(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities or counties in 8 provinces. In this report, 17 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 12 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhang Xiulan on the Verge of Death in a Detention Center
Ms. Zhang Xiulan was an employee of the Nuerhe Textile Mill of Jinzhou City. In August 2008, she was illegally sentenced to six years of imprisonment by the Taihe District Court. The Shenyang Women's Prison refused to accept her because she suffered from a uterine tumor. However, Li Weijia from the Jinzhou 610 Office and the Jinzhou Police Department still detained Ms. Zhang Xiulan inside the Jinzhou First Detention Center. Now Ms. Zhang Xiulan has developed a tumor on her neck. The tumor has now grown pretty big and she cannot eat or walk. She also has difficulty speaking. The detention center detained her alone in a small cell and ordered two inmates to force-feed her.
Wang Hui, a team leader of the Jinzhou Police Department: 86-416-2389966 (H),
Li Yazhou, Associate Director of the Jinzhou Police Department: 86-416-2572018, 86-416-2388888, 86-13897886666
Li Weijia, Head of the Jinzhou 610 Office: 86-416-2601038, 86-13897889812
2. [Taicang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xu Fuming Is Facing Illegal Trial
At 6:30 p.m. on December 27, 2008, Mr. Xu Fumin was arrested by plain-clothed police from the Xinqu Police Station while he was distributing fliers about Falun Gong at a tea shop. He was detained in a detention center for 27 days and was extorted out of 10,000 yuan. On March 20, 2009, Mr. Xu will be on trial.
3. [Liangping County, Chongqing City] On February 19, 2009, Elderly Ms. Tan Chaoying from Xinsheng District Arrested and Her Home Searched; Her Whereabouts Unknown
4. [Hubei Province] Ms. Zhang Qinghua Passed Away as a Result of Persecution
In February 2003, Ms. Zhang Qinghua was arrested by the Xiangfan police. She was not released until she was on the verge of death as a result of persecution. In January 2004, she was arrested again by the police from the First Section of the Wuhan Police Department. She was released three days later. Later on, she had become homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home. She suffered both physically and mentally. In the early morning of March 3, 2009, she passed away as a result of the persecution.
5. [Yunnan Province] Additional Information about Arrest of Mr. Dong Zhikun and Ms. Geng Shuhua
Mr. Dong Zhikun is a teacher from the Yunnan Province Forestry Professional Technical School. Around noon on February 28, 2009, he was arrested by the Jindian Police Station of Panlong District while he was distributing fliers about Falun Gong to tourists at a scenic area of the Jindian Mountain in Kunming City. His home was also ransacked. Now he is being detained in the Panlong District Detention Center in Kunming City.
At the same time, Ms. Geng Shuhua, from the same school, was also arrested. Now she is being detained in the Panlong District Detention Center.
6. [Kunyang, Yunnan Province] On February 22, 2009, Ms. Li Huiping from the Kunyang Phosphate Fertilizer Factory Was Arrested While Distributing the Falun Gong Fliers
7. [Dingxing County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest and Extort Money from Ms. Li Fuzhi
On March 2, 2009, the personnel from the Dongluobao Township government went to Dongluobao Village to search the home of Ms. Li Fuzhi. They took away fliers about Falun Dafa and also took Ms. Li Fuzhi to the township government. She was not released until she was extorted out of 1000 yuan.
8. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information about the Arrest of Mr. Wang Wenzhang
Mr. Wang Wenzhang lives in Fuhe Village, Baiyu Township, Xifeng County, Tieling City. At 11 a.m. on March 2, 2009, Mr. Wang Wenzhang was reported to the police while he was distributing fliers about Falun Gong. The police from the Pinggang Town Police Station in Xifeng County arrested him. The police also pried open the door to his home and took away a laptop, a printer, Dafa books and fliers about Falun Gong. Ms. Wen Qinglan, Mr. Wang Wenzhang's wife, was forced to become homeless in order to avoid being arrested at home.
Pinggang Town Police Station: 86-410-7220024, 86-410-7853866
Detention Center of the Monitor Team: 86-410-7844161, 86-410-7843979
9. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Chunxia and Ms. Li Chunyan Arrested
On February 28, 2009, Ms. Li Chunxia and Ms. Li Chunyan were reported to police and taken to the Ningcheng Detention Center while they were explaining the facts about Falun Gong in Ningcheng.
10. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Mr. Xia Hongmin Arrested
At noon on March 5, 2009, Mr. Xia Hongmin from Dongguan Village, Laishui Town, Laishui County was arrested by the police of Laishui County. He was taken to a forced labor camp.
