Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zhou Ning from Jinan City Detained at Jining City Detention Center

April 24, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On September 12, 2007, Falun Gong Mr. Zhou Ning from Jinan City, Shandong Province was illegally arrested in Jining City, Shandong Province. He has been detained at the Jining City Detention Center ever since.

At 6:00 a.m. on September 12, 2007, Guo Hongtao (male, responsible for the death of practitioner Mr. Wang Chan), and his fellow officers from the Jining City Police Department, as well as agents from the 610 Office, broke into an apartment in Hanxi Village, Middle District, Jining City. They arrested Mr. Zhou Ning, his wife, his one-year-old son, and four visitors - practitioners from another city. It has been verified that the operation was under the direct command of Jining City Police Department's Director Xu Shijie (male) and the city's Secretary General. The officers acted cruelly and violently during the operation.

The officers entered Mr. Ning's home using a key. Mr. Zhou Ning only had time to say, "What are you doing?" before an officer put him in a choke-hold and several others started beating him. Once he was beaten down to the ground, the officers held his arms and stomped on his legs while another officer repeatedly kicked his lower back. Mr. Zhou was immediately injured. He was in such pain he could not move. After that, the officers handcuffed Mr. Zhou's hands behind his back, covered his head with a cloth sack, and forced him into a police car. During the trip out to the police car, Mr. Zhou cried out, "Falun Dafa is good." Afraid that Mr. Zhou would clarify the truth to the onlookers, the officers fiercely raised up his arms which were handcuffed behind his back and grabbed him by the throat to stop him from speaking.

The officers also seized Mr. Zhou's laptop, digital camera, camera, and about 15,000 yuan in cash.

The officers took Mr. Zhou Ning to the Nanxinzhuang Police Station in Jining City. They handcuffed him to an iron chair (1), shackled his feet to it, and continually interrogated him. Mr. Zhou refused to answer any of their questions. He was taken to the Jining City Detention Center that night and has been detained there since then.

Mr. Zhou Ning went on a hunger strike to protest his arrest. He was taken to the Jining Medical School Affiliated Hospital to be force-fed. Wearing handcuffs and shackles, Mr. Zhou clarified the truth loudly to bystanders in the hospital and said "Falun Dafa is good." Many were shocked by the scene.

Mr. Zhou Ning has not cooperated with the persecution since being detained. He still suffers from his lower back injury that the police inflicted. Several fingers on his right hand are becoming numb. Mr. Zhou has not returned home in the past eight years to avoid being arrested, but has never given up his faith. He is detained at the Jining City Detention Center and will face trial soon. The case involves Jining City Middle District Police Department, Middle District Procuratorate, and Middle District Court.

(1) The iron chair is a torture device made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chair with both arms and legs tied for long periods of time. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html.