(Clearwisdom.net) Minghui correspondent reports from Hebei Province: 59 Falun Gong practitioners from eight counties and districts in Tangshan City, Hebei Province are illegally held in police custody.
Five practitioners are from Luan County
(1) Officials from the Luan County Domestic Security Division and from the Zhenzi Town Police Station illegally arrested 40-year-old Ms. Sun Yanping from Zhenzi Town, Luan County, Tangshan City, Hebei Province at 4:00 pm on August 3, 2009. She is currently held at Luan County Detention Center.
(2) The police arrested Ms. Zhang Xiuzhi from Luwei Township, Luan County from a marketplace on August 12, 2009. She is held at the Luan County Detention Center.
(3) The police arrested Ms. Meng Cuimei, in her 50s, from Xincheng, Luan County from home on September 8, 2009. Ms. Li Yuping, in her 60s, from Luan County was recently arrested in Beijing. She has lived in exile. Meng Cuimei and Li Yuping are held at Luan County Detention Center.
(4) Officers from the Guma Police Station in Xinli Township arrested 40-year-old Mr. Yang Fengjiu from Luan County on October 18, 2008 and held him at the Luan County Custody Center. He was transferred to the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp after October 29, 2008, to be held there for two years.
24 practitioners are from Qianan City
(1) 11 practitioners are held at the Qianan Detention Center in Hebei Province as listed below:
Mr. Li Qingsong, 36-year-old, an official at the Qianan City
Agriculture and Economy Center
Mr. Li Yankui, 39-year-old, working at the Qianan City branch of China Agriculture Bank
Ms. Zhao Minghua, 40-year-old, the wife of Li Yankui and an elementary school teacher in Qianan Town
Ms. Zhang Hewen, 64-year-old, a retired employee from the Qianan City branch of China Agriculture Bank
Ms. Zhang Liqin, 45-year-old, teacher
Ms. Liang Xiulan, 43-year-old, an employee at a Chinese medicine hospital
Sun Yongsheng, Li Xiuhua, Shao Lianrong, Yang Jianmin and Cai Youwang
Practitioners Zhang Liqin, Liang Xiulan, Sun Yongsheng, Li Xiuhua, Shao Lianrong, Yang Jianmin and Cai Youwang were reported to the police as they distributed Falun Gong materials in three villages that are part of Shangzhuang Township, Qianan City. It happened in the evening of May 22, 2008. They were later arrested.
(2) Two practitioners are held at the Qianan City Custody Center--Mr. Han Yalin from Caiyuan Town, Qianan City and his wife Xue Cuiqin were reported by a villager at 11:30 am on September 30, 2009. They are now held at a custody center.
Two practitioners are held at the Qianan Seed Company's Brainwashing Facility--Mr. He Haiwen and a woman practitioner who works for the Shougang Company.
(3) Three practitioners are held at the Kaiping Detention Center
Ms. Wang Weiyue is in her 40s and works for a steel factory in Qianan City. She was reported to the police on February 11, 2008 as she handed out Falun Gong flyers at the Baoguanying Bus Station in Qianan City and was illegally sentenced to two years in prison.
Ms. Li Fengzhen, around 60 years old; and Ms. Xu Xiurong from Daguozhuang Town, Jianchangying Town, Qianan City
(4) Three practitioners held at the Jidong Prison
Mr. Song Naiwen lived in Yanjiadian Township, Qianan City. He
was sentenced to seven years in prison in August 2006 and was held
at the Jidong Prison.
Mr. Liu Wuquan lived in Yanjiadian Township, Qianan City. He was sentenced to four years in prison in August 2006 and held at the Jidong Prison.
(5) Four practitioners are held at the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison
Ms. Duan Guiping is around 50 years old and lived in
Taipingzhuang Township in Qianan City. Qianan City Court officials
sentenced her to four-and-a-half years in prison in 2007. She is
held at Shijiazhuang Women's Prison.
Duan Guiping's daughter Li Anli lived in Taipingzhuang Township in Qianan City. Qianan City Court officials sentenced her to three-and-half years in prison in 2007.
Ms. Liang Xiuqin, 50-year-old, lived in Taipingzhuang Township in Qianan City. Qianan City Court sentenced her to four-and-half years in prison in 2007.
Ms. Zhao Cuiyun was sentenced to two years in prison.
Also persecuted is Mr. Liang Xiusheng, who is around 41 years old. He is a doctor in Xiaguanying Town. Liang Xiulan, named above, is his sister. The police arrested him and ransacked his home on May 25, 2008. Qianan Court officials sentenced him to two years of forced labor. He is now held at a labor camp near Erhuan Road in Shijiazhuang City.
