(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Hubei Province) Many practitioners have been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) minions in Macheng City, Hubei Province since the persecution began in July 1999. The persecution orders originated from the 610 Office and officials from the Macheng City's Politics and Law Committee, while the arrest orders were executed by local law enforcement entities, including the State Security Division, local judicial office, and local police. The police used extremely brutal methods to persecute practitioners, and didn't respect existing laws or human rights. Examples of their methods include: illegal arrest, detention, extortion, torture, forced labor, illegal sentencing, and brainwashing. According to unofficial statistics, since 1999, nine practitioners have been tortured to death, 56 practitioners have been sent to forced labor camps. Thirty four are being held in a "re-education center," which is actually a brainwashing center. Police ransacked their homes and confiscated personal belongings.
Nine Practitioners Persecuted to Death
1. In 2000, Mr. Huang Jianyong, in his 20s, from Songbu Town, Hubei Province, went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. He was arrested, taken to the Macheng City Political Detention Center, and detained for three months. In the detention center, Mr. Huang's old health problems bothered him again and his condition worsened, but he wasn't released. Because he didn't receive timely medical treatment, his condition turned critical. To avoid responsibility, the prison guards took Mr. Huang home and left immediately without any explanation. He died several days later.
2. Mr. Li Xuechen, 63, was a retired cadre from Machen City's Light Industries Bureau. In 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was arrested and detained in a local police station for almost a year. He was brutally tortured, so he had difficulty walking and was emaciated. One month after his release, officers claimed that Mr. Li was distributing Falun Gong flyers and arrested him again. He was taken to the Gulou Police Station, where he was tortured on the tiger bench for 36 hours. Despite the intense August heat, he was not provided any food or drink and was deprived of sleep. The guards were assigned to six shifts. They beat him nonstop in the hope of "transforming" him so that he would renounce Falun Gong. He did not cooperate. He was later transferred to the Machen Detention Center and detained for three months. He suffered inhuman torture and passed away in late December 2000. Yang Feng from the Gulou Police Department was responsible for the torture.
3. Ms. Wang Huajun, 30, was a resident of Fengjiashan, Macheng City. One morning in April 2001, she was arrested while she was telling people the facts about Falun Gong in Macheng City. The police beat her inhumanly until 11:00 p.m. that night. When she was on the verge of death, they dragged her to Jinqiao Square, which is located in front of the Municipal Government gates, drenched her with gasoline, and set fire to her while she was still alive. A female sanitation engineer happened to witness this execution.
4. Mr. He Xingzong, 50, was a resident of Daluhe Village, Songbu Town, Macheng City. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. At around 2:00 a.m on December 8, 2001, while he was posting Falun Gong informational materials on telephone poles in the village, he was spotted by officers from the Songbu Police Station. They brutally beat him until he died. When his family members were preparing him for the burial, they discovered two deep fingerprints on his neck, a large and deep wound on the back of his head, and smashed testicles.
Individuals who participated in the above crime: Li Jiede, chief of the Songbu Police Station in Macheng City, Hubei Province; Xu Zhiwen, assistant chief; Zou Yintao, police officer.
Songbu Police Station in the Macheng City, Hubei Province: 86-713-2062324 (Office).
5. Ms. Li Jiju, 37 years old, was from Xifan Village, Macheng City. On the afternoon of May 15, 2002, more then ten policemen climbed over the wall at Ms. Li's home, ransacked it, beat her, broke one of her ribs, and took her to the Macheng City Detention Center. On May 20, Li Shengguo, secretary of the Discipline Inspection Commission of Macheng City; Yang Gandun; and Yan Wensan, branch section chief at the Macheng City Police Station, secretly took Ms. Li to the Longchi Police Station for interrogation. They brutally beat her until she died. After she died, her eyes were wide open and her body covered with blue and black marks. She had many fractured bones and her neck showed the signs of having been chocked. After news of her death became known, the authorities claimed that she had committed suicide by jumping from an upper story of the building. The police officers monitored everything closely until she was buried and threatened her family and relatives. No one was allowed to ask questions or take pictures.
