(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 36 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 15 practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during their detention and at least 32 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody
On May 8, 2008, the police staked out practitioners' group Fa-study site in the Erqiao area in Guiyang City. Several practitioners have been taken into custody.
On May 7, a practitioner (gender unknown) in the Erqiao area was taken into custody. The practitioner shouted "Falun Dafa is great!" At noon on May 8, three practitioners were taken into police custody at the Erqiao Grocery Market.
2. [Guizhou Province] Ms. Ling Ning Taken into Custody
3. [Shaanxi Province] Falun Gong Materials Production Site Sabotaged in Baoji City
Late April 2008, a Falun Gong materials production site was sabotaged. Truth-clarification materials were confiscated. The whereabouts of the practitioners are unknown.
It has been learned that a male practitioner has been held at the Baoji Electric Power Company's Guest House. In addition, some practitioners are being held at the Fenghuang Guest House.
Division No. 1 of Baoji City Police Department (dedicated to the persecution of Falun Gong): 86-917-3658310
Electric Power Company's Guest House in Baoji City: 86-917-3821566
Fenghuang Guest House in Baoji City: 86-917-3398951
4. [Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Jiao Shifang Sentenced to Forced Labor; Her Husband Left at Home Unattended after Having a Stroke
Ms. Jiao Shifang, a practitioner in Cuiluan District, Yichun City, was turned in to the police for clarifying the truth. On March 1, 2008, personnel with the 610 Office and local police station illegally arrested her and sentenced her to 18 months of forced labor. Her husband, who has not fully recovered from a stroke, is left at home unattended.
5. [Yichang City, Hubei Province] Three Gorges University Administrators Persecute Teachers and Staff
Officials at the Three Gorges University, which is located in Yichang City, have engaged in the persecution of practitioners among its teachers and staff. The officials have helped the Yichang City 610 Office send practitioners to a brainwashing facility in the Hubei Province Legal Education Center. The website of the security division at the university still contains content that attacks Falun Gong.
6. [Shandong Province] Pingdu City 610 Office and Police Department Officials Use the Upcoming Beijing Olympics to Justify Setting up Checkpoints
Pingdu City 610 Office personnel and Pingdu City police have used the upcoming Beijing Olympics as an excuse to set up checkpoints at freeway ramps and in the Mingcun area. The police opened passengers' bags for unlawful searches. The police also searched practitioners' homes. The day before yesterday, a practitioner was taken into custody.
7. [Bayan County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Jiang Zhi Taken into Custody by Fujiang Township Police Station
Liu Yanhong (male), director of the Fujiang Township Police Station: 86-451-57566110 (Office), 86-451-57525163 (Home), 86-13936357123 (Cell)
8. [Jingyu County, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Xuezhu Taken into Custody
On April 24, 2008, Mr. Wang Xuezhu was taken into custody. The police searched his home, confiscated two computers, two printers, a television set, a DVD player, three satellite dishes, and over 1,000 yuan in cash. Mr. Wang is being held at the Jingyu County Detention Center.
Zhu Jianping (male), chief of the Jingyu County Police Department: 86-13904491668 (Cell)
Sun Hongqing (male), head of the Domestic Security Division of Jingyu County Police Department: 86-13843974444 (Cell)
Wu Wei (male), director of the 610 Office: 86-15943960013 (Cell)
9. [Huanggang City, Hubei Province] Ms. Yan Mingxia Forced to Leave Town
On the afternoon of May 6, 2008, a dozen police officers broke into the Zhuge Liang Bookstore at the Longganhu General Factory in order to capture Ms. Yang Mingxia. Ms. Yan managed to escape and has been forced to become homeless. Her whereabouts is unknown.
10. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Linjiang Police Station Officers Harass Practitioners
On April 22, 2008, police officers from the Linjiang Police Station in Jilin City called Ms. Wang Yin to harass her and ordered her to go to the police station after ten minutes. In mid-April, an officer with the surname Bai from the Huangqitun Police Station went to Ms. Ma Fang's home to harass her.
11. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Song and Mr. Zuo Gang Taken into Custody on the Morning of May 9, 2008; Their Homes Searched
12. [Xinmin City, Liaoning Province] Police Officer in Hongqi Township's Unlawful Acts Exposed
Fan Er, a police officer in Hongqi Township, has actively engaged in the persecution since July 1999. He participated in taking practitioners into custody, searching their homes, extorting cash, and otherwise harassing and intimidating practitioners. Early in April 2008, he broke into practitioners' homes again to take Falun Dafa books, portraits of the founder of Falun Gong, satellite antennae, and other items.
13. [Fuyu County, Jilin Province] The Police Arrest Over Thirty Practitioner Using the Olympics as an Excuse
Since April 25, 2008, the Fuyu County Police Department have taken into custody over 30 practitioners in the county using the upcoming Beijing Olympics as an excuse.
14. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Information on Two Practitioners Missing in Xiangfang District
On April 30, 2008, two practitioners went missing in Xiangfang District: Ms. Wang Yan and a practitioner with the surname Han. They are both in their 40s.
15. [Yanbin City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yang Suhong Taken into Custody in Her Rented Home by Local Police; Her Home Searched
16. [Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners in Daqing No. 6 Oil Production Factory Taken into Custody
On May 4, 2008, the Lamadian Police Department took into custody Ms. Han Lihua, Mr. Li Zikuan and his wife, Ms. Tian, and Ms. Wang Guiyun in the Daqing No. 6 Oil Production Factory. Ms. Wang Guiyun was released at 10:00 p.m. the same night.
Ms. Tian and Mr. Li Zikuan and his wife were taken to the Dulitun Detention Center at 5:00 p.m. on May 7. Ms. Han Lihua's situation is not clear. The police also searched Ms. Han and Mr. Li's homes.
17. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Sifeng Taken into Custody
On the morning of May 7, 2008, the Jianqiao Street 610 Office in Hanyang District took into custody Mr. Zhang Sifeng while he was at work in the Huayuan Electric Group Company. Mr. Zhang was taken to a brainwashing center.
Mr. Zhang Sifeng was sentenced to one year of forced labor in 2007. He was held at the Hanyang District Brainwashing Center for a month after his forced labor term ended. Mr. Zhang returned home on January 8, 2008. The Jianqiao Street 610 Office sent out people to keep an eye on his home, and he was followed. These people reported to the Jianqiao Street 610 Office when Mr. Zhang went out and when he returned home from work. Members of the 610 Office also showed up at his home to harass him several times.
18. [Maoming City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Zhou Shenghuan Taken into Custody
Mr. Zhou Shenghua, a mathematics teacher for an advanced class at the Gaozhou No. 2 Middle School in Maoming City, had been targeted for police surveillance since 1999. On April 29, 2008, the police deceived him and forced their way into his home. The officers took him into custody after finding Falun Dafa materials. Mr. Zhou is being held at the Gaozhou Detention Center. Other practitioners are also held there. According to his wife, Mr. Zhou had been beaten in the detention center.
19. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zeng Chun'e Taken into Custody
Ms. Zeng Chun'e is a retired employee from Hongqi Plaza on Siqian Street in Chengbei District, Hengyang City. She was turned in to the police while clarifying the truth in the countryside near Da'an Township, Hengyang County. On April 27, 2008, officers from the Da'an Township Police Station in Hengyang County took her to the Hengyang County Detention Center. Ms. Zeng remains in custody.
20. [Huaiyang County, Henan Province] Mr. Zheng Xianjin Taken into Custody
Mr. Zheng Xianjin from Sisuolou Village in Lutai Township, Huaiyang County, works odd jobs in Xiangcheng City. On the morning of May 5, 2008, the police took him into custody while pretending to examine his residential ID card. On May 6, the police searched his home. Mr. Zheng has been taken to the Huaiyang Detention Center.
21. [Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Minghui Faces Prison Term
On May 9, 2008, Mr. Zhang Minghui's family reported that Mr. Zhang is facing an unlawful prison term of between three and five years.