15 practitioners from Tanghai County persecuted
(1) Eight practitioners have been sentenced to prison
Ms. Zhang Jinping, in her 40s, lived at No. 5 Farm in Tanghai County. Officers from the No. 7 Farm Police Station arrested her and practitioners Tong Ruifen and Wu Junshi on September 25, 2007 as they handed out Falun Gong materials at the No. 7 Farm. They were taken to the Tanghai County Detention Center. Tanghai County Court tried held Zhang Jinping, Tong Ruifen and Wu Junshi between 9:00 a.m. and 10:40 a.m. on December 24, 2007. No verdict was announced, but a pre-determined verdict was learned after the trial. Wu Junshi, in his 70s, was sentenced to three-and-half years in prison and he is held at Division 5 at the Jidong Prison. He has since been released due to poor health.
Zhang Jinping was sentenced to three years in prison, and Tong Ruifen was sentenced to three-and-half years in prison. They were taken to the Sanhuan Women's Prison in Shijiazhuang City in May 2008.
Ms. Sun Cuiqing, 60-year-old, was sentenced to four years in prison and was taken to the Shijiazhuang Prison on April 1, 2009.
Ms. Xu Na, in her 50s, was sentenced to four-and-half years in prison and was taken to the Shijiazhuang Prison in January 2009. Li Fuguo, Domestic Security Division head, led other officials, broke into Xu Na's home on June 10, 2008 and arrested Xu Na who was home alone. They also took several Falun Gong books, DVDs, and a CPU. The police ordered Xu Na's family to sign her detention warrant that same afternoon. Lunan District Court officials in Tangshan City attempted to put Xu Na on trial the morning of July 23, 2008. They held the trial at Tanghai County Court in the morning of August 14.
All of the following practitioners were transferred to the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison in early June 2009:
Ms. Liu Xiaoling, in her 60s, sentenced to five years
Ms. Yang Shuzhi, in her 40s, sentenced to five years
Ms. Qin Pengzhen, in her 60s, sentenced to five years
Ms. Zhao Yufang, in her 50s, sentenced to three years
Officers from the Chengguan Police Station in Luannan County arrested practitioners Liu Xiaoling, Yang Shuzhi and her husband Zheng Jianjun, a driver who does not practice Falun Gong, along with practitioners Zhao Yufang, and Qin Pengzhen the evening of June 11, 2008, as they handed out Falun Gong materials in Luannan County. Li Fuguo, Tanghai County Domestic Security Division head, joined police officers from Luannan County and local Party Committee officials. They ransacked practitioner Liu Xiaoling's home at 3:00 am that day. They took Falun Gong books and personal belongings.
(2) Seven practitioners are held in labor camp(s)
Ms. Chi Yanlan, 55-year-old, from Shilihai, Tanghai County was subjected to two years of forced labor. She was taken to the Kaiping Labor Camp on August 25, 2008.
Zhang Shun, Tanghai Police Department deputy head, Domestic Security Division officials headed by Li Fuguo and Sun Jingsen, and officials from Shilihai Police Station, deputy head Shen Lichun and other officials arrested Chi Yanlan from her home at noon on July 26, 2008. Wang Huaiji, Shilihai Street Committee head, deputy head Zhang Fangguo and Jiang Yanli monitored Chi Yanlan's home around the clock for more than two months. They later dispatched eight more officials to follow her around. They ransacked her home twice and took lots of her private possessions. She was taken to the Kaiping Labor Camp in Tangshan City on August 25, 2008.
Ms. Hou Fang is around 40 years old and came from the Tanghai County No. 1 Farm. She was subjected to 18 months of forced labor and was transferred to the Kaiping Labor Camp in January 2009.
Tanghai County Court officials attempted to put practitioner Sun Cuiqing from Shilihai on trial again at 8:00 am on December 8, 2008. When practitioner Hou Fang stood outside the court and spoke with people about Falun Gong, officials from the Tanghai County Domestic Security Division headed by Li Fuguo arrested her. Hou Fang's family received a verdict on December 19 - that she had been sentenced to 18 months in a labor camp.
Mr. Zheng Chunshan, in his 30s, from Zhengzhuangzi Village, the No. 10 Farm, Tanghai County, was subjected to two years of forced labor and transferred to the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp in September 2008.
Eight officials including Li Fuguo and Sun Jingsen, heads of Tanghai County Domestic Security Division, Zhao Zhice and Gui Yinjie from the No. 10 Farm Police Station in Tanghai County and Zheng Xiangjing, Party Head of Division 5 of the No. 10 Farm, ransacked Mr. Zheng Chunshan's home. They took a notebook computer, a desktop computer, Falun Gong books, portraits with Falun Gong founder's images and Falun Gong materials. They also took lots of things from Zheng Chunshan's private business - a repair shop - such as printers. They took Mr. Zheng to the Tanghai County Police Department and transferred him to the Tanghai County Detention Center on July 31, 2008.
