Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Death and Disappearance Incidents Involving Falun Gong Practitioners in Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province

December 31, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The following death and disappearance incidents involved Falun Gong practitioners in Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province.

1. Ms. Liu Xiaoling was 37 years old in 2001, and she was from Wuzhan Township in Zhaodong City. She was arrested on 2000 New Year's Eve, and subsequently incarcerated at the Zhaodong Detention Center. She went on hunger strike to protest. At around 3:00 p.m. on the afternoon of May 15, 2000, the police took her to an interrogation room. Detention center manager Wu Guozhi force-fed her with fermented bean curd soup and strong brine. Ms. Liu was also brutally beaten during the force-feeding process. The beating resulted in a broken rib that pierced one of her lungs, which led to her death.

2. Mr. Gao Zhihei, in his seventies and Mr. Gao Jingfa, in his fifties, were father and son who came from Hexin Village in Chuangwu Township, Zhaodong City. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the police harassed and threatened daughter Gao Jingmei and son-in-law Zhang Zhiguo at home. They were imprisoned prior to May 2001 for the fifth time when Zhang Zhiguo's older sister reported them. Gao Jingmei's brother was fired, and Gao Zhihei and Gao Jingfa suffered a relapse of their old ailments. Gao Jingfa died on November 19, 2001, and Gao Zhihei died on November 25, 2002. Zhang Zhiguo was sentenced to jail.

3. Mr. Zhang Nailiang was 56 years old and a teacher at the Sanyou Elementary School in Zhaodong City. He had practiced cultivation since 1998 and recovered from diabetes after beginning the practice.

After July 20, 1999, Bureau of Education officials and Sanyou Elementary School authorities pressured him to give up cultivation. The local police harassed his family frequently and forced him to write a guarantee statement, promising not to practice. This long-term persecution caused his health to deteriorate, and he died on November 9, 2004.

4. Ms. Bi Jingzhi was 56 years old, and she was from Wuzhan, Zhaodong City. She had traveled to the provincial government on July 22, 1999 to appeal and was put on the local police station's blacklist, and they harassed and threatened her frequently. Police intruded into her home on August 23, 2000 and forcibly took her away. They detained and physically abused her. Ms. Bi died on May 27, 2005.

5. Ms. Zheng Xianqin was in her eighties, and she started Falun Gong practice in May 1999. Before then she had severe pulmonary emphysema, bronchial tube asthma and other ailments for many years, along with difficulty walking. After practicing, her health improved dramatically.

On July 20, 1999, Ms. Zheng's family members, deceived by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) lies, destroyed her practice tapes. Ms. Zheng suddenly lost her practice environment. She could not sleep and suffered a relapse of her ailments. She died on March 10, 2005.

6. Ms. Shao Zhongqin, 63, was from Zhaodong City. In 2000, local police confiscated her family's property and harassed her frequently. She lived under tremendous pressure and dared not practice any longer. Four years later, in 2004, she contracted uremia and died on October 6, 2005.

Many from Zhaodong City are Missing

1. Ms. Zhang Min was 29 years old and single. She previously lived in Zhaodong City but later moved to Huoju Village in the Sartu District of Daqing City. During the second half of 2002, she went to Beijing to appeal with another practitioner. They were arrested in Beijing. Local 610 Office agents escorted them back.

When family members went to the 610 Office to petition for her release, official Ren Jiansheng said, "She was released on the way back," but her family never saw her. Her family went back to Ren, who insisted that they released Ms. Zhang. In addition, he ordered her family to transfer her registered permanent ID to Daqing City because Ms. Zhang had not lived in Zhaodong for several years. Ren then called the police station where Ms. Zhang 's permanent ID was registered and told them that "Zhang Min's family members agreed to transfer the registered permanent ID." Just like that, Ms. Zhang's registered permanent address was transferred.

Her older sister and mother hoped to find out her whereabouts, but have been unsuccessful even verifying that she is still alive.

2. Ms. Lu Jing was a 33-year-old practitioner from Changsheng Village, Xuanhua Township. She has been missing since the fall of 2000.

3. Mr. Li Weizhi, in his fifties, was from Zhaodong City and used to be the CEO of a rubber factory in Zhaodong City. After the factory closed down, a company affiliated with the Daqing Oil Field Design Institute hired him.

In mid-December 2000, Mr. Li went to Beijing in the hopes that he could share with the government his cultivation experiences and how he benefited from it. He has been missing since then.

4. Ms. Wang Wanzhen was in her sisxties, and was repeatedly persecuted for practicing Falun Gong. She was once sentenced to three years in prison for telling people about Falun Gong. She was released last year. In April 2009, she rented a one-story house. Police chief Wang Huanwen and officer Sun Lidong from the Qianjin Police Station arrested her and sent her to a detention center. She was released 15 days later. Police officer Sun Lidong forced the landlord not to rent to Ms. Wang, and she has been missing since.