Individuals directly responsible for the death of Ms. Li:
Li Shengquo, Macheng City discipline inspection commission secretary
Chen Kaiyuan, chief of the Macheng City's Police Bureau
Bai Kaiyu, Macheng City committee secretary
Yang Gandun, deputy head of the Macheng City Police Bureau
Yang Feng, chief of the Longchi Police Station
6. Mr. Luo Kaojun was born in December 1946 in the second section of Fanghe Village, Yingji County, Zhongyi Town, Macheng City. He began to practice Falun Gong in September 1995. Before joining the practice he had severe rheumatic heart disease. He recovered from the illness within a month after starting the practice. On December 3, 2000, he was arrested when he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was detained at the Zhongyi City Police Station. Police ransacked his home and confiscated all of his personal belongings. During five months of detention, he was brutally tortured. The guards tried to force all of the practitioners to malign Falun Gong and step on a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong. Mr. Luo picked-up the portrait and set fire to it from a burner. Four guards picked him up and then dropped him repeatedly until he fainted. The guards then poured cold water over him until he came to. They kept repeating this over and over again. Mr. Luo was severely hurt, his face bloody, swollen, and unrecognizable, and his internal organs injured. He was in critical condition. His tormentors were afraid of being held responsible, so on April 28, 2001, they released him. His wife was later arrested and his son became destitute and homeless to avoid being arrested. Mr. Luo was left at home without anyone to care for him. He passed away at 4:00 a.m. on September 23, 2002.
Individuals responsible for the death of Mr. Luo:
Peng Teng, chief of the Zhongyi Police Department
Wang Quanxin, assistant chief (since transferred)
Jin Xiujian, assistant chief
Liu Hanzong, Cao Jie and Han Feiqiang
7. Mr. Li Changmao, in his late 50s, was a resident of Qiting Town, Macheng City. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1995, and has since enjoyed good health and happiness. He was persecuted by the CCP minions many times. On February 24, 2002, he was arrested at home by agents from the Macheng City 610 Office and officers from the Macheng City Police Station. He was detained for one year in the Shizishan Forced Labor Camp in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. In the labor camp, he was forced to perform hard labor and was subjected to brutal beatings. At around 9:00 p.m on the night of June 19, 2008, he was arrested again by officers from the Macheng City Police Station, National Security Bureau, and Qiting Police Station, and his home was ransacked. After his arrest, his suffered a relapse of his old illness and was taken to the hospital for emergency treatment. He felt a little better but his tormentors didn't leave him alone. He was arrested again by agents from the Macheng City State Security Bureau and detained for two weeks at another detention center. After his release, he distributed fliers on the morning of February 8, 2009. Later that day, his body was discovered in a ditch less than 500 meters away from the Federal Highway. The cause of his death is unclear. Duan Zhigang, chief of the Qiting Police Department, is responsible for the persecution of Mr. Li.
8. Ms. Li Ruilan, 60, was a retired cadre from the Macheng City Zhongyi Public Health Center. Before she began practicing Falun Gong, she suffered many illnesses. Her illnesses disappeared entirely soon after she began cultivating. Her daughter and son-in-law were arrested many times and taken to a brainwashing center because they practiced Falun Gong. In 2008, her son-in-law was sentenced to an eight-year prison term and is still detained at the Qinduankou Jail in Wuhan City. Whenever her daughter and son-in-law were arrested, Ms. Li was the only one at home to take care of her young grandson. Police often ransacked her home and confiscated many personal belongings. Because of the ongoing threats and harassment by police, her health deteriorated and she became mentally traumatized. She passed away on August 1, 2001.
9. Mr. Dong Chunhou, 60, was a resident of Macheng City. After he started practicing Falun Gong in February 1997, he enjoyed good health. On January 2001, officers from the Guishan Police Station in Macheng City arrested, tortured, and took him to brainwashing sessions. His health deteriorated and he became mentally traumatized. He died on November 9, 2003.
