li has appealed the unconstitutional sentence.
13. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Mr. Dong Shouzhu
Eight officers from Huanggezhuang Town in the Fengnan District broke into Mr. Dong Shouzhu's home and confiscated a computer and a printer at 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2009. They took him and Mr. Dong Huiquan from the same village to the police station.
14. [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shu Yulan Sentenced to Five Years in Prison
Ms. Shu Yulan was arrested in Shaoxing City, Zhejiang Province in April 2008 for explaining the facts about Falun Gong. She was sentenced to five years in prison in August 2008.
15. [Shanghai] Ms. Li Gendi and Ms. Liu Guizhen Held in a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Li Gendi and Ms. Liu Guizhen from the Zhabei District of Shanghai were arrested and put into the Qingpu Brainwashing Center on February 9 and 10, 2009.
16. [Shanghai] Ms. Cao Qiongzhi Held in the Changning District Detention Center
Personnel from the Zhoujiaqiao Police Station and from the Changning District Police Department arrested 59-year-old Ms. Cao Qiongzhi in February 2009. Police ransacked her home and put her into the district's detention center.
17. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Li Xueqing and Ms. Ma Suifang Arrested
Ms. Li Xueqing and Ms. Ma Suifang were arrested in Lantian County on February 18, 2009. Police ransacked their homes and confiscated a printer and a computer from Ms. Ma's home. The women are still being held in Lantian County.
18. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Persecution of Ms. Zheng Baohua
Ms. Zheng Baohua, 31 years old, works with her husband in Zunhua City. She was arrested and her home was ransacked on July 6, 2008. Police beat her and later sentenced her to two years of forced labor.
Ms. Zheng had been held many times after July 20, 1999. The total detention period was about six years. She was just released in autumn of 2007.
Personnel from the city's Domestic Security Division and from the Dongjiuzhai Police Station broke into Mr. Wang Ning's sister's home in Dongzhangzhuangzi Village in July 2008. They did not find anything related to Falun Gong and left.
19. [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Ms. Wu Yingfeng and Her Husband Mr. Wu Yaoqiang Arrested
Jingyuan County 610 Office head Pan Qianrui led officers from the Pingbao Township Police Station. They arrested Ms. Wu Yingfeng and her non-practitioner husband Mr. Wu Yaoqiang at their home in Pingbao Village, Pingbao Township, Jingyuan County, Baiyin City at 4:00 p.m. on February 12, 2009. The couple is being held in the county detention center.
Pingbao Township party secretary: 86-943-635001, 86-943-635002
Pingbao Township Police Station: 86-943-653003