Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Sun Hongchang Crippled as a Result of Torture, Wife Beaten to Death, Father Dies of a Broken Heart (Photo)

December 09, 2009 |  

Name: Sun Hongchang (孙洪昌)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Construction
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 28, 2006
Most Recent Place of Detention: Dongling Prison in Shenyang City (沈阳东陵监狱)
City: Fushun
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, physical restraint, interrogation, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Liaoning Province) For the past 3 years, Mr. Sun Hongchang's father, in his 70s, had been running back and forth trying rescue his crippled son from miserable torture at the hands of the Chinese communist regime officials. In 2008, the old man became sick but said he would be cured if his son were released and allowed to come home. However, he never saw his wish come true, and died at 7 p.m. on November 4, 2009.

Mr. Sun Hongchang

1. Younger Son Sun Feng, Fearful and Grief-stricken, Passed Away

Mr. Sun Hongchang was forced to leave his home in 2000 to avoid being arrested. After his wife was tortured to death in 2003, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) police tried over and over to arrest Mr. Sun Hongchang. At that time, their older son was in college, and their younger son, Sun Feng, was only 12 years old.

Besides bearing the pain of losing his loving mother, Sun Feng was also worried about the safety of his father. In the absence of his parents, he was cared for by relatives. In late December 2004, he became very weak and ill. After passing out multiple times, he was taken to the hospital for emergency treatment. Sun Feng died on August 25, 2005.

Ms. Wang Xiuxia, wife of Mr. Sun Hongchang

2. Wife Wang Xiuxia Beaten to Death in Custody

At around 10:00 a.m. on May 29, 2003, more than 20 officers from the Dongzhou Criminal Police Team, Xintun Police Station, and Wanxin Police Station arrested Mr. Sun's wife, Mrs. Wang Xiuxia, and two other practitioners. Mrs. Wang died as a result of torture just two weeks later.

At first, the 42-year-old was held in a detention center in Fushun City. Because she did not cooperate with the guards, she was severely tortured. She was forced to sit on an iron chair in a small cell.

The next evening, several criminal inmates carried Mrs. Wang into the women's section of the prison. She was wearing heavy shackles but still shouting, "Falun Dafa is good!" Three days later, they carried her out again in the morning to force-feed her while she was tied to the iron chair. For several days, she was carried out in the morning and at night for force-feeding. The guards would handcuff her to a radiator after they brought her back in. The radiator was so low that she had to sit on the floor all night.

Mrs. Wang seldom spoke. Her arms and legs were covered with holes made by the guards or inmates poking her with toothpicks. After eight or nine days, she could hardly breathe or speak. The guards stopped carrying her out and removed the handcuffs and shackles. She was force-fed and given IV fluids in her room.

One day, other practitioners helped her to go to the restroom. After squatting for a long time she could not urinate. With great effort she told the practitioners that the criminal inmates had tortured her by pulling out all her pubic hair. She could not urinate because that area was so swollen. Those inmates had also pressed the round button on a coffee mug lid into her rib cage and moved it around to cause excruciating pain.

After several days of continuous torment, Mrs. Wang Xiuxia passed away. On the evening of June 15, 2003, Fushun City Police Department authorities notified her family of her death. When her family rushed to the police department, they saw that her body, which was in a freezer, was disfigured. The police refused to let the family take a close look at the body and didn't answer their inquiries about the cause of her death. On the morning of June 17, before her family could see the body, the police hastily sealed it in a coffin. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/6/3/61474.html)

3. Mr. Sun Hongchang Crippled due to Torture

While Mr. Sun Hongchang was working at his job in the Xinlong Community in Qingyuan County, eight officers from the Fushun City Police Department's Domestic Security Division arrived and arrested him at around 5 p.m. on March 28, 2006. The officers then detained him at the Qingyuan Town Police Station.

That night, six agents from the Fushun Domestic Security Division brutally tortured Mr. Sun. Those involved included Guan Yong, Hao Jianxiu, and Zhao Dazhuang. The person chiefly responsible for the torture was Guan Yong.

