Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Dong Keping from Xiong County, Hebei Province Detained, Life in Danger

September 14, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Dong Keping lives in Mawutou Village, Xiong County, Baoding City, Hebei Province. She is a good housewife. She and her husband, Liu Erle, started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Mr. Liu had many diseases, including Meniere's disease, kidney stones, and gastritis, but once he began to practice, all the illnesses disappeared. His mother had hypertension, heart disease, neuralgia, and other diseases. When he introduced Falun Gong to her, she also started to practice. She finished listening to all of Teachers' Fa lecture in four days. Then the miracles happened. Her swollen body and abdomen returned to normal. From then until 2004, she did not need any medicine at all. All the neighbors were very surprised.

After the persecution began in 1999, the family suffered tremendously. In 2004, Mr. Liu was illegally arrested in Beijing and was brutally tortured by Xiong County Police Department Deputy Chief Cui Qihua, Xiong County National Security Team Leader Su Shiliang, and others. The police used the Tiger Bench, electric chair, and electric baton to torture him, plus sleep deprivation. He nearly died due to the brutal torture, but the police still sent him to a forced labor camp. Meanwhile, his wife, younger sister, and elder brother-in-law were also arrested. The police claimed that they would arrest his son and younger brother-in-law, too. Almost everyone in the family was either arrested or forced to become homeless; only the elderly and the children were left at home. Later, Mr. Liu finally found a chance to escape the labor camp. But the brutal torture had left him with lumbar vertebra dislocation, back and leg pain, tinnitus, and a disabled left arm. He could not do heavy labor. He was also afraid of being harassed by the Xiong County police again and became destitute and homeless for a while.

After Mr. Liu was sentenced to forced labor, his mother could not take the stress and heartache. She became very sick and just lay in bed. When her son returned home, she gradually recovered and was able to walk again. The whole family was very happy. But on June 24, 2007, the police department deputy chief, Cui Qihua, again led the police to arrest Liu Erle. During the arrest attempt the family confronted the police, speaking out about the unjust persecution. All the neighbors supported the family as well. The police themselves were ashamed of their illegal actions.

On August 6, 2008, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) personnel in Xiong County spread rumors that Falun Gong practitioners would go to Beijing to appeal on August 8. The Xiong County police arrested many practitioners. On the night of August 6, more than 30 officer, led by Cui Qihua, Longwan Police Station Chief Zhang Yuliang, and Longwan Town CCP Discipline Commission Secretary Zhang Bai, broke into Liu Erle's home and tried to arrest him. His eight-year-old daughter cried and tried to protect her father. The police hurt her hand during the insuing chaos. Ms. Dong Keping argued with the police but was also arrested along with her daughter-in-law. They taken to Longwan Police Station. Later that night, the daughter-in-law was released because she needed to nurse her child. On August 7, the police arrested Liu Erle's younger sister, Liu Erjun. Liu Erle was forced to become homeless again to escape further persecution.

On August 16, Xiong County Police Department officials sent an arrest warrant for Ms. Dong Keping and Mr. Liu Erle to the Mawutou Village Committee. On the morning of August 18, the family went to the police department and asked to meet with Cui Qihua. The gate guard first refused to let them in, and then said that the deputy chief was not there. Mr. Liu's family waited for two hours but still did not see him. They had to go to Cui Qihua's own factory to look for him. But the people in the factory were very rude and did not let the family in.

Ms. Dong Keping went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Right now her condition is critical, but detention center officials have refused to let her family visit her. The mother-in-law missed them so much that her illness got worse and worse. She lost control of her bladder and has extreme difficulty walking. Their young daughter is very depressed. Her young mind is enormously shocked and wounded. Their son is so traumatized that he is too frightened to go home to sleep at night. A happy family has been brutally broken apart by the CCP.

Contact information:

Li Chengqun, Xiong County 610 Office head: 86-15830239966 (Cell)
Cui Qihua, Xiong County Police Department deputy chief: 86-312-5815608, 86-13931698008 (Cell)