Yu Hongjun (male), head of the Domestic Security Division of the Jidong County Police Department: 86-13945854586 (Cell), 86-467-5591801
Wu Guangzhi (male), head of the Legal Section:86-13946881394 (Cell), 86-467-5588931
Sun Zuo'en (male): 86-13796923123 (Cell), 86-467-6125567
22. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Wei Juan Taken into Custody at Fupin Market in Changchun City on May 6, 2008
23. [Huazhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Yan Yakun Taken into Custody
Ms. Yan Yakun, in her 40s, was taken into custody by the Huazhou City police and held at the Maoming Legal School for brainwashing for over two years, from 2001 through 2003. As a result, Ms. Yan lost her job and her family has experienced financial difficulties. On the morning of May 8, 2008, a dozen people from the Huazhou City 610 Office, the Political and Judiciary Committee, the local police station, and the neighborhood administration office took her to the Maoming City Brainwashing Center. Her family has also been harassed.
24. [You County, Hunan Province] Mr. Su Niansong Taken into Custody
Mr. Su Niansong was turned in to the police while distributing truth clarification materials in Liantang'ao Township. You County police took him into custody.
Chief of the You County Police Department: 86-733-4224699
Wang Guosheng (male), deputy chief of the police department involved in the persecution: 86-733-4259272, 86-13973305398 (Cell), 86-733-4236233
Hu Weimin (male), head of the Domestic Security Division: 86-733-4228829, 86-13337336869 (Cell), 86-733-4228967
25. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Follow-Up Report on Mr. Xu Changzhi
On the evening of December 9, 2007, Mr. Xu Changzhi, a practitioner in Yiyuan County, Zibo City, was taken into police custody while posting truth-clarification content. After being held at the Yiyuan County Detention Center for four months, Mr. Xu was unlawfully sentenced to four years in prison at the end of April 2008.
26. [Xinyi City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Sun Jinghao Remains in Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Sun Jinghao, a practitioner in Xinyi City, was unlawfully taken to the Yancheng Forced Labor Camp on September 22, 2007. He has remained in the labor camp since then.
27. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yang Yilan and Others Taken into Custody
On the morning of May 9, 2008, Ms. Yang Yilan and her sister-in-law, both practitioners in Xuanhua District, Zhangjiaokou City, accompanied practitioner Ms. Zheng Yumei's husband to the Shichang Police Station to demand Ms. Zheng' s release. They were taken into custody by the police. At 4:30 p.m. on May 9, they were still in a cell in the Shichang Police Station.
28. [Beijing] Mr. Huo Yanguang on Hunger Strike in Chaoyang Police Department
Mr. Huo Yanguang went to Beijing No. 2 Foreign Language Institute to distribute DVDs of the Chinese New Year Spectacular. He was taken to the Chaoyang Police Department. The police tried to find the source of the DVDs. Mr. Huo refused to provide information and went on hunger strike. His family went to visit him several times. They were denied admission. The clothes they brought for Mr. Huo were not accepted by the officials.
When Mr. Huo Yanguang went to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa in 2005, he was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Labor camp guards Liu Guoxi, Wei Guoping, and Guo Jinhe (all male) force-fed him urine and unknown drugs. Mr. Yan was also tied up for a long period of time. In 2006, his life was in imminent danger and he was released on medical parole. He was unlawfully expelled by the Chinese Academy of Science Graduate School.
29. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Ms. Lin Xiumei Taken at Her Home by Zhuangyuan Police Station on the Morning of May 8, 2008
30. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhan Youlian Taken into Custody at Her Home
Ms. Zhan Youlian is a practitioner in Yongxiu County, Jiujiang City. She was taken into custody by the Yongxiu County Domestic Security Division. Another practitioner, practitioner Mr. Li Zhenglin's daughter, was taken into custody at the same time.
31. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Additional Information on Mr. Liu Zhiyi and Other Practitioners Taken into Custody
At around 9:00 p.m. on April 28, 2008, Li Ming, head of the Domestic Security Division of the Xunyang Police Department in Jiujiang City; Kong Jiang (male); and other officers went to Ms. Bai Hongzhen's home at the dormitories of the Provincial No. 2 Construction Company in Jiujiang City. Mr. Liu Yizhi and another practitioner were also taken into custody with Ms. Bai.
At 8:00 a.m. on April 29, Wang Yonggen (male), head of the security section at the Provincial No. 2 Construction Company, and Ma Daorong (male) found Mr. Liu Yizhi's motorcycle in practitioner Mr. Zhu Shengli's rented home's yard. The two security officials broke into Mr. Zhu's home and found a computer and printer. They immediately called in the police. The police took into custody Mr. Zhu's wife, Ms. Wan Cuilan, who was home alone. The police searched the place and took a computer, printer, paper cutter, laminating machine, printer toner, blank DVDs, Falun Dafa books, and DVDs of Fa-lectures. They even took a residential book.
