Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Yan Pengxiang Arrested and Sent to Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp

August 12, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yan Pengxiang is a farmer from Beimadian Village, Nanliyue Township, Quzhou County, Hebei Province. She was often ill in the past, but after she started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, her health improved, and has since been very good. Ms. Yan Pengxiang has a son and a daughter, and her whole family benefited from her practice.

After July 20, 1999, when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Dafa, Yan Pengxiang was repeatedly arrested, detained and fined.

In February 2000, CCP officials in Nanliyue Township arrested Yan Pengxiang and held her for weeks. Ms. Yan Pengxiang was released after being fined 2,500 yuan.

In 2001, Ms. Yan was arrested by police when posting truth-clarifying materials, and she was detained in the Quzhou County Detention Center. She conducted a hunger strike for several days and became extremely weak. The detention center authorities saw that she was in critical condition, so they let her family pick her up.

In July 2007, Ms. Yan was arrested again and sent to Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp for three years of forced labor. There she was tortured brutally until she was in critical condition. A physical examination showed that she had developed cancer. The labor camp was afraid to take responsibility and released her early. After Ms. Yan went home, through studying Falun Dafa and practicing the excises, her health recovered and she could work in the fields again. Faced with another round of harassment and persecution from the police however, she was forced to leave home.

On July 26, 2007, Ms. Yan and another eight practitioners were studying the Falun Gong teachings together. A group of police officers suddenly broke in and arrested them. Ms. Yan was again detained in Quzhou County, and she started another hunger strike. After police extorted 1,000 yuan from her family, they released her. The other eight practitioners also had to pay fines or go to forced labor camp.

At around midnight on July 4, 2008, more than ten plainclothes policemen entered Ms. Yan's home after climbing over a neighbor's fence. They broke down the door to her bedroom and forcibly took her away. Ms. Yan's 15-year-old son tried to stop them, but was beaten. The police detained Ms. Yan in Nanliyue Police Substation, and then held her in Quzhou County Detention Center. By the time her family heard about this, she had been sent to Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp.

Police Substation: 86-310-8750256
Director Zhang Jingqi of the police substation: 86-13931059326 (Cell), 86-13932031568 (Cell), 86-310-889184 (Home)