Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Xu Jun Dies in Custody in Jilin Province

March 01, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Xu Jun, 53, was originally from Helong City, Jilin Province. He had been living in Changchun City, and he was detained in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp located in Jiutai City. On February 6, 2009, he suddenly fell into critical condition and was rushed to the China-Japan Friendship Hospital to be rescued. He died on February 17, 2009. The Camp Administration stopped all visitation on February 18, the regular visitation day, and told his family that he had suffered a stroke after showering. They pressured his family sign the paperwork to have his body cremated right away.

Because he firmly persisted in his faith, Mr. Xu was arrested and detained after the persecution began in 1999. He was sentenced to two years in prison in 2000 and detained in the Tiebei Prison in Changchun City. After his term was extended, in the winter of 2002 he was forced to undergo a brainwashing session in the Tumen City CCP School.

In June 2008, police from the Longxicheng Town Station and Domestic Security division arrested him in a dry cleaning store and sent him to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp with an 18-month term. Before 2009 Chinese New Year (January 26, 2009), the guards initiated another round of intensive brainwashing with cruel torture. Mr. Xu's sudden stroke may have been related to this brainwashing.

Mr. Xu's family is suspicious about the cause of his so-called stroke and requested an investigation and justice. Below is their appeal letter:

Changchun City Suburban People's Procuratorate,

Jilin Province Force Labor Bureau Chief;

My name is Xu Yuntao, and I am the son of Mr. Xu Jun, who died in the custody of the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp.

At around 9 p.m. on February 6, 2009, Warden Shi Chun'guang called me and said my father was being rescued in the Jiutai City Traditional Medicine Hospital because he was suffering a hemorrhage in his skull. My wife and friend rushed there at around 11 p.m. and saw that one male nurse was asleep while my father was twitching badly, the intravenous injection was unattended, and the oxygen supply was almost empty. The doctor suggested that he go to a bigger hospital to have an open-skull operation done, for he had about 30 ml of blood in his skull. Guard Gao Lei called the camp and said they would only allow them to transfer him to the Labor Camp Hospital because he was a Falun Gong practitioner. However, my wife strongly insisted that the labor camp hospital does not qualify for such a treatment and promised to pay for the cost. The 120 Emergency vehicle came around 3 a.m. on February 7, 2009.

The ambulance arrived at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital at around 6 a.m. on February 7, 2009. The open-skull operation was done around noon on February 7, 2009. He remain in the ICU, but at 9 p.m. on February 17, 2009, the doctor declared that he had passed away. We took his body to Chaoyanggaou Funeral Home to be stored accompanied by guards. Warden Shi Chun'guang told us, "Mr. Xu Jun was taking a shower at around 6 p.m. on February 6, 2009. Suddenly he could not stand still, and he fell and passed out. He was carried to the clinic, where it was discovered that his blood pressure was over 200, then he was taken to the hospital."

My father had always been in good health. He was optimistic and open-minded. We have huge doubts about how he suddenly had a brain hemorrhage. I have many reasons believe the cause of my father's death is the camp's attempts to force my father to give up his faith. We have heard of the many cruel and violent methods used on Falun Gong practitioners. Hence, I request that the Procuratorate investigate this incident and give us a true and just explanation.

Xu Yuntao, Mr. Xu Jun's son

February 25, 2009

Shi Chun'guang, Warden of Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp: 86-13630548524 (Cell)
Gao Lei, guard: 86-13341486839 (Cell)
Luan Xuede, guard: 86-13578656403 (Cell)
Zhao Yongsheng, guard: 86-13944829060 (Cell)
Du Liang, guard: 86-13756128526 (Cell)