Fifty-six Practitioners Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor
List of practitioners:
Zou Guixiang, Hu Jianzhen, Ding Hongxia, Yu Qiaohuan, Wang Fang, Ceng Yingxia, Tan Aihua, Shi Xuefeng, Jiang Zhengxiang, Tao Lahuai, Wang Xingguo, Yan Ping, Li Xueqin, Wu Yanwen, Xiang Mingxian, Zhu Xianyang, Yang Qingbo, Li Changmao, Dai Guomin (arrested twice), Wang Hanqiao, Zhang Guangjun, Xiang Benqi, Yu Airong, Yu Jianni, Xiong Wenpei, Zou Huiping, Mei Jigang, Wang Nan, Liu Guiqin, Ding Qingfen, Ceng Binglan, Wu Mingan, Ceng Xianqi, Yang Yufeng, Luo Xuelin, Feng Sujuan, Xiong Jianhui (arrested twice), Xiong Jianping, Yao Xiaoan, Hu Liping, Li Chunmei, Hu Lingzhi, We Qiping, Jiang Xianhua, Yu Huihua, Zhang Zihua, Zhao Renhua, Dai Congli, Liu Xin, Bai Zijian, Luo Xianbao, Luo Liteng, Xie Qiongying, Yu Xuelun, Yi Xiangsheng, and Liang Yi.
Thirty-three Detained at Brainwashing Centers
Practitioners detained at state and local-level brainwashing centers:
Zhou Xiancheng, Fu Guanghua, Liu Nianhua, Ceng Jinhuan, Yang Qingbo,Tao Xiai, Tao Lahuai (arrested twice), Xie Qiongying (arrested twice), Peng Jing, Yang Xianfeng, Xie Zhengwang, Yu Yumei, Zhou Dunwang, Wu Lin, Zheng Zunxiu, Hu Lingzhi, Wang Aihua, Wu Qiping, Jiang Xianhua, Pan Ruijuan, Shi Xuefeng, Fang Hongbin, Li Jini, Bai Zijian, Dong Shuzhen, Yi Xingxiang, Dai Congli, Chen Ping, Zhu Yuhua and Xu Daoshu.
The above is a partial list. Many practitioners were arrested by different law enforcement agencies and taken to brainwashing centers in Macheng City. Further investigation is needed.
Ms. Dong Shuzen Arrested and Others Persecuted
Ms. Dong Shuzen was arrested by agents from the 610 Office and officials from her workplace, the Macheng City Hospital. They took her to the Macheng City Mental Hospital, where she was brutally tortured.
Two practitioners were not allowed to continue their graduate degrees at a local university.
Individuals Responsible for the Persecution of Practitioners in Macheng City:
From 1999 to 2002:
Zhang Jiaguo, former mayor of Macheng City. He had a minor surgery in 2002. Due to an anesthesia accident, he entered a vegetative state and died in 2008.
Liu Zhitian, former Macheng City committee secretary and now head of the Hubei Province Publishing House Company
Li Shengguo, city disciplinary secretary in 2002. He is responsible for the death by beating of Li Jiju.
Cheng Yuanliang, former Macheng City head of the 610 Office in 2000. He is now the Macheng City disciplinary secretary.
Zhan Zegui, head of the Macheng City disciplinary Secretary in 2003. Leader in the persecution of practitioners.
Chen Kaiyuan, former chief of the Macheng City Police Station. Leader in the persecution of practitioners.
Bai Kaiyu, committee secretary of the Macheng City Police Department
Huang Shaokui, assistant director of the Macheng City Police Department who specialized in persecuting practitioners: 86-713-2992858 (Home), 86-131-00746528 (Cell)
Yang Gandun, branch chief of the Macheng City Police Department
Yan Wenshan, assistant branch chief of the Macheng City Police Department
Yang Feng, chief of the Golou and the Longchi Police Station
Chen Houzhi, chief of the Macheng City First Detention Center
Tan Min, female guard at the Macheng City First Detention Center
Xie Guangming, head of the Fuzihe Township 610 Office
Jin Zhihe, Xie Guangming, He Zhi, Yu Linm and Liu Chungang, police officers at the Fuzihe Township Police Station
Xu Shiqian, Baiguo Township law committee secretary
Lu Xinghui and Wang Yijie, employed at the Baiguo Township 610 Office
Cao Guangyin, chief of the Baiguo Township Police Station
Qiu Yuanqing, former chief (2003) of the Baiguo Township Police Station
Liu Shijun, assistant chief of the Baiguo Township Police Station
Police officers: Peng Honghui, Xiong Wenji, Wang Wei, Dai Chunjie, Qu Zhigang, Zou Wanru, Luo Huisheng, Xie Guoxin, and an officer with a last name Xie.