11. [Chongqing City] Ms. Gong Xiuying Persecuted
In March 2008, Ms. Gong Xiuying from Jiulongpo District was sent to the Jiulongpo District Detention Center. One year has passed. Her family members are not allowed to visit her.
12. [Huangmei County, Hubei Province] Ms. Mei Xiantao Arrested
On March 4, 2009, Ms. Mei Xiantao was arrested by the Chengguan Police Station while she was explaining the facts about Falun Gong on the street. She has been detained in the Shili Detention Center for 15 days.
13. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] At Noon on March 9, 2009, Mr. Kang Aimin Was Taken Away from His Son's Home by the Jiamusi City Police Department
14. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Yu Aihua Sentenced to Three Years of Imprisonment
One morning at the beginning of September 2007, Ms. Yu Aihua was arrested by the Zhuhai 610 Office and sent to the Zhuhai Detention Center.
On January 4, 2008, the Xiangzhou District Court of Zhuhai City opened the first session against Ms. Yu Aihua. On March 31, 2008, the court opened the second session against her and she was sentenced to three years of imprisonment. Now she is being detained in the Guangdong Province Women's Prison.
15. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Ma Zhanhe and Two Practitioners Detained
On March 6, 2009, Mr. Ma Zhanhe, Ms. Zhanwei and Ms. Xiuyin were reported to police while they were explaining the facts about Falun Gong in a village in the Zhangshiyan Area. The police from the Zhangshiyan Township Police Station of Zanhuang County arrested them. Now they are being detained in the Nanhuochang Administration Detention Center in Shijiazhuang City.
Xue Xinyi, Head of the Zhangshiyan Township Police Station: 86-13932190871
Zhangshiyan Township Police Station: 86-311-84260110
Li Guozeng, Head of the National Security Team of Zanhuang County Police Department: 86-13933063821
16. [Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guo Xingwang Has Difficulty Walking and Speaking as a Result of Persecution in the Hulan Prison
17. [Beipiao City, Liaoning Province] At 10 a.m. on March 9, 2009, Ms. Yu Guilan from Wujianfang Village, Wujianfang Town, Taken Away from Her Home
18. [Xinjin City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wang Xiang Detained
On February 19, 2009, Mr. Wang Xiang from Xinjin City was arrested by the Chengbei Police Station in Shehong County, Sichuan Province. Now he is being detained in the Shehong Detention Center.
19. [Honghu City, Hubei Province] Mr. Xiong Zhengwen Arrested
Mr. Xiong Zhengwen, about 40 years old, is an employee of the Helong High School in Honghu City, Hubei Province. On the afternoon of March 4, 2009, he was deceived by Chen Baorong, the principal, and went to the Honghu City 610 Office. He was arrested and sent to the Honghu City Second Detention Center.
20. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Li Tiantian Persecuted
Ms. Li Tiantian is an elementary school teacher. Since July 22, 1999, Ms. Li Tiantian has been detained in the Shanhai Building, the Educational Building, the guest house of the Water Conservancy Bureau, the guest house of the Forestry Bureau, etc. She was detained in a detention center three times. She was also sent to a forced labor camp for three years.
On July 18, 2006, Ms. Li Tiantian was detained in the Tangjia Brainwashing Center for one month. On November 2, 2006, she was arrested and sent to the Sanshui Brainwashing Center. She was not released until May 15, 2007.
21. [Zhijiang City, Hubei Province] At 9 a.m. on March 9, 2009, Ms. Yao Yuqing Was Sent to the Wuhan Brainwashing Center
22. [Beijng City] Ms. Han Yuhang and Ms. Zhao Yuhuan Detained
Ms. Han Yuhang, 40 years old, is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Haigang District, Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province. She works in the Qinhuangdao Education Bureau. On February 20, 2009, she went to Beijing for a business trip and stayed in the Tiejian Hotel in Beijing. The police from the Yongding Road Police Station in Haidian District, Beijing City, took her away. Now she is being detained in the Haidian District Detention Center.
Ms. Zhao Yuhuan is a Chinese teacher at the Qinhuangdao 7th High School. On November 29, 2008, she was arrested while she was distributing fliers about Falun Gong in Beijing. Now she is being detained in the Chaoyang District Police Station in Beijing City.
23. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] At 7 p.m. on March 9, 2009, Mr. Feng Zhongshi from the Shahe 20th Metallurgy Factory Arrested