Ms. Ning Dandan was subjected to two years of forced labor and was taken to the Kaiping Labor Camp in May 2009.
Practitioner Sun Cuiqing's daughter Ning Dandan from Haixing Village, Shilihai, Tanghai County exposed the persecution of her mother. The police retaliated. A group of officers headed by Li Fuguo arrested her in the evening of March 24, 2009 and subjected her to two years of forced labor.
Police arrested 47-year-old Mr. Liu Lianhao from work at the Tanghai County Hospital on March 9, 2009. They first took him to Tangshan City and held him under administrative detention and later subjected him to two years of forced labor. He was taken to Hehuakeng Labor Camp in late March 2009.
Mr. Huo Yinxian is in his 50s and was a teacher at the Tanghai County No. 2 Middle School. The school principal and two police officers arrested him the morning of April 15, 2009 and ransacked his home. They took him to the Tangshan Custody Center and subjected him to two years of forced labor. He was taken to the Hehuakeng Labor Camp in May 2009.
The police arrested 70-year-old Ms. Liu Boru on July 15, 2009 as she spoke with a taxi driver about Falun Gong in Tanghai County. Her family paid extortion and she was released on bail after five days of detention. Tanghai Court tried her on September 11, 2009. Officials lied to her family during the trial and told them she would be released if she wrote a guarantee statement. Her family wrote it on her behalf.
However Ms. Liu Boru was arrested again from her home in the morning of November 17, 2009. It is possible that officials from Tanghai County and the court went to her home and arrested her when she came home from a market. They claimed Tangshan City had approved a three-year prison sentence for her. She is now held at Tanghai County Detention Center.
One practitioner from Luannan County is persecuted
Mr. Liu Zongyong from Luannan County has been held at the Jidong Prison so far after being sentenced to six years by Luannan County Court in 2005.
Three practitioners from Leting County persecuted
(1) Mr. Zhang Xigong was subjected to two years of forced labor
and is now held at the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp.
(2) Ms. Cao Yachun was subjected to two years of forced labor and is now held at the Kaiping Labor Camp.
(3) Mr. Yan Depu was subjected to two years of forced labor and is now held at the Hehuakeng Labor Camp.
Three practitioners from Guye District are persecuted
(1) Officers from the Dongbei Police Station of Zhaogezhuang Mine in Guye District ransacked practitioner Bi Junqing's home on September 11, 2007. They arrested Mr. Bi Junqing and his wife Wang Shouping, 55-year-old, a retired employee from the Guye District Grain Station. Mr. Bi is 56 and worked at the Zhaogezhuang Mine. He was arrested in February 2000 for appealing for Falun Gong and held at the Guye Detention Center for four months. He was later taken to the Hehuakeng Labor Camp in Tangshan City and held for one year. Then, in September 2001, he was taken to a brainwashing session at the Tangshan Textile University where he was savagely tortured. He was held at this brainwashing facility for two years and ten months. Guye District Court officials tried the couple without notifying their families. Mr. Bi was illegally sentenced to eight years in prison, held at the Jidong Prison; Ms. Wang was sentenced to seven years and held at Luquan Women's Prison in Shijiazhuang City.
(2) Two men whose identities are unknown grabbed Ms. Qu Jin from the Guye District as she handed out Falun Gong materials in the Nanbao Development Zone, Fengnan. They took her to the Nanbao Development Zone Police Department. She is now held at Kaiping Labor Camp.
One practitioner from Nanbao persecuted
Officers from the Nanbao Development Zone Police Department arrested Mr. Zhang Yongqing, a retiree from Nanbao Development Zone Alkali Factory, on September 21, 2009 and took her to the Hehuakeng Labor Camp. His blood pressure has risen above 200 mmHg. His family is denied visits.
Seven practitioners from Qianxi persecuted
Ms. Chen Baihe and Ms. Chuai Cuijun from Qianxi were sentenced to four years and five years in prison, respectively, on January 10, 2007. Chen Baihe was taken to the Jidong Prison the evening of April 16, 2007 while Chuai Cuijun was taken to the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison.
Zhu Zhengang, head of the Qianxi Domestic Security Division and Chengguan Police Station head Zhang Yinbo led a group of officers. They ransacked Ms. Chai Junxia's home at 11:00 pm on July 18, 2007. Chai Junxia was sentenced to four years in prison and taken to the Shijiazhuang Women's Prison on April 21, 2008.
Qianxi Court sentenced Mr. Liu Yunjiang to three years in prison. He was taken to the Jidong Prison.
Seven police officers led by Liu Jinying, head of the Qianxi Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Wang Xiuhua from home at noon on July 29, 2008. After being held at Qianxi Detention Center for two months, she was sentenced to three years in prison, with five years reprieve. She is currently under home surveillance.
Practitioners Zhang Yinfu and Wang Shuyan from Qianxi are held at the Kaiping Labor Camp.