(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 41 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 58 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 74 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Xin Taken into Custody and Her Home Unlawfully Searched
On July 12, 2008, Ms. Wang Xin, in her 50's, was taken into police custody while she was out. That same night, police officers broke into her residence while she was handcuffed in an awaiting police, vehicle. Two copies of Zhuan Falun were confiscated.
At around the same time, former officers of the Chang'an Police Station forced Mr. Xu Zhihai's family of three to live away from their home, even though they had nowhere to stay. Ms. Wu was "unlawfully sentenced" to seven years in prison, separating her from her family.
A few days ago, police officers chased Ms. Chen Yumei, trying to arrest her. During the ordeal, Ms. Chen died (see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/7/19/99096.html).
Wang Naiqing, director of the Chang'an Police Station: 86-13842005586 (Cell)
2. [Gansu Province] Practitioners Brutally Tortured in Lanzhou Prison
For the past several months, Mr. Yang Yinghai, Mr. Chang Zubin, and Mr. Jiang have been beaten, handcuffed, and shackled while being held in solitary confinement. Another practitioner, Mr. Luo Xiufeng, was handcuffed to a utility pole from morning till dusk.
3. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Shurong Taken into Custody on July 12, 2008 and Being Held at the Zaohua Detention Center in Shenyang City
4. [Qian'an County, Jilin Province] Police Take Numerous Practitioners into Custody Under the Pretense of Stepping up Security Before the Olympic Games
On the evening of July 10, 2008, the Qian'an County Police Department illegally arrested numerous practitioners and held them at the Qian'an County Detention Center. Those arrested include Ms. Li Xia, Ms. Meng Yan, Ms. Yu Zhong Juan, Ms. Liu Shuzhen, Ms. Hua Guiyuan, Ms. Liu Guirong, Mr. Yang Baoqin, Mr. Zhao Wei, Mr. Wang Fengbo, Mr. Chen Dehuai, Mr. Wang Dechang, and Mr. Wang Xifeng.
5. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Haiying and Ms. Zhang Ping Being Held at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhang Haiying and Ms. Zhang Ping were arrested at home around 7:00 p.m. on July 10, 2008. Ding Hui and about a dozen other police officers from the Chengxi Police Station in Changchun City took their bank deposit books, personal computers, printers, and Dafa books. Both practitioners are being held at the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp.
Ding Hui (male), police officer: 86-15904406522 (Cell)
6. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wang Hongfeng Held at the Panjin Prison
7. [Heilongjiang Province] Update on Ms. Yu Xia, Mr. Wang Dianwen, and Ms. Zhang Shuling
In March 2004, retired worker at the Jiayin Farm Ms. Yu Xia, her husband Mr. Wang Dianwen, and fellow practitioners Mr. Che Limin and his wife were unlawfully sentenced to three and a half years in prison by the Jiayin County Court for distributing truth clarification materials. When Ms. Yu returned home on medical parole from the Heilongjiang Women's Prison in October 2005, she noticed that some of her retirement payments had been taken away by the CCP authorities. Mr. Wang was released from the Hulan District Prison in May 2006, and Mr. Che was released in November 2007. When they arrived home, both practitioners found out that they had lost their jobs.
On November 26, 2004, Ms. Zhang Shuling, a teacher at the Jiayin Farm, was sentenced to three years in prison for distributing truth clarification materials. When she was released from the Heilongjiang Women's Prison on December 30, 2007, she too had lost her job.
8. [Huanghua City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Zhaochen's Home Unlawfully Searched
At around 5:00 p.m. on July 12, 2008, officers from the Chengguan Police Station in Huanghua City broke into Mr. Li Zhaochen's home and confiscated Dafa books and some truth clarification materials.
9. [Gucheng County, Hebei Province] Ms. Yu Shuhua Taken into Custody
Ms. Yu Shuhua, in her fifties, is from Sanlang Township, Gucheng County, Hebei Province. For years now, she has been forced to stay away from her home due to police harassment. In the first week of July 2008, she was taken to the Dezhou City Detention Center for distributing truth clarification materials in Dezhou City, Hebei Province. She has been on a hunger strike since her arrest and is now poor physical health.
