Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution of Ms. Gao Guilan in Fushun City, Liaoning Province

October 29, 2009 |  

Name: Gao Guilan(高桂兰)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: South Street, Qingyuan Town, Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Retired
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 12, 2004
Most recent place of detention:
Liaoning Province Women's Prison(辽宁省女子监狱)
City: Fushun City
Persecution Suffered:
Imprisonment, Interrogation, Torture, Beatings, Physical Constraint, Force-Feedings.

Key Persecutors: Cui Yongqiang(崔永强), Wang Xuejing(王雪静)

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a Minghui reporter from Liaoning Province) Ms. Gao Guilan started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Before learning Falun Gong, she suffered daily from all kinds of diseases, such as heart disease, stomach disorder, nephritis, internal bleeding, tracheitis, hysteromyoma, and insomnia. She could not do any housework, and she felt it would be better just to die. However, things started to change after she began practicing Falun Gong. Her body and mind were purified, and all the diseases were gone. Her body felt light and she could resume a normal life. Falun Dafa gave her a new life, almost like having a second life.

On January 2, 2002, Ms. Gao was illegally detained by Qingyuan County Police Station. On May 22, she was sentenced to four years and six months of imprisonment by Qingyuan Court. She was held in Qingyuan Dashagou Detention Center for nine months. During that time, she chose to go on a hunger strike as a means to protest the persecution, which resulted in her health deteriorating to a fragile state. The superintendent in the detention center was afraid that she would die there, so he sent her home on October 2, 2002. On July 12, 2004, Ms. Gao was illegally arrested again by officers from Qingyuan County Police Station and sent to Liaoning Province Women's Prison.

Illegally sentenced to imprisonment

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party started its repression of Falun Gong. All the media, from broadcast TV to newspapers, were employed by the Chinese Communist Party to defame Falun Gong. So that people could know the actual truth about Falun Gong, Ms. Gao and several other practitioners decided to make truth-clarificationmaterials and distribute them. When Qingyuan County Police Station found out she had participated in this, she became homeless.

On December 28, 2001, Ms. Gao went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice. As soon as she arrived, she was arrested by Beijing police. She was sent back to Qingyuan County and detained in a police station, which was then called Dongyuan Street Police Station. Several officers tied her legs with thick ropes. Her hands and feet were tied to an iron chair so tightly that she could not move. One officer pushed her down, and another soaked a towel in alcohol and pressed it to her face to burn her. A third pinched her nose and dumped rice wine into her mouth.

Ms. Gao was detained in Qingyuan Dashagou Detention Center for nine months. During that time, she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The hunger strike endangered her life several times, so she was taken to a hospital for emergency medical treatment. Even though she was hospitalized, Qingyuan Procuratorate and Qingyuan Court sentenced her to imprisonment. She refused to sign the judgment, which resulted in six months being added to her term. With her health in such a fragile state, the superintendent was afraid that she would die in the detention center, so on October 2, 2002, she was sent home. Qingyuan County Police Station also extorted 4,760 yuan from her family.

Even when she was at home, Wang Lifeng, Xin Yanlei, Yi Gang, and several other police officers often harassed her family. Sometimes they called her home in the middle of the night. Due to the consistent harassments and threats, her family lived in a constant state of fear. Her husband was so scared that he had a heart attack and had to be taken to a hospital. Ms. Gao's daughter had to leave her three-year-old baby and go to another city to earn some money so that her father could get treatment. Ms. Gao's husband was extremely worried from then on, causing him great physical and mental stress, which directly led to his death in 2005.

Persecuted in Liaoning Province Women's Prison

On July 12, 2004, Cui Yongqiang, Wang Xuejing, and dozens of other officers from Qingyuan Dashagou Detention Center got into Ms. Gao's home by telling a lie, claiming that they were going to give her a physical examination. Actually, they took her to Liaoning Province Women's Prison.

When she was in prison, she was brutally beaten by a prisoner called Jiang Yi, who was abetted by the guards. Guard Jia Yingchun incited murderers Zhang Li and Wang Weiqing to brutally beat her. All three took turns watching her to prevent her from sleeping. They even followed her into the bathroom. They employed different kinds of tactics, such as confining her in a solitary compartment, forbidding her from sleeping, beating her with an electric baton, forcing her to sit on an extremely small stool, stripping her clothes off and forcing her to stand in the bathroom, and the list goes on. It was a living hell in the human world.

People involved in persecuting Ms. Gao:

Wang Lifeng, officer at Qingyuan County Dagujia Town Police Station: 0413-3575110 (Office), 0413-3028896 (Home), 13504231290 (Cell)

Cui Yongqiang, officer with the Qingyuan County Safeguard Supervising Brigade: 0413-3040103 (Office), 0413-3024348 (Home),13941302996 (Cell)

Wang Xuejing, policeman in Qingyuan County Safeguard Supervising Brigade: 0413-3040105 (Office), 0413-3028222 (Home), 13941397993 (Cell)