Ms. Wan's son and brother-in-law went to the Domestic Security Division of the Xunyang Police Department to demand Ms. Wan's release. They argued that Ms. Wan was not a practitioner, and there was no reason to hold her in custody. The police refused to release her. They did not even reveal where Ms. Wan was being held. It was later reported that Ms. Wan was held at the Jiujiang County Detention Center.
Wang Yonggen (male), head of the security section of the Provincial No. 2 Construction Company:86-13007257663 (Cell)
Kong Jiang (male), officer who participated in taking Ms. Wan to the detention center: 86-13507926645 (Cell), 86-792-8587996
32. [Pingdingshan City, Henan Province] Ms. Li Chunzhi Taken into Custody by Luoyang Railroad Department
Ms. Li Chunzhi, a practitioner in Pingdingshan City, was taken into custody by the Luoyang Railroad Department while she was clarifying the truth on a train. Ms. Li is being held at the Railroad Department Detention Center at No. 28 Jiajigou, Luoyang City.
33. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Plainclothes Police Officers Stake Practitioners Out at Ouya Science and Technology Plaza
Plainclothes police officers staked out practitioners on the ninth floor at the Ouya Science and Technology Plaza in Changchun City by sitting at the printer repair counter. Afterwards, three plainclothes officers followed them downstairs. In the past two weeks, a dozen practitioners have been taken into custody.
34. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cao Guilan Taken into Custody
Ms. Cao Guilan, in her 40s, was turned in to the authorities on May 6, 2008. Officers from the Nanguan Police Station took her into custody. Ms. Cao is being held at the Gaomi City Detention Center.
Wang Chuanpu (male), head of the Domestic Security Anti-Cult Division: 86-13963606738 (Cell), 86-536-2331223
Mao Xiaohu (male), head of the Domestic Security Team: 86-13791610966 (Cell)
Shan Zhenzhong (male), head of the Domestic Security Anti-Cult Team: 86-13964615157 (Cell), 86-536-2679797
35. [Guizhou Province] Several Practitioners Taken into Custody as Police Monitor Several Fa-Study Sites
36. [Leihe City, Henan Province] Ms. Si Xiulan Unlawfully Detained and Taken to Brainwashing Center
At 9:00 a.m. on April 10, 2008, Ma Xiaojun, director of the Wanjin Town Police Station, and members of the Zhaoling District 610 Office in Leihe City unlawfully searched Ms. Si Xiulan's home in Xiazhuang Village, Wanjin Town. At 2:00 p.m. the same afternoon, eight police officers led by Ma Xiaojun searched Ms. Ma's home again and took her into custody. Ms. Ma was detained for 15 days. The police then searched her home a third time. On the morning of May 8, she was transferred to the Zhaoling District Brainwashing Center.
Ma Xiaojun (male), director of the Wanjin Police Station: 86-13783077079 (Cell)
Wang Zhengqi (male), head of the Armed Department: 86-13783066216 (Cell)
37. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Bin Taken into Custody at Noon on May 9, 2008; Computer Confiscated
38. [Mei County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Fan Huihai, Mr. Ye Wenxin, and Mr. Zhu Xiansheng Taken into Custody on the Evening of May 7, 2008
39. [Shanghai] Mr. Wang Quandi on Hunger Strike
Mr. Wang Jindi, a practitioner in Hongkou District, was taken into custody by the Baoshan District 610 Office in Shanghai in early November 2007. He remains in custody at the Hongkou Detention Center. He is emaciated after holding a hunger strike for several days, starting March 16.
40. [Zhongshan City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Huang Yuhua Taken into Custody at Home on May 2, 2008
41. [Jingmen City, Hubei Province] Additional Information on Mr. Pei Hong, in Custody
Mr. Pei Hong, a practitioner in Jingmen City, has been held at the No. 1 Lodge of the Jingmen Petro-Chemical Factory. His health is poor. Other practitioners are possibly held there as well.