Li Zengjun (male), chief of the Gucheng County Police Department: 86-318-5320299 (Office), 86-318-83666888 (Home), 86-13393187999 (Cell)
10. [Beijing] Mr. Liu Jun Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor in the Tuwnhe Forced Labor Camp in the Daxing Area
11. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Han Guoquan and His Wife Ms. Niu Daling Arrested
On the evening of July 9, 2008, Mr. Han Guoquan and his wife Ms. Niu Daling, who live on South Yousheng Road in Zhengzhou City, were arrested by officers from the Chengguan Police Department in Zhengzhou City. After searching their home, they also arrested their nephew, who is not a practitioner.
12. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Du Huijie Subjected to Police Harassment
On July 12, 2008, Wu Lianrui and other officers from the Shimenzhai Police Station harassed Mr. Du Huijie at his home at Zhucaoying in Beihe Village of the Shimenzhai area. At around 4:30 p.m. on July 14, 2008, four police officers from the Zhucaoying Police Station searched Mr. Du's home. A few hours later, the police and village officials pressured Mr. Du's landlord to evict Mr. Du that same night.
13. [Sichuan Province] List of Additional Practitioners Unlawfully Held at Yangmahe Women's Prison in Jianyang City
Xiao Meizhi, Mao Linfang, Ning Hong, Zhang Hong, Wei Denghui, Huang Xiangling, Geng Guirong, Feng Renyu, Feng Jisheng, Yang Guifeng, He Biru, Xu Jiugui, Zheng Linhua, Yang Qinghua, Deng Zhihui, Xie Lin'e, Ye Rongqin, Li Renqing, and Liu Huiying.
14. [Guangdong Province] When Mr. Chen Kaiqu's Term Ended, Police in Shenzhen City Refused to Let His Father Take Him Home
15. [Urumqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Hou Jihong Arrested Again
Ms. Hou Jihong from Urumqi City is a retired acupuncture physician at the Chinese Medicine Section of the Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University. Early in April 2008, the police broke into her home at night and took her to the Shuimogou Women's Forced Labor Camp in Urumqi City. Due to Ms. Hou's extremely high blood pressure, she was released on medical parole a month later. Two weeks after her release, she was again arrested.
610 Office of the Communist Party Committee of Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region:86-991-2391711
610 Office of the Communist Party Committee of Urumqi City: 86-991-4689217
16. [Hebei Province] Practitioner from Wenling City Arrested in Shijiazhuang City
At 9:30 p.m. on July 10, 2008, twelve officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Wenling City Police Department, including Gu Shuqing of the Political and Judiciary Office of the Zeguo Town Police Station, arrested Mr. Ye Xinxiang, who had just returned home from visiting his family in Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province. Mr. Ye is being detained at the Zeguo Police Station.
Gu Shuqing (male), of the Political and Judiciary Office at the Zeguo Police Station: 86-13505869698 (Cell)
17. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Wenjun's Home Searched Again on July 12, 2008
18. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Lin Bin Arrested
Ms. Lin Bin works in the Finance Department of the Guangzhou Branch of the China Aerospace Technology Export Company. In early July 2008, she was arrested while distributing truth clarification materials.
19. [Cang County, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Lujun and His Wife Arrested--His Family Implicated
At around noon on July 12, 2008, officers from the Cang County Police Department arrested Mr. Liu Lujun and his wife Ms. Deng Juan at their home in Liuchang Village, Dachucun Township. As the police forced their way into the home, they choked the couple's child when he tried to block their way. They then viciously beat Mr. Liu and Ms. Deng and confiscated a computer and a satellite dish. The couple's current whereabouts are unknown.
At around 1:00 p.m. on July 12, a dozen or so officers, led by the chief of the Cang County Police Department, arrested Mr. Li Bing'an in Tian Village. Mr. Li's whereabouts are unknown. His father's home was also searched, with the police confiscating truth clarification materials and an MP3 player. The officers also ransacked the home of Mr. Li's younger brother, who is not a practitioner.
