(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 24 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, 6 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 40 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Anqiu City, Shandong Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
On July 9, 2008, police officers arrested many practitioners and extorted money from their families. Arrested practitioners include Mr. Lei Shengliang, Ms. Ren Hongmei, Ms. Shen Limei, Ms. Zhang Lihua, Ms. Cao Jinhua, Mr. Cao Hongguang, Mr. and Mrs. Li Huanwu , Ms. Ma Aiyu, Mr. Song Zhenguang, Ms. Su Baoli, Ms. Liu Xiaoyan, and Ms. Zhang Zhenfang.
Mr. Wang Haiqing was arrested on May 11, 2008 and detained in the Anqiu City Detention Center. He has held a hunger strike to protest the persecution since the beginning of his detention. He was force-fed, which severely damaged his health. As a result, he became incontinent and could not take care of himself.
2. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zheng Baowei and Mr. Zhong Dongzang Arrested
On July 24, 2008, police officers from the Tanzhuang Police Station arrested Mr. Zheng Baowei and Mr. Zhong Dongzang, practitioners from Zhangzhuang Village, Heyan Town. It is unclear where they are being detained.
3. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Li Junxia Taken to Yangyuan Brainwashing Center
On July 5, 2008, Ms. Li Junxia was arrested when she went outside, and she was detained in the Erzigou No. 1 Detention Center. On July 20, 2008, police officers forcibly took her to Yangyuan Brainwashing Center, where she was subjected to abuse.
4. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xu Shaogang and Mr. Cui Guohua Arrested
At about 8 a.m. on July 29, 2008, Mr. Xu Shaogang from Bajiazi Village, Juliangtun Township was arrested by police officers from the Juliangtun Township Police Station. He is currently detained in the Yi County Detention Center. Mr. Cui Guohua was also arrested.
5. [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Pingqiao and Ms. Zhou Shuqin Sentenced to Forced Labor
Ms. Liu Pingqiao and Ms. Zhou Shuqin, two elderly practitioners, were arrested by police officers from the Qinggong Police Station. On July 7, 2008, they were sentenced to two years of forced labor. On July 21, 2008, they were taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
6. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Hao Yaqin and Ms. Hao Yafen Arrested
Ms. Hao Yaqin and Ms. Hao Yafen, who live in South Garden, Songyuan Oil Field, were arrested by police officers from the Fanrong Police Station on June 20, 2008. At present, they are being detained in the Shanyou Detention Center.
7. [Liaoning Province] Sixty Practitioners Transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp from Beijing
Practitioners were forced to write statements giving up Falun Gong and physically abused when they refused to do so.
8. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Dai Juan Arrested
At about 8 a.m. on July 26, 2008, police officers from the Weifang City 610 Office and State Security Division of the Kuiwen District Police Department broke into Ms. Dai Juan's home and seized Dafa books, photos of the founder of Falun Dafa, truth-clarifying materials, a television set, a printer, and a satellite TV antenna. Ms. Dai was arrested, and her whereabouts are unknown.
9. [Shenze County, Hebei Province] Ms. Shuang Liang and Mr. Jun Sheng Arrested
Ms. Shuang Liang and her husband Mr. Jun Sheng were searched on the way to their daughter's home in another province. Their MP3 player with Dafa materials was found, and they were arrested and taken back to Shenze County. At present, they are being detained in the Shenze County Detention Center.
10. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Ms. Wei Shuzhen and Ms. Li Yanmin
At about 9 a.m. on July 30, 2008, when Ms. Wei Shuzhen, Ms. Li Yanmin, and her granddaughter
went to a fair in Miutouya Town, they were taken away by six or seven unidentified men. Their present situation is unclear.
11. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Han Huiliang Arrested at about 9:00 a.m. on July 29, 2008.
12. [Zunhua City, Hebei Province] Ms. Cheng Yanshuang Arrested by Police Officers from the 610 Office
At about 10:30 p.m. on July 29, 2008, more than ten police officers from the Zunhua City 610 Office and Xindianzi Town Police Station and staff members from the Xindianzi Town Government broke into Ms. Cheng Yanshuang's home in Yingezhuang Village and searched it. They also arrested Ms. Cheng and her four-year-old daughter.
13. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Jingrong Arrested
Mr. Li Jingrong, from Baizhuang Village, Huangzhuang Town, was arrested on July 20, 2008. His home was searched, and he is being detained in the Sanhe City Detention Center.
14. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Yukui Taken to Baoding City Forced Labor Camp and Subjected to Abuse
15. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Cao Meiying and Ms. Cui Rong Arrested
At about 10 a.m. on July 29, 20008, Ms. Cao Meiying and Ms. Cui Rong were reported to police when they were promoting Falun Gong at the Mining Bureau. They were arrested by police officers from the No. 4 Branch of Mining District Police Department. Their homes were searched, and they are being detained in the Mining District Police Department in Datong City.
16. [Anyang City, Henan Province] Several Practitioners Arrested by Police Officers from the 610 Office and State Security Division
On July 28, 2008, when the Olympic Torch passed through Anyang City, police officers from the 610 Office and State Security Division arrested several practitioners, including Ms. Li Fuqin and Ms. Duan Yanlin. Ms. Li was taken to the Brainwashing Center in Endong Hotel and released on the morning of July 30, 2008. Another female practitioner was released at the same time. At present, Ms. Duan is being detained in the Anyang City Detention Center.
17. [Xuchang City, Henan Province] Ms. Yang Jianjun Suffers Further Abuse
Ms. Yang Jianjun was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. When her term was due,
instead of being released, she was transferred to the Linzhou City Detention Center and subjected to further abuse. She is still being detained.
18. [Guizhou Province] Ms. Wang Liangguo Arrested by Police Officers from Duyun City
Ms. Wang Liangguo, more than 60 years old, was followed and arrested by police officers from Duyun City. She is being detained in the Duyun City Detention Center.
19. [Jiange County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wang Lin Arrested
On July 30, 2008, Mr. Wang Lin was arrested by local police officers. He is now being detained in the Jiange Detention Center.
20. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Erjie and Ms. Huang Yi Arrested
At about 9 p.m. on July 29, 200, more than 20 police officers from the Guanghan City Police Department, State Security Division, and Police Station searched the homes of Ms. Li Erjie and Ms. Huang Yi, and they seized paper bills with truth-clarifying content printed on it.
21. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Jinlian Arrested
On the morning of July 27, 2008, Ms. Zhao Jinlian, from Yaojiafang Township, Gaoxin District, Zhangjiakou City was arrested by police officers from the local police station. Five or six officers beat her son and daughter and searched her home.
22. [Ruzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Tao Aixin Arrested
Ms. Tao Aixin, 55 years old, is a retired employee of the Ruzhou City Fertilizer Plant. At noon
on July 26, 2008, she was arrested at home by police officers from the State Security Division of the Ruzhou City Police Department.
23. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
At about 9:30 p.m. on July 24, 2008, police officers from the Laoyazhuang Town Police Station arrested eight practitioners: Ms. Jia Yuhua, Ms. Zhang Fuqin, Ms. Li Yulan, Ms. Yao Guilian, Mr. Feng Xiaodong, Mr. Liu Wanming, Ms. Yu Zhixian, and Ms. Wang Runlan. They are being detained in the Yubaodun Brainwashing Center and being subjected to abuse.
24. [Shanghai City] Mr. Zhang Yinda Arrested by Police Officers from Huangpu District Police Department on July 28, 2008
25. [Nanning City, Guangxi Province] Ms. Ran Guining and Mr. Yang Guocheng Arrested
On July 26, 2008, Ms. Ran Guining (55 years old) and Mr. Yang Guocheng (69 years old) from Tiebei No. 2 District were arrested while clarifying truth in Jiangxi Village. They are currently being detained in the Changgangling Detention Center.
26. [Chiping County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Shangrong from Wujiasuo Village Arrested by Police Officers from Guangping Township Police Station
27. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Sheng Hualian Arrested
Ms. Sheng Hualian, a retired employee from the North China Petroleum Bureau, was arrested by police officers from the Lvdongcun Police Station, Zhongyuan District. At present, she is detained in Zhongyuan District Detention Center and being subjected to abuse.
28. [Liangshan Prefecture, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Yingqiong and Ms. Zuo Yonghong Arrested
On July 24, 2008, Ms. Li Yingqiong and Ms. Zuo Yonghong were reported to police by
a CCP Secretary and security official at their workplace. They were arrested by police officers from the Liangshan Prefecture Police Department on the same night. They are still being detained to this day.