Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Deng Yuqun and Deng Yulian, Two Sisters from Hunan Province, Passed Away Due to the Persecution

July 24, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Deng Yuqun, 47 years old, died on March 3, 2008, from hardships related to being forced to live homeless for three years. Her sister Deng Yulian was illegally sentenced to forced labor camp and suffered brutal persecution in Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou. She died on March 12, 2007, only 42 years old.

Ms. Deng Yuqun, a train attendant for the Changsha Railway Passenger Transportation System, started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Before beginning the practice, she had a work accident causing injury at the bridge of her nose, just a little bit below her eyes. After she returned home from the hospital, she experienced swelling, weakened vision and puffiness throughout her body. Even in warm weather, she had to wear a thick cotton-padded jacket and a hat and sunglasses. If her hands touched cool water, her nose would run and she could barely do any work. After practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Deng's physical condition improved seemingly miraculously, and her health returned to normal. She could read even in dim light and the scars on her face disappeared.

On November 30, 2004, Deng Yuqun and her younger sister Deng Yulian were illegally arrested by the Shaoshanchong local police when they were distributing truth-clarification materials. Deng Yuqun clarified the truth at the police station and told the officers about the miraculous transformation of her health that came about after practicing Falun Gong.

After Deng Yuqun left the police station, she was forced to become homeless in order to avoid further persecution.

Her younger sister Deng Yulian was illegally imprisoned for 20 days in the Qilipu Detention Center in Xiangtan, and then she was sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp for women in Zhuzhou. She suffered many forms of inhumane persecution methods and tortures, such as being prohibited from speaking and using the restroom, and being forced to sit on a tiny 5-inch-high backless stool continuously for over twenty hours, which severely injured her buttocks. She was forced to squat in a boiler room for several days in the heat of July. Afterwards she could barely walk, her vision became blurred and she lost her sense of taste. After returning home from the forced labor camp, Ms. Deng's physical condition remained critical and her muscles atrophied severely. She died on March 12, 2007.

During the three years of persecution, Deng Yuqun had a home in which she could not stay. The Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) community committee and local police force often harassed her family members, including her mother, sisters, brother, husband, and others. At the end of 2007, CCP personnel from the Changsha City Railroad General Company harassed her mother, who is over 70 years old.

When Deng Yuqun went home for the 2008 Lantern Festival, she was emaciated and barely recognizable. Her family members were afraid to send her to the hospital and tried to persuade her to tell the authorities that she had given up Falun Gong. As a result of the CCP's long-term persecution of Falun Gong, Deng Yuqun died on March 3, 2008.