20. [Xingtai City, Hebei Province] Practitioners Forced to Leave Town after Police Searches
Li Kuan, director of the Sujiaying Township Police Station in Julu County, Xingtai City, led officers to arrest Mr. Zhang Dianliang. Mr. Zhang was released after the police extorted 10,000 yuan from him.
In July 2008, these same officers confiscated a photocopier, TV, and Dafa books from Ms. Zhang Shushuang's home. In a separate incident, the officers also confiscated Dafa books from Mr. Zhang Diankui's home.
Both Ms. Zhang Shushuang and Mr. Zhang Diankui managed to escape, but they now have to live out of town, with nowhere to stay. As a result of the police's actions, the elderly parents and children that were living at their homes were left unattended.
Li Kuan (male), director of the Sujiaying Township Police Station: 86-319-4351201
21. [Fucheng County, Hebei Province] Mr. Song Canzeng Harassed
Using the excuse of maintaining order during the upcoming Olympic Games, Matou Town officials in Fucheng County sent Li Peiheng to harass Mr. Song Canzeng at his home in Xiaogao Village on July 10, 2008.
22. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Han Shuyun Arrested--Her Daughter Implicated
At around 9:00 a.m. on July 14, 2008, Ms. Han Shuyun and her daughter were arrested at their home in Ningcheng County, Chifeng City by officers from the Ningcheng County Domestic Security Division and from the Tianyi Town Police Station. The police searched Ms. Han's home and confiscated her Dafa books. They also searched her daughter's home. Ms. Han and her daughter are being held at the Ningcheng County Detention Center.
Zhai Xiangyang (male), head of the Domestic Security Division: 86-13804769168 (Cell), 86-476-4221668
Yu Xiubin, director of the 610 Office: 86-13947640811 (Cell), 86-476-4230610, 86-476-5826238
Su Baojun (male), director of the Tianyi Town Police Station: 86-15947568511 (Cell), 86-476-4220693, 86-476-4233870
23. [Chongqing] Mr. Tan Xinghong Sentenced to Prison
Mr. Tan Xinghong from Yubei District, Chongqing has been sentenced to five-and-a-half years in prison after a closed trial. Mr. Tan remains in custody at the Yiwanshui Detention Center in Yubei District, Chongqing.
24. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wen Yuechao Held at Wanyaoshu Detention Center After Being Arrested on July 9, 2008
25. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Li Runchu Sentenced to One Year of Forced Labor
Ms. Li Runchu was arrested on May 14, 2008 for distributing truth clarification materials. On June 7, she was sentenced to forced labor without going through any legal procedures. On July 11, Ms. Li was taken to the Huadu Forced Labor Camp, where she is serving a one-year term.
26. [Quyang City, Hebei Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
On the evening of July 13, 2008, local production unit officials arrested Cai Qing and Zhang Liang from Beidonggu Village, Quyang County, while they were reading Dafa books in Zhang Liang's home. The practitioners were taken to the township government and then transferred to the county police department the following day.
Ren Zhifeng (male), head of the Quyang County Domestic Security Division: 86-13930898288 (Cell)
27. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Hu Shixin Forced to Leave Town; Several Other Practitioners Harassed by Police
On the morning of July 10, 2008, Zhao Changhui, an officer from the Dongsanli Police Station, arrived at Ms. Hu Shixin's husband's work unit in Dongsanli Village. While there, Zhao contacted Ms. Hu and tricked her into coming to her husband's work unit, where he arrested her. While her husband argued with Zhao, Ms. Hu managed to escape. On the afternoon of July 10, police officers went to Ms. Hu's home, hoping to find her there. To avoid further persecution, Ms. Hu must now stay out of town, with nowhere to live, leaving her 14-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son at home.
On July 9, Ms. Wang Yanhua and Ms. Zhang Huixiang in Yanjiashawu Village and Ms. Wang Bingxia in Wangjiashawu Village were harassed by officers from the Hujiazhuang Town Police Station.
On July 9, a female practitioner in the Sunjiazhuang area was harassed by officers from the Hujiazhuang Town Police Station. Her husband could not bear the police pressure and wanted to file for a divorce.
