Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Liu Laibin Dies After Enduring Five Years of Imprisonment

October 23, 2009 |  

Name: Liu Laibin (刘来彬)
Gender: Male
Age: 67
Address: Yingkou City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Retired from Yingkou City Boiler Factory
Date of Death: October 10, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 24, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yingkou City Prison (营口监狱)
City: Yingkou
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Sleep Deprivation, Brainwashing, Illegal Sentencing, Beatings, Imprisonment, Torture, Interrogation, Detention

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Liaoning Province) Mr. Liu Laibin used to have a stomach disorder, phlebitis, and lung disease. He began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, and all his illnesses disappeared. He disciplined himself according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, and treated others kindly.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, the local police and community workers constantly harassed him when he went home, and they arrested him and once sent him to a brainwashing center.

On June 24, 2003, Mr. Liu was doing business in front of the Jianfeng Market in Zhanqian District, Yingkou City. Several officers from the Desheng Police Station arrested and detained him in the Yingkou City Detention Center, where he was brutally beaten by other prisoners. Guard Yi Zhaoyun would not allow Mr. Liu to do the exercises or speak. He forced Mr. Liu to do more than 10 hours of labor, and he often had to work overtime and into the night. He had very little sleep, and prisoners were forced to be on night watch duty where they would take turns watching his cell.

During his detention, the Zhanqian District Procuratorate charged Mr. Liu with "crimes undermining the execution of the law". They put Mr. Liu on trial on December 5, 2003, and sentenced him to five years in prison on December 23, 2003. He was taken to Yingkou City Prison in February 2004.

Upon entering Yingkou City Prison, guards instructed prisoners to force Mr. Liu to write statements to accept the brainwashing. He was once locked in a small cell (1) for four days, forced to sit on a small stool that was only one inch wide, and deprived of sleep for 24 hours. Mr. Liu's life was in danger twice, but the prison refused to release him. He was finally released after his five year term ended in June 2008. He died at around 9:00 a.m. on October 10, 2009.

(1) The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners behind the back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night the rats run around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.

Written on October 20, 2009