At about 11:00 p.m. that same night, one agent used electric batons to shock Mr. Sun's genitals after Guan Yong and other policemen had beaten him for an hour. They then pummeled his penis with their fists. They also used both hands to force one of Mr. Sun's legs above his head, a torture method called "splitting the hip." (Fushun Domestic Security Division people are also using this cruel tactic. Victims subjected to such extreme physical agony can easily become disabled.)

To carry out this torture, four to five policemen took two wooden sticks and wrapped them tightly with wide tape to Mr. Sun's legs, preventing him from bending them. They then immobilized his right leg on the bed. They used both hands to force Mr. Sun's left leg over his head. Each time the abuse lasted one or two hours. It was so painful that Mr. Sun fainted many times. Residents near the police station could hear Mr. Sun's agonized, painful screams. The torture continued until 5:00 a.m. the next morning.

When they were torturing Mr. Sun, the officers yelled, "We simply have no human nature. We have beaten your wife to death. If you die here, it just means another 2000 yuan in compensation for us."

On the evening of March 30, the police again beat Mr. Sun, "split his hip," and kicked his left foot hard. While they tortured him, they asked him if it hurt. His left leg swelled up badly and became black and purple. It was injured to the point that he could not stand or walk. He became bedridden and he could not take care of himself. People living near the police station heard his screams three nights.

On March 31, police officers carried Mr. Sun to the Dashagou Detention Center in Qingyuan County and detained him there. The Detention Center officials refused to accept him, but officers took them out for dinner, bribed them, and threatened them until they finally accepted.

By this time, Mr. Sun's left leg had become disabled. While at the detention center, the pain kept him bedridden for more than a month. Detention center officials took him to the Qingyuan County Central Hospital for an examination, which showed nerve damage. On May 25, an examination at the Fushun City Central Hospital showed injury of the common peroneal nerve.

On June 12, Shenyang Medical University Hospital examined Mr. Sun and found injury to the sciatic nerve. After some time his left leg and foot showed significant atrophy and became thinner than his right leg, with the left toes curved and deformed.

Although Guan Yong and other police at the Fushun Domestic Security Division had beaten Mr. Sun so severely that he became disabled, they were not held responsible. Instead, on September 18, 2006, Qingyuan County Court sentenced Mr. Sun to five years of imprisonment. The prison refused to admit him because of his poor health, but he was not granted release for medical reasons.

When Mr. Sun's left leg was crippled due to torture, his parents tried to bail him out on a medical parole. They visited many offices in Qingyuan County and Fushun City. The city officials told them he was detained in the county, so that they should take their request to the county authority. When Mr. Sun's parents approached the county, however, they were told that it was the city police who had tortured him to disability, and thus the city should handle the case. They pushed the old couple back and forth.

Mr. Sun's family tried to hire a lawyer. The lawyers in the county did not dare to take on the case. Some lawyers in the city first accepted his case, but they quit halfway through due to pressure.

Mr. Sun's condition has worsened since then. Originally only his left leg was crippled, but now both of his legs are crippled. Other prisoners must carry him on their back if he needs to use the toilet. His blood pressure is 250 mm.

The Dashagou Detention Center director, Qi Chengbin, refused to release him. On July 28, 2009, he transferred Mr. Sun to Dongling Prison in Shenyang City.

On August 3, 2009, Mr. Sun's father, who was still alive but very sick; his mother; and his sister went to visit him in Dongling Prison. He was sitting in a wheelchair and could not stand up. His family managed to visit him again on September 1, 2009. But as of October 16, 2009, the prison forbade all visits, claiming the ban was due to A-type flu prevention.

Guan Yong, the First Division of the Fushun City Police Department: 86-413-2787387 (Office), 86-13009251616 (Cell)
Qi Chengbin, director of Dashagou Detention Center in Qingyuan County: 86-413-3041501 (Office), 86-13941311501 (Cell)
Dongling Prison address: 88-Dongling Street, Dongling District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, zip code 110161; Tel: 86-24-62344407, operator 86-24-24711755, ext.-8040 (day) & -8075 (after 7 p.m.)
Dongling Prison Administration: 86-24-24711754
On-site Procuratorate: 86-24-24711697; Management Office: 86-24-62343403

Written on November 26, 2009