On July 9, Mr. Wang Weixian in Xiaoyin Village was harassed by officers from the Zhouyang Township Police Station.
On the morning of July 9, Mr. Wang Chuanjun from the Sujiazhuang area was harassed by officers from the Tuzhuang Township Police Department.
On July 9, seven practitioners in the Wangjiadazhuang area were forced to sign guarantee statements by the Tuzhuang township police officers.
Zhao Changhui (male), police officer: 86-13964678038 (Cell), 86-536-2582878
Dong Hongbo (male), director of the Hujiazhuang Police Station: 86-13906463461 (Cell), 86-536-2311630 (H)
28. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Huixin, Ms. Meng, and Ms. Guo Wenjun Taken to a Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Liu Huixin and Ms. Meng of the Passenger Division at the Shijiazhuang Railroad Department were arrested on July 4, 2008. Ms. Guo Wenjun was arrested on June 30. All three practitioners are serving forced labor terms at the Hebei Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Feng Kezhuang, director of the Hebei Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp: 86-311-83939177
29. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yao Haixia Taken to a Brainwashing Center
On the afternoon of July 4, 2008, Ms. Yao Haixia was arrested and held at the Shijiazhuang City Detention Center. On the morning of July 11, she was transferred to a brainwashing center, where she is being subjected to around-the-clock surveillance.
30. [Tonghe County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yu Wen, in His 70's, Arrested on July 12, 2008--Over 40 Falun Dafa Books Confiscated
31. [Dong'a County, Shandong Province] Ms. Chen Yuying Arrested
On July 11, 2008, Xu Wei, director of the Niudian Town Police Station in Dong'a County, and several officers went to Ms. Chen Yuying's home in Dashen Village, Niudian Town. They forced Ms. Chen's son to lead them to where Ms. Chen Yuying was and then arrested her. She is being held at the Dong'a County Police Department.
32. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Gao Kewen and His Wife Fu Huizhen Arrested
At around noon on July 11, 2008, Mr. Gao Kewen and his wife Ms. Fu Huizhen were arrested at their home in the Economic Development Zone in Weifang City. The police confiscated a computer, Dafa books, and a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong.
33. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Additional Information on Arrests of Numerous Practitioners
On June 20, 2008, a large number of police officers were dispatched to arrest practitioners.
Ms. Wang Xiuying (in her 60's), Ms. Zhang Xiuhong (in her 50's), Ms. Zhu Weiying (in her 50's), Ms. Ju Shufen (in her 50's) and Ms. Sun (in her 50's) were arrested after the police broke into their rented home. The police confiscated Dafa books, a printer, a computer, a DVD burner, and cash. Ms. Zhang Xiuhong's life was in danger after the brutal arrest, and she was taken to a hospital.
Ms. Pei Ling (in her 40's) was arrested at her rented home. The police confiscated Dafa books, a photocopier, and cash. A home owned by Ms. Pei and her son was also searched. The police confiscated a printer, a computer, and Dafa books.
The whereabouts of Ms. Li Guozhen (in her 50's) remain unknown.
34. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Liu Guihua, Mr. Liu Qiliang, Ms. Yao Shuzhen, and Mr. Lu Jiwen Sentenced to Prison
On January 25, 2008, Ms. Liu Guihua, Mr. Liu Qiliang, Ms. Yao Shuzhen, and Mr. Lu Jiwen from the No. 8511 Farm were arrested and held at the Detention Center of the Mudanjiang Farm Reclamation Administration.
On May 12, the Mudanjiang Farm Reclamation Administration Court sentenced Ms. Liu Guihua and Mr. Liu Qiliang to four years in prison and Ms. Yao Shuzhen and Mr. Lu Jiwen to three years in prison.
Lu Chunling, presiding judge: 86-467-5063000
Ren Yingwu, court official: 86-467-5061531
35. [Bin County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yao Chunlan Arrested--Police Extort 30,000 Yuan
On the morning of July 11, 2008, Ms. Yao Chunlan, who lives in Pingfang Township in Bin County, was riding a bus to work when the head of her village tricked her into getting off the bus.
