Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Dai Xianming's Life During the Last Ten Years of Persecution

October 31, 2009 |  

Name: Dai Xianming (代先明)
Gender: Male
Age: 57
Address: Yangguang Garden C7 - 2, Apt. 3-4, Yongchuan City, Chongqing
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 13, 2005
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yongchuan City Prison (永川监狱)
City: Chongqing
Persecution Suffered: Torture, Sexual Assault, Brainwashing, Home Ransacked, Detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Since 1999, Mr. Dai Xianming has been repeatedly harassed for practicing Falun Dafa by the Yongchuan City 610 Office and the Xidajie Police Station. In order to avoid further persecution, he had to flee from his home. Unfortunately, the persecution continued and in March 2005, he was arrested at his apartment in Rongchang City by the Rongchang 610 Office. After being tortured, he was sentenced to four and a half years in prison. He continues to suffer in the Yongchuan Prison.

Mr. Dai, born on March 7, 1952, was a villager of the Puduqiao Villager Group in Yongqing Village, Yongchan City, Chongqing. He was in poor health. He gambled, drank, and smoked. Because he was violent, his marriage almost broke up. In September 1997, he began practicing Falun Dafa. His health improved. He stopped gambling, drinking, and smoking, and his family life became harmonious.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners on July 22, 1999, Mr. Dai was arrested four times between 2000 and 2002.

During the first half of 2000, officers from the Xidajie Police Station held him at a drug rehab camp for more than a month and extorted 290 yuan in cash from him.

In October 2000, agents from the 610 Office and officers from the Xidajie Police Station arrested Mr. Dai while he ate at a relative's home, held him in a brainwashing center for more than a month, and extorted more than 500 yuan from him.

In October 2001, officers from the Xidajie Police Station deceived Mr. Dai by telling him that they wanted to "have a talk." Once he arrived for the conversation, they locked him up in the brainwashing center at the Yonghong Factory. He was finally released after his father wrote a guarantee statement in his name and paid a 300 yuan guarantee deposit.

On January 20, 2002, officers from the Xidajie Police Station arrested Mr. Dai while his was having dinner and held him for five days.

His relatives and friends were detained and abused for speaking up for him. One day, when officers did not find him at home, they began searching the homes of his relatives and friends and arrested everyone who tried to stand up for him. Yongchuan 610 Office chiefs Liu Shengjun and Deng Guangqi and other officers knew these people were not practitioners and knew that they knew nothing about Mr. Dai's whereabouts, but still detained, abused, and extorted money from them. His niece, Yao Rong, was the most affluent among his relatives. She was imprisoned for the longest time and suffered the worst abuse, such as "carrying a sword on the back." She was released after the extortion reached almost 20,000 yuan.

After this incident, Mr. Dai left his home to try to avoid further persecution for him and his family.

On March 13, 2005, he was arrested at his temporary apartment in Rongchang City by agents from the Rongchang City 610 Office and local police. Without a warrant, they searched his apartment and seized his printer, cash, and other property. They tortured him at an undisclosed location for two days, and then imprisoned him at the Rongchang Detention Center. His face, arms and legs were badly swollen after two days of torture.

In the detention center, guards ordered the inmate leader in the cell to "admit" Mr. Dai - every prisoner in the cell punched Mr. Dai one after another as hard as he could. There were 13 prisoners in the cell. They first gave him the "carry mother" treatment: The two strongest prisoners stood on Mr. Dai's sides, forced his back against a wall and bent him over at a ninety degree angle. Then others jumped up and hit Mr. Dai's bent back with their elbows. After that, there were "spicy chicken nuggets" (1), "riding an airplane" (2), etc. All of these forms of physical abuse were instigated by the guards.

The Rongchang Domestic Security Division interrogated Mr. Dai frequently in the detention center. They withheld Mr. his money, more than 1,000 yuan. Mr. Dai asked for the money during every interrogation session. They finally transferred 100 yuan to his detention account, but did not allow him to make any phone calls, send letters, or ask others to pass messages. The officers did not get anything from the interrogation, but they sentenced him to four and a half years in prison and imprisoned him in the Yongchuan City Prison.

In prison, the practitioners were closely monitored by the four most abusive prisoners. They followed every move of practitioners, even when he used the bathroom or slept. Practitioners were not allowed to speak to others, look around, move around, or sit. They had to ask for permission before doing anything. Beatings and solitary confinement were common occurrences.

The monitors abused practitioners at will. If the sun was extremely hot, they ordered practitioners to run or walk like a duck or stand still on the drill ground while they watched in the shade and guards watched from inside an air-conditioned room.

They tortured practitioners who refused to "transform", subjected them to beatings, hung them up in the air, subjected them to sleep deprivation and food deprivation, did not allow them to go to the bathroom for long stretches, and denied them family visits. The worst and lowest was sexual abuse. The victim's clothes were stripped off, his upper body was tied to a bed, and his lower legs were forced apart and each foot tied to the outside of the bed. Then prisoners were ordered to sodomize the victim.


(1) "Spicy chicken nuggets"- The practitioner is forced to lie on the ground. The inmates then take turns jumping high up in the air and then landing on the upper legs of the practitioner with one foot.

(2) "Riding an airplane"- In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to hold this position for a long time. This torture is so named because the body in this position resembles an airplane. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/9/29/52921.html