Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Details of the Torture of Ms. Liu Fang (Dalian City, Liaoning Province)

July 31, 2008 |   By a practitioner from Dalian City

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Fang, a Falun Gong practitioner from the Development Zone of Dalian City, was arrested twice by the local 610 Office from 2005 to 2007. While she was detained, her home was searched, and she was force-fed and tortured. Below are details of the abuse and torture she has suffered.

Ms. Liu was a staff member of the trade union at Dalian City University. At the end of 2005, the deputy director of the trade union talked with her on behalf of the university. He asked her to give up her belief in Falun Dafa, otherwise her employment contract would not be extended. She immediately turned him down.

On April 14, 2006, while on the way to pick up her child from school, she clarified the truth about Falun Gong and was reported to the police. Officers from Huanghai Road Police Station in the Development Zone arrested her.

Xu Yungang, a police officer from the 610 Office, interrogated her at the station. In the middle of the night, she was taken to Yaojia Detention Center, where she was detained for 14 days. During this period, she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She was force-fed many times. As a result, she developed stomach hemorrhaging, kidney failure, and blood in her urine.

It was early spring. Twenty-two people were held in a cell 30 square meters in size. The air quality was not good, so the window was kept open. This made the cell even colder. Though the others wore thick cotton jackets, Ms. Liu had only thin clothes. Also, her family was forced to pay 200 yuan for a so-called "bedding fee", but she was never granted new bedding.

When she returned to her workplace on May 8, 2008, the director of the trade union notified her that her employment paperwork had been transfered to the Job Referral Service Center, and she was suspended. According to the university's policy, if the reason for suspension is unclear, the salary decreases, and if no office accepts her within two years, she will be dismissed.

During the time she was suspended, she appealed to the director of the university and to the Service Center frequently and asked to be assigned a job. Both of the people in charge asked her to promise never to mention anything about her beliefs at the workplace and never to attend any Falun Gong activities. Ms. Liu refused. The leader of the Service Center didn't assign her a job and repeated the CCP's lies against Falun Gong to her face.

Her ordeal has resulted in a financial loss of 40,000 yuan. Her mother started to become anxious and has gone into an emotionless state.

In the summer of 2007, when the Davos World Economic Forum was being held in Dalian City, Wei Hongfang from the trade union rang the doorbell of the building Ms. Liu was living in and asked to come in. But when Ms. Liu buzzed open the front door, a police officer and two other people came into the building instead. The group of three asked to enter Ms. Liu's living quarters, using the excuse of "registering her identity". Ms. Liu refused. After about a half-hour's deadlock, the three people left the building resentfully.

In November 2007, the authorities of Dalian City University notified her to come to the university. At the entrance of the community where she lives, she was arrested by Xu Yungang and police officers from Wanli Town Police Station. The officers searched her home again and looted her property, including three laptops worth about 10,000 yuan in total, 1000 yuan cash, one salary card worth 1000 yuan, and her handbag with a USB drive, a network card, and cash inside. After the illegal search, her home was in shambles.

The police officers took her to Wanli Town Police Station. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., they handcuffed her hands behind her back until they took her to the hospital for a check-up. After the handcuffs were taken off, her hands were severely swollen, and she had no feeling in her thumbs until several months later.

After the check-up, she was taken to Yaojia Detention Center for the second time and detained there for 37 days. She was barbarically force-fed many times with her hands handcuffed behind her back. The guards also coerced other detainees in the cell to help force-feed her. If they refused, the detainees would be punished. Ms. Liu refused to cooperate with them, so the thugs hit her in the face. Her face and lips ended up swollen and bleeding. To save the trouble of inserting the force-feeding tube again, they stuck the tube to her face with adhesive tape. After one full day, the tube was completely stained with blood. Her mouth and nose were also covered in blood. The guards pressured the detainees to abuse and beat Ms. Liu. A drug addict who was supposed to brush Ms. Liu's teeth shoved the toothbrush into her mouth, and splashed her face with cold water, soaking her all over. Keep in mind how cold this would make someone in November in Northern China.

Soon after, her family had nearly 40,000 yuan extorted from them. Her mother fell ill due to extreme depression and had to have an intravenous drip each day. Her father had had a stroke beforehand. With the additional anxiety and stress, his condition has aggravated and he has had to have an intravenous drip each day, too. Her young child is frightened and scared when he sees the police. With nobody to take care of him, he has suffered a lot. Her husband is also afraid. Due to the huge pressure, he has asked for a divorce many times. During this detention, the abuse has once again resulted in her spitting up blood and having blood in her urine .

We hope kind people around the world will clearly recognize the brutal, illegal, and inhuman treatment of Falun Gong practitioners and help to stop the persecution.

Phone numbers of those responsible at Dalian City University:

University office ( area code: 0411)
Director's office: 86-411-87403820
Deputy director: 86-411-87402130

Work Department of the CCP Committee in Dalian City University
Department chief: 86-411-87402193
Deputy chief: 86-411-87403688