She was then taken to Pingfang Police Station. Police officers immediately searched Ms. Yao's home and confiscated her Dafa books. Ms. Yao Chunlan is being held at the Bin County No. 2 Detention Center. When her family went to ask for Ms. Yao's release, the county police department and the Pingfang Police Station demanded 30,000 yuan in exchange for her release.
Wang Guicheng (male), head of the Domestic Security Division of the Bin County Police Department: 86-13796187366 (Cell), 86-451-57912835 (H)
36. [Hebei Province] Zhangjiakou Intermediate Court Upholds Seven Practitioners' Prison Terms
On July 9, 2008, defense attorneys for practitioners from Chicheng County, Zhangjiakou City were informed that the Zhangjiakou City Intermediate People's Court upheld the original sentencing for all seven practitioner, who had been held in custody for the past fourteen months.
Ms. Chan Haiyan and Ms. Lin Cuilian received five year prison terms. Mr. Zhao Bingheng, Ms. Wang Yufeng, and Ms. Wang Yuzhen received four year prison terms. Mr. Wang Yuhai received a three year term, and Ms. Guo Xiulin is serving a three year prison term with four years probation.
37. [Beijing] Mr. Ren Xu Arrested
At around 8:00 a.m. on June 30, 2008, eight or nine officers from the Yugang Police Station in Fengtai District and the Yongfeng Police Station in Xibeiwang Town in Haidian District; along with officers from the 610 Office, broke into Mr. Ren Xu's home and took him into custody. His wife had been forced to leave town earlier, with no place to live. Their 2-year-old boy was left unattended.
38. [Beijing] Ms. Zhang Xiufang Arrested
At noon on July 8, 2008, officers from the Domestic Security Division in Shunyi District, the 610 Office, and the local police station searched Ms. Zhang Xiufang's home in Shunyi District, Beijing, and took her into custody. Ms. Zhang was later taken to the Shunyi Detention Center.
39. [Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Xuefeng and Xiu Hui Arrested
Ms. Zhao Xuefeng and Ms. Xiu Hui are from Nanle County in northern Hebei Province. On the afternoon of July 10, they went to the countryside to clarify the truth, but were turned in to the police. They are being held at the Qingfeng Detention Center.
40. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Nie Fenghe Arrested
At around 11:00 a.m. on July 13, 2008, Ms. Nie Fenghe from the Da'anshe area in Xisanzhuang Township in Xinhua District, Shijiazhuang City was forcibly taken to the police station by officers of the Shangcheng Police Station in Xinhua District, Shijiazhuang City. Later that afternoon, she was transferred to a brainwashing center.
41. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Yaqin and Other Practitioners Arrested
On the afternoon of July 10, 2008, Ms. Zhang Yaqin from Xuanhua District, Zhangjiakou City had her home searched by officers of the Jianguo Street Police Station. She was arrested and is being held at the Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City.
On the morning of July 15, 2008, Ms. Shi Wulan and Ms. Liu Jihua, both from Yuanjiafang Village in Huai'an Town, Zhangjiakou City, were arrested by local police officers. They are being held at the Chaigoubao Detention Center. A non-practitioner, Mr. Yang Baoliang, was also arrested.
Jianguo Street Police Station: 86-313-3049155
42. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Ms. Pang Liya Arrested
On the morning of July 11, 2008, Ms. Pang Liya was working on her farm when Kang Ziye and other police officers arrested her and confiscated her Dafa books. Ms. Pang is being held in a detention center, where she has started a hunger strike. The police also harassed two other practitioners at their homes, but left without finding anything.
43. [Beijing] Mr. Li Xiongwei Has Been Missing Since May 2008; No One Has Heard Anything from Him
44. [Baishan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhao Junxian Harassed by Police on the Afternoon of July 8, 2008--Her Home Was Searched
45. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Qushan's Home Unlawfully Searched
On the afternoon of July 8, 2008, Wang Zhiqiang, director of the Qi Village Police Station in Shahe City, along with police officers, arrived at Mr. Zhang Qushan's home in Ximao Village, Shahe City. The officers confiscated a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong and some cash with truth clarification messages written on them.
