Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zheng Shoujun Tortured to Death in Liaoning Province (Photos)

September 05, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zheng Shoujun, 45, lived in Niuxintuo Township, Liaozhong County (under Shenyang City). He started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1998, and he kept his faith after the persecution began in 1999. At the end of 2000, he went to Beijing to clarify the truth, but was arrested and sentenced to three years of forced labor. In order to force to him give up his faith, the guards at the Zhangshi Labor Camp in Shenyang City tortured him over a long period of time. In a photograph below he is seen demonstrating one of the cruel methods of torture called "Chicken with a twisted neck."

Mr. Zheng Shoujun demonstrated the torture he endured in 2004.

At around 7:30 a.m. on September 27, 2001, seven to eight brainwashing instructors tried to force Mr. Zheng to accept the brainwashing, but their efforts were in vain. Mr. Zheng was beaten mercilessly. He solemnly told the brainwashing perpetrators their actions were illegal. Mr. Zheng was then pushed down on the floor, and his foot was scratched by metal and bled profusely. He was then pushed under a metal table. Mr. Zheng's legs were attached to the floor 30o apart, then his neck was tied to his calves, and his upper body was then forcefully pressed down. Mr. Zheng was a very large man, weighing 200 pounds. His stomach was squeezed and his neck was pulled down to his ankles. His neck and feet were tied with a bed-sheet, resulting in his face and stomach touching the floor. Lastly, they tied his hands behind his back.

Mr. Zheng was kept in that position while his legs were repeatedly kicked. He was asked, "Do you still want to practice? If you do we could leave you tied up like this forever!" Mr. Zheng answered, "Even if my bones are crushed to pieces, I will still practice!" Mr. Zheng was in extreme pain, as if all the bones in his body were fractured, the tendons all broken, and as if ten thousands knives were cutting into his body. His clothes were soaked with sweat and this left a puddle of water on the floor. Mr. Zheng cried out loudly in pain, but none of the guards paid any attention because it was the guards who ordered the brainwashing personnel to torture him like this. After four hours he was released because the guards needed the space to eat lunch. Mr. Zheng was unable to move upon being released. His body stayed locked in that position, and he experienced extreme pain if any one touched him. These vicious torturers kicked him, pinched him, and beat him to cause injury to his upper body. The pain was so great that it almost caused him to lose consciousness. He could not walk for three months because his feet and legs were dislocated. The soles of his feet turned up, and his ankles would touched the floor first when he tried to walk.

Around October 2001, Management Office Deputy Chair Shi Fengyou, ordered prisoners to keep Mr. Zheng from sleeping. Instead he was forced to squat within the boundaries of one piece of tile on the floor. His head was then tied between his legs with rope and he was forced to stay in this miserable position for 5 hours. Mr. Zheng lost consciousness, his feet and legs were swollen and he could not walk. In February 2002, the Special Warden for the Torture of Falun Gong Practitioners, Song Baishun, gathered several prisoners from the Second Ward. The practitioners, including Mr. Zheng Shoujun, were beaten, deprived of sleep, and forced to squat for long periods of time. Mr. Zheng endured all sorts of torture, but never give up his faith. He was released in the spring of 2004, after an extended three month term of forced labor.

On March 1, 2005, Mr. Zheng was passing out truth clarifying discs, and was arrested by officers of the Hebei Police Station in Heping District, Shenyang City. He was transferred to the Heping District Detention Center on March 3, 2005, where he went on hunger strike to protest the persecution. He was released one week later, but while he was detained, he was restrained in the police station and injected with unknown drugs which caused him to appear sick.

At around 9 p.m. on February 16, 2006, Mr. Zheng was passing out materials in Panjiapu Township, and was arrested by the police. He was interrogated overnight by 610 Office Chair Feng Dongchang, Domestic Security Division Leader Li Wei, and Panjiapu Police Station Director Zhu Dezhen. He was imprisoned in the Liaozhong County Detention Center on February 17, 2006. There he was severely beaten on the head. Because the police and the guards blocked all information about his condition, he was not treated nor was his family allowed to visit or ask about his injuries. Mr. Zheng went on hunger strike and refused water to protest his brutal treatment.

For the past two years his family has been unable to learn anything about his condition. On August 18, 2008, the police from Shenyang City suddenly called his family, and asked them to go and see Mr. Zheng at the prison hospital. His family rushed to the hospital, only to see the dead body of Mr. Zheng. In fear of their crimes being exposed, the police secretly cremated Mr. Zheng's body at the Wenguantun crematorium.

From the time Mr. Zheng died of torture, until his body was cremated, the temporary home of his wife and daughter had many plainclothes police come and go. During this time it was impossible for anyone to get close to his family. The details of this crime have yet to be investigated.

Dou Hongliang (male), Liaozhong County Police Department Director: 86-24-87899199 (o), 86-24-87800005 (h), 86-13840502006 (cell)
Lin Yongxian (male), Liaozhong County Police Department Deputy Director: 86-24-87897855 (o), 86-24-87800009 (h), 86-13604015000 (cell)
Wang Tie (male), Liaozhong County Police Department Deputy Director: 86-24-87885023, 86-13504988801 (cell)

Feng Dongchang (male), 610 Office Chair: 86-24-87883425, 86-24-87822610, 86-13504008811 (cell)
Li Wei (male), Domestic Security Division Leader, Police Register Number: 115225, 86-13604909119 (cell), 86-24-87820003 (h)
Zhu Zhengzhou (male), Panjiapu Township Police Station Director: 86-13898890033 (cell), 86-24-87971419, or 86-24-87893455, or 86-24-87971410 (o)