Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Mr. Li Yunbiao's Unjust Imprisonment in Beian City, Heilongjiang Province

July 07, 2008 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Li Yunbiao of Beian City, Heilongjiang Province started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution began, he was arrested, jailed, and tortured by the police from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) several times. In 2005 he was unlawfully sentenced to Beian Prison for an eight-year term. There has been no further news of his whereabouts since 2006.

After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, Mr. Li went to Beijing to petition the government authorities. He was arrested by the CCP police and unlawfully jailed at Suihua Forced Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province. There, he was brutally tortured and beaten, resulting in his suffering hydrocephalus and the loss of his front teeth. He was then transferred to the night watchman's guardhouse at one of the four sub-farms of the Changshuihe Farm. He protested many times through hunger strikes.

On a heavy snow night while the watchman was asleep, Mr. Li escaped. He was wearing light clothing, and hiked through a mountainous area to his brother's home in Daqing. The local Public Security Bureau received news of his escape, and the next day they sent a police officer to Daqing. Mr. Li was arrested again and put in solitary confinement at the local Public Security Bureau. The place was built like an iron cage and was very cold. The officer purposely opened the door for cold air to come in.

Mr. Li had been subjected to inhuman treatment, and he was thin and weak. A doctor indicated that he had pleurisy, liver-water, and tuberculosis. His chest, down to his stomach, was swollen like a pot. When they extracted what was underneath, they found water-like pus. The doctor concluded, "He will not live long. Tell his family to get ready for his funeral."

Mr. Li's sisters living in Dalian and Shanghai came to see and care for him, and all of his relatives were worried and angered that a good man such as he was persecuted to this degree. Due to his faith in Dafa, however, he recovered day by day, and after a few months he was able to take care of himself. There were many people in the hospital, and Mr. Li clarified the truth to them and saved sentient beings.

The police took turns watching Mr. Li day and night, and he was later kept captive in a room in the rear of the hospital. They locked his door and did not allow any contact with the outside. He realized that he was in a hopeless situation and that he should leave. A fellow practitioner found him and came up with a plan. On a Saturday he was able to escape with the help of the practitioner, and then continued his efforts to clarify the truth to sentient beings.

In 2002, police officers were checking every house in Beian. They found Mr. Li and unlawfully put him in Beian Prison. Later the local Public Security Bureau took him, and he protested again through a hunger strike. When he was about to die, they released him temporarily for medical treatment. His sister took him to Dalian, and after he recovered he went to Beijing to validate the Fa, clarify the truth, and save sentient beings.

In May 2005, Li Yunbiao returned to Beian and brought many copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. He worked with his hometown fellow practitioners on distributing the Nine Commentaries and helped people to do the "three withdrawals" (withdrawing from the Communist Party, the Communist Youth League, and the Young Pioneers). One day, while he was carrying a heavy load of the Nine Commentaries and other materials used to clarify the truth on his bicycle, he was intercepted by local police officers in Changshuihe and was arrested again. In August 2005, he was unlawfully sentenced to eight years in Beian Prison.

On October 11, 2006, the Clearwisdom website reported that Mr. Li, who was unlawfully imprisoned in Beian Prison of Heilongjiang Province, had been sent to the Beian Prison hospital due to ill health. As of the writing of this report, there has been no further news of Mr. Li.