(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 15 cities or counties in 5 provinces. In this report, 18 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 23 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Mr. Cao Jidong Subjected to Mistreatment
At about 9:00 a.m. on June 6, 2008, Liu Xiaolin (male), village official of Bancheng Village, Zhaogezhuang Town, Laishui County, with a group of local police officers, illegally searched Mr. Cao Jidong's home. At that time, only his mother and his daughter were at home, watching television. They took an MP3 player, all of their Dafa books and materials, a color television, a satellite receiver, DVDs, and his mother's mere 400 yuan cash. His mother, more than 70 years old, was illegally arrested. She was so frightened that she appeared ill. The police abandoned her when they were halfway to the place they were going to detain her.
It was reported that, throughout the county, Dafa books, truth-clarifying materials, photos, satellite receivers, radio, and artwork were seized.
Liu Xiaolin: 86-3124578237, 86-13400434848 (Cell)
Meng Fanmin: 86-3124578622
2. [Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Liang Hong of Shanxi Province Institute of Agricultural Science and His Wife Arrested on June 11, 2008
3. [Beijing] Female Practitioner Arrested
At about 10 a.m. on June 3, 2008, several police officers broke into a female practitioner's home in Building 23, Yulong No. 3 Community, Shunyi District. The practitioner refused to cooperate with the police officers and shouted, "Police officers are seizing me!" Afterwards, four police officers dragged her into a car and drove away.
4. [Beijing] Mr. Sun Hui of Shunyi District Arrested at Home by Officers from Guangming Police Station on June 10, 2008
Guangming Police Station: 86-10-81491110
5. [Qianan City, Hebei Province] Five Practitioners Brought to Court on May 11, 2008
6. [Haerbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Guoliang and His Wife, Ms. Wang Fenglan, Arrested on March 20, 2008, and Tortured
7. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Qiaoxi Police Station Officers Search Mr. Hu Zhige's Home on June 3, 2008
8. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Guye District Police Station Officers Search Ms. Peng Xiaofeng's Home, Claim They Are "Checking Residence Cards"
9. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Liansheng Arrested
Mr. Zhang Liansheng, staff member of the Railway Bureau in Mudanjiang City, was arrested by police officers of the Railway Police Department on June 12, 2008. His home was searched the same day. His notebook computer and printer were seized.
10. [Changchuan City, Jilin Province] Mr. Li Jingsong Sentenced to a Labor Camp
Mr. Li Jingsong, who was arrested in the Ouya Science and Technology Center, was sentenced to two years of forced labor to be served in the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City.
11. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Sixty-Year-Old Ms. Liu Arrested While Clarifying the Truth about Falun Dafa at the Beginning of June 2008; Her Whereabouts Unknown
12. [Yongji County, Jilin Province] Eight Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Xu Qiang and Ms. Wang Jing, who were arrested on March 5 and March 6, 2008 respectively, were each sentenced to one year of forced labor, to be served in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Wang Yanzhen, Ms, Zheng Qingzhi, Mr. Jiang Bo, and Ms. Hu Jing, who were arrested on April 25, 2008, were sentenced to labor terms as well
Ms. Jia Guirong and Ms. Zhang Chunshu, who were arrested on May 13, 2008, were respectively sentenced to one year and three months and one year of forced labor. They are being held in Xishan Detention Center.
Li Liansen (male), director of the Yongji County 610 Office: 86-432-4238100
(Office), 86-432-4856567 (Home), 86-13904441112 (Cell)
Duan Fengchen (male), deputy director: 86-432-4230130 (Home), 86-13804441789 (Cell)
13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Ms. Lu Huichun
Ms. Lu Huichun, 38 years old, works as an accountant. She lives in the Meteorology Instrument Plant's living quarters. She was arrested by police officers of the Luyuan District Police Department in the vicinity of the Vehicle Trading Center in Changchun City. The police brought a locksmith to her home to open her door. When this didn't work, they jumped into the yard, broke her window, and got into the room. They seized her computer and printer.
Ms. Lu and her sister are both practitioners. After July 20, 1999, they were detained for 15 days for their faith in Falun Gong. After that, police officers often dropped in to harass them. Under this huge amount of stress, Ms. Lu's father, mother, and sister all passed away.
Director of Luyuan District Police Department: 86-431-87613131
State Security Division: 86-431-87613114
14. [Beixi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Gao Shuzhi and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
On June 8, 2008, Ms. Gao Shuzhi and two other practitioners from Benxi City were arrested while they were distributing truth-clarifying materials about Falun Dafa. The three practitioners are all over 70 years old.
15. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Supplementary Information on the Detention of Ms. Kan Xiumei
At about 4 p.m. on June 7, 2008, Ms. Kan Xiumei was reported to police while she was distributing truth-clarifying material about Falun Dafa in Qingkelong Community. She was arrested by Chengfeng Police Department officers and taken to the Daqing City No. 1 Detention Center the same night. Ms. Kan held a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment. On June 13, 2008, she showed symptoms of hypertension. Authorities at the Chengfeng Police Department told her son to take her to the hospital. The doctors recommended hospitalization, but Ms. Kan refused. The police officers took her back to the detention center.
16. [Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province] Local 610 Office Arrests Seven Practitioners
On the afternoon of June 11, 2008, after officers of the Baoqing County 610 Office arrested Ms. Jiang, they arrested five more practitioners. One was arrested while he was walking outside. Police officers also seized computers, printers, CD burners, and paper, all worth a total of 100,000 yuan.
On the afternoon of June 12, 2008, Xie Yuntong (male), chief of the Political Security Section under the Baoqing County Police Department, and other police officers searched practitioners' homes. They also arrested another practitioner. As of now, seven practitioners have been arrested.
17. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Officers of Pingan Town Police Station Arrest Ms. Wang Yuqin and Her Family
On June 12, 2008, Pingan Town Police Station officers arrested local practitioner Ms. Wang Yuqin, her husband, Mr. Liu Qingshan, and their son. Their son was later released.
18. [Longjing City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ji Jinyu Missing
Ms. Ji Jinyu, a practitioner from Longjing City, has been missing since the afternoon of June 12, 2008. Her daughter returned home the next day and found the home ransacked and everything in a mess. At present, her whereabouts are unclear.
19. [Beijing City] Ms. Zhang Huaichun Arrested
Ms. Zhang Huaichun, 58 years old, lives in the No. 2 Courtyard of the Aeronautics Bureau residential area. At about 8 p.m. on June 11, 2008, five or six plainclothes police officers, who claimed to be from Yongding Road Police Station, suddenly broke into Ms. Zhang's home and searched it. They seized two notebook computers, several printers, a CD burner, Dafa books, printing paper, as well as photos and Falun badges. She is now in the Yongding Road Detention Center.
20. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Supplementary Information on the Persecution of Mr. Zhang Haiou and Mr. Zhang Haibo
On January 24, 2008, Mr. Zhang Haibo, 28 years old, and his brother Mr. Zhang Haiou, who are from Magezhuang Village, Yesanpo Town, Laishui County, went to Beijing to find work. They were arrested by police officers in Beijing and held in a detention center. Afterwards, employees of the Yesanpo Town Government and local police officers searched their home.
On April 1, 2008, they were transferred to Baimiao Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. Their father was sentenced to a labor camp before for refusing to give up his belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." He returned home in 2004. He left home again to make a living. Only their mother is left, at home in despair, expecting her sons to come back.
June 13, 2008