Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Three Practitioners Die As a Result of Persecution

April 12, 2008 |  


Farmer Gong Zhaotao Dies in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Gong Zhaotao, in his 50s, was a farmer who lived in Chahe Village, Shuidao Town, Yantai City, Shandong Province. He was arrested in October 2007 while clarifying the truth outdoors and was sentenced to one year of forced labor. He was held in the notorious Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. At the end of March 2008, camp officials notified his family that he had died. The details are yet to be investigated.

The camp officials are trying to cover up the crime, telling people that Mr. Gong died of a heart attack. His body has not been cremated, and only his 18-year-old son and mentally ill wife are allowed to see his body.

Ms. Miao Xiaolu Dies in Heilongjiang Province

Ms. Miao Xiaolu lived in Angangxi District, Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. She was arrested on December 28, 2001, and sentenced to five years in prison. She was held in Harbin City Women's Prison beginning on August 16, 2002. Prison life damaged her mind and body, she was bailed out on a medical parole in November 2006. She died on March 11, 2008.

Ms. Yang Xianfeng Dies under Persecution

Ms. Yang Xianfeng 53, lived in Shashi District, Jinzhou City, Hubei Province. She was arrested again by 610 Office agents around February 20, 2008, and sent to the Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center in Wuhan City for 40 days. The severe mental trauma caused her old injuries recur. She died at 7 a.m. on April 3, 2008.

Ms. Yang began cultivating Falun Dafa in 1997. She went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa, was detained, and had money extorted from her. She was arrested the second time in 2001 while distributing truth clarifying materials. Police officers Liu Juhua (male), Li Zhenggang (male), Guo Minwen (male), Xu Zhonglin, and others beat her brutally in an underground park facility, severely injuring her mentally and physically. She was sentenced to four years in prison after being detained for 10 months. In 2006, after enduring repeated torture, she was released from prison.