Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Jiang Ruihong Dies as Result of the Persecution

October 04, 2009 |  

Name: Jiang Ruihong (姜瑞虹)
Gender: Female
Age: 68
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Retired Administrator of Dalian City Textile Bureau
Date of Death: September 16, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 11, 2009
Most recent place of detention: Dalian City Forced Labor Camp (大连教养院)
City: Dalian
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Forced Labor, Beatings, Torture, Physical Restraint, Home Ransacked, Interrogation, Detention

(Clearwisdom.net) (Correspondent from Liaoning Province) After Ms. Jiang Ruihong attended Master Li Hongzhi's second lecture series in Dalian City in July 1994, the more than a dozen diseases that she had disappeared, among them high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney infection, and arthritis. She did not take any medication for the 15 years after she started cultivation. She changed from a sick woman to an optimistic, healthy person; however, during the persecution, she was arrested three times. She died as a result of the persecution on September 16, 2009.

The first time she was arrested, in October 2000, Ms. Jiang went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa; she was detained and her home was ransacked. Police sent her to serve two years of forced labor in Dalian City Labor Camp. She refused to wear a name tag at the labor camp, and was brutally beaten by guards. She was released on medical parole after her blood pressure was measured at higher than 200 mmHg.

The second arrest was on February 25, 2002. She and her husband were both arrested while posting truth clarifying materials. They were taken into custody for 24 hours and held in the local police station. They were deprived of their right to eat and drink, and the police tied them each to an Iron Chair. Police officers took Ms. Jiang to Dalian City Labor Camp.

The third arrest took place at 2 p.m. on March 11, 2009. Ms. Jiang went to visit her sister-in-law (also a practitioner) with her husband. Only 10 minutes after their arrival, more than twenty officers stormed into the room. They arrested the couple.

Although the old couple was released on the same night, Ms. Jiang appeared to be ill afterwards. She could not lie down to sleep, and felt short of breath. After 15 days, she had stomach problems, and could not eat until the beginning of May; by this time she had already lost 25 pounds. Since May, she had not been able to walk normally, and was short of breath. At 4:30 p.m. on September 9, 2009, she fell down when she tried to pick up the phone, lost her ability to speak, and appeared to have had a stroke. She was rushed to the hospital, but the attempted rescue was in vain. She died at 7 a.m. on September 16, 2009.

Written on September 30, 2009