46. [Longhua County, Hebei Province] Two More Practitioners Arrested
On May 29, 2008, officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Longhua County Police Department unlawfully searched Ms. Liu's home and took her into custody. Ms. Liu Guoxia is from Hanmaying Town in Longhua County.
On the evening of June 19, 2008, officers from the Domestic Security Division and the Hanjiadian Police Station took Mr. Guo Guisheng, from Sanchakou Village, Hanjiadian Township, Longhua County into custody. Mr. Guo is being held at the Longhua County Detention Center.
47. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Latest Information on Ms. Cui Xiuying
Ms. Cui Xiuying from the Nanpiao area in Huludao City was arrested by officers from the Sanjiazi Street Police Station in Nanpiao District. She is being held at the Jinzhou No. 1 Detention Center, where the guards have hung her up by her wrists for severe beatings. She has become emaciated from the physical abuse.
48. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yu Xiaoli Secretly Taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
On the morning of July 14, 2008, Ms. Yu Xiaoli, who lives in the Development Zone in Dalian City, was on her way to work when eight officers from the local Huanghai Road Police Station took her into custody and searched her home. Ms. Yu was held at the Huanghai Road Police Station until 5:30 a.m. on July 15, when police sent her to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
Li Changqing (male), from the Huanghai Road Police Station in the Development Zone, Dalian City: 86-411-88969552
Leng Shuzheng (male), from the Huanghai Road Police Station: 86-411-88969551
49. [Wangdu County, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
At noon on July 16, 2008, police officers searched Ms. Zhao Xi'ai's home in Taihezhuang Village, Zhanghanzhuang Township, Wangdu County. The officers took two Falun Gong exercise tapes, a set of Dafa DVDs, and some truth clarification materials. Ms. Zhao and two other female practitioners, Zhenzi and Xiaoxi'er, were taken to the Wangdu County Detention Center.
50. [Anguo City, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhao Suzhen Unlawfully Held in Custody for Over 20 Days
Liu Jiantao (male), director of the 610 Office: 86-13903228536 (Cell), 86-312-3552127 (Home)
51. [Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yang Yuzhen Arrested at Her Home at 4:30 p.m. on July 9, 2008
52. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yao Tiebin and Mr. Zhang Rongfeng's Homes Searched at Night Around July 14, 2008
53. [Laiyuan County, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Yan'e and Ms. Lin Yanxia Unlawfully Arrested
On the evening of July 11, 2008, Ms. Wang Yan'e and Ms. Lin Yanxia from Donglonghu Village in Laiyuan County went to Xizhuangpu Village to distribute Falun Gong materials. Villagers turned the two practitioners in to the Xiabeitou Township Police Station. Police later searched their homes. Both practitioners are being held at the Laiyuan County Detention Center.
54. [Chongqing] Ms. Zhang Xiaorong and Mr. Zhang Peisheng Arrested
At around 8:00 a.m. on July 15, 2008, officers from the Huangjaiya Police Station in Nan'an District, Chongqing broke into Ms. Zhang Xiaorong's home. They forcibly took her into custody, searched her home, and confiscated Dafa-related books and materials.
Officers from the Huangjiaya Police Station broke into Mr. Zhang Peisheng's home, took him into custody, and confiscated Dafa-related books and materials.
55. [Wu'an City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhao Shenxing and Mr. Yuan Shengli Arrested
On July 13, 2008, Mr. Zhao Shenxing, in his 60's, who lives on Beiguan Street in Chengguan Town, was arrested by officers from the Chengguan Police Station. Twice before, Mr. Zhao had served time in labor camps. Due to the severe abuse he experienced in one labor camp, he suffered a mental collapse.
On July 14, 2008, Mr. Yuan Shengli, in his 50's, who lives on Xiguan Street in Chengguan Town, was arrested by officers from the Chengguan Police Station. His mother, in her 70's, has been left at home unattended.
56. [Zhuolu County, Hebei Province] Ms. Meng Suli Arrested on the Afternoon of July 15, 2008
57. [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Jing Zhaowei and Two Other Practitioners from Jia Town, Guan County Unlawfully Taken to Liaocheng Detention Center