Yan Xiaodong, assistant chief of the Guishan Police Station: 86-713-2881266
Ma Xingbin, chief of the Tiemengang Police Station
Xu Jiping, assistant chief
Yang Guangming, instructor
Chen Kongmou and Peng Teng, police officers
Huang Liwen, Zhou Chengyou (has been dismissed), Zhu Zhixiong, and Zhou Shengli, employees at the Tiemengang 610 Office
Li Zhengquan, deputy secretary of Liujiawa Village, Yutiangang, Tiemengang
Li Jiede, chief of the Songbu Police Station
Xu Zhiwen, assistant chief
Zou Yintao, police officer
From 2002 to 2006
Deng Xinsheng, deputy secretary of Macheng City. He was sentenced to a prison term by the CCP Party in 2009.
Luo Zisheng, deputy secretary and head of the 610 Office: 86-713-2951252 (Home), 86-713-8563952
Zhu Boru, Macheng City Party Committee and deputy secretary of the Macheng City Police Bureau.
Feng Hao, deputy secretary of Macheng City Police Station
Huang Shaokui, head of the 610 Office and assistant chief of the Macheng City Police Station. He specializes in the persecution of practitioners.
Wu Jin, assistant chief of the Macheng City Police Station
Li Jiede, captain of the Macheng City State Security Division: 86-133-77926760 (Cell)
Hu Jiancheng and Luo Tao, officers with the Macheng City Police Station
Ding Pengcheng, officer, the Macheng City Police Station: 86-133-77926760 (Cell)
Jin Xiujian, officer, the Macheng City Police Station: 86-139-72751073 (Cell)
Zou Yongjun, the Macheng City Police Station: 86-713-3829955
Li Daokai, head of the 610 Office, Fuzihe Township
Peng Jianquan, chief of the Fuzihe Township Police Station (2003)
Liu Chungang, assistant chief (2003)
Cai Bindeng, police officer (2003)
Shang Yuanhui, chief of the Tiemen Police Station
Xu Jiping, assistant chief
Wang Zhengjie, instructor
Liu Qiyuan, Chen Kongmou, Xie Xinghuai, Zhou Jie, Tang Zhengming and Yin Bo, police officers.
Huang Liwen, Tiemen County Deputy Secretary, current head of Tiemen County and head of the 610 Office
Mei Jianhe, former head of Tiemen County
Li Zhengquan, head of Liujiawa Village.
Xiong Guoying, Yu Nengcai, Yao Xiangang, cadre of Liujiawa Village
Mei Guangliang, head of Maojiadawan Village.
Wang Yongbo, chief of the Qiting Township Police Station
From 2007 to the present
Deng Xinsheng, former Macheng City Deputy Secretary. He was persecuted and fired by the Chinese Communist Party officials for misconducts in May 2009.
Hu Hongjuan, former deputy secretary of Macheng City. In the spring of 2005, she was in charge of "transforming" practitioners in the Macheng City brainwashing center. In 2008, while she was walking to work, she was hit by a vehicle and died.
Li Xueliang, political and judiciary committee and the chief of the Macheng City Police Station: 86-135-08651198 (Cell) and 86-713-2993410 (Office)
Huang Shaokui, assistant chief, specializes in persecuting practitioners
Xie Xianying, Macheng City Secretary
Liu Desheng, head of the 610 Office
Li Jiede, captain of the Macheng City Police Station, State Security Division: 86-138-72031199 (Cell)
Hu Jiancheng, the Macheng City Police Station, State Security Division
Ding Pengcheng, captain of the Macheng City Police Department, State Security Division: 86-133-77926760 (Cell)
Luo Tao, Macheng City Police Department, State Security
Jin Xiujian, Macheng City Police Department, State Security: 86-713-3829955
Zou Yongjun, Macheng City Police Department, State Security: 86-139-72751073 (Cell)
Macheng City Detention Center: 86-713-2953217
Macheng House of Detention: 86-713-2955173