Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ten Deaths from Torture Confirmed in February 2008

March 18, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) It has been confirmed that prior to and during February 2008, ten Falun Dafa practitioners died from torture. Three were women, and eight over 50 years old. Three were tortured to death between August and December 2007, and seven died during February. Since the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong began, 3,137 practitioners' deaths from persecution, torture and constant harassment, have been confirmed in China. Every possible means has been used to hide the truth of the persecution, so the exposed death cases are just the tip of the iceberg.

Since it began on July 20, 1999, the CCP regime and Jiang Zemin's brutal and systemic persecution of Falun Gong practitioners has never stopped. Analysts have pointed out that since the beginning of the CCP's political and dictatorial regime, each time a victim was suppressed, (whether an individual or a group), the whole process would be over in a matter of weeks or months. For the persecution of Falun Gong, the CCP gathered up the most base actions ever known in human history--whether ancient or modern, Chinese or foreign--and employed all of them. But Falun Gong didn't succumb to the repression, and has spread more widely around the world. More and more people have stepped out to support practitioners and stop the CCP's persecution. This persecution of a righteous belief may have already sealed the fate of the CCP itself and may lead to its demise. The CCP has started new waves of persecution again and again, each time calling them by a different name. They tried to maintain the persecution, causing more people to be deceived while covering their crimes. The Beijing Olympic Games are nearly here, and the CCP has used the excuse of having a successful Olympic Games to start another new wave of brutal persecution, calling it a "hard strike."

Recently many Falun Gong practitioners have been illegally searched, arrested and jailed in Beijing, Shanghai, Liaoning Province, Heilongjiang Province, Hebei Province, Jilin Province, Sichuan Province, Chongqing City, Qingdao City, Jinzhou City and many other cities. According to incomplete statistics, in Beijing alone hundreds of practitioners have been arrested recently and brutally beaten for no reason. Many were arrested at home or work and illegally sentenced to forced labor for eight months (which is just when the Olympic Games finish). Even family members and colleagues are implicated and arrested or detained. Cases of death and severe injuries due to persecution are occurring frequently all around China. The CCP's evil actions have already made the Beijing Olympic Games the true "Bloody Olympic Games."

Death cases which were confirmed in February 2008 happened among the following provinces and cities: three in Heilongjiang Province, two in Hebei Province and Chongqing City respectively, and one each in Liaoning Province, Shandong Province and Shanxi Province.

Two Falun Gong Practitioners Die as a Result of Torture During February in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province

1. Mr. Yi Fuquan, 45, from Yanhe Village, Jincheng Township in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, died on February 23, 2008, after years of constant harassment and torture


Yi Fuquan suffered many prison terms, detainments and tortures after the start of the persecution of Falun Gong and was sentenced to one year of forced labor because he went to Beijing to appeal. On August 19, 2001, he was arrested at the bus station because police found Falun Dafa books and flyers in his possession. He was illegally sentenced to six years in prison by the Shuangcheng City Court. His fifteen year-old daughter had to leave school to help support the family. He was first detained in the Harbin City Third Prison and was then transferred to the Tailai Prison on July 1, 2004.

On July 10, 2004, the Reform Office leader Jiang Haitao (male) and guard Liu (male, given name unknown) spoke with Mr. Yi and tried to force him to give up cultivating Falun Gong. Mr. Yi absolutely refused. They saw that he would not succumb to brainwashing, so they had prisoners put 35 pound ankle shackles on him and forced him to stand out under the burning sun. Guard Yu Hongtao (male) directed prisoners Zhang Liantao and Wang Wenzhong (both male) to force Mr. Yi to walk rapidly with the shackles. If Mr. Yi did not walk fast enough, Zhang Liantao kicked him very hard. Mr. Yi was out of breath, and his ankles were bleeding. These guards and prisoners also put him on the "big hang up" (1) which caused his arms to lose sensation.

The Tailai Prison guards had already created a way to torture Falun Gong practitioners. They forced the practitioner to lie on the floor and cuffed his four limbs so that they were stretched on a metal structure under the baking sun, and refused to give him a drink . The guards used this method to torture Mr. Yi Fuquan. After a while, they ordered the prisoners to turn Mr. Yi upside down and put three bricks under his feet, elevating his legs over his head for a long while.

Guards tried to force Mr. Yi to write the guarantee statement, promising to quit practicing Falun Gong, by using all kinds of brutal tortures including cuffing his hands onto a rod and hanging him up. But he refused. Guard Yu Hongtao then hit him with a rubber baton. Prisoners Qu Hongyu and Yu Hongtao twisted Mr. Yi's arms backwards. Another guard Li Yongzhe (male) hit Mr. Yi's face, resulting in bleeding from his nose and mouth.

Due to this long term brutal mistreatment, Mr. Yi began to suffer muscle atrophy in his left hand, and his health deteriorated after September 2005. He could not take care of himself, and he was paralyzed and bedridden. He was starving and thirsty all the time since he had to wait until other prisoners could feed him food or water. His family repeatedly asked for medical treatment after learning of his situation, but the prison administration delayed it for a long time. It was not until Mr. Yi was in critical condition that the prison agreed to release him on August 8, 2007. He suffered in pain for another six months, dying on February 13, 2008, at the age of 45.


(1) "Big hang up": There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames. (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled.

2. Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Quanguo, 50, from Qiansanjiazi Village, Handian Town in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, was tortured and died on February 16, 2008.



Mr. Liu previously suffered from severe liver disease and could not work. After beginning to practice Falun Dafa in 1996, all of his illnesses disappeared. He went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa after the persecution began. As a result, he was detained for six months in the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. Agent Liu Chunyang from the 610 Office interrogated him repeatedly and ordered prisoners to beat him, and they gave him a concussion and two black eyes. The guards would not give him any bedding, so he slept on the cement floor for three months.

In 2001, Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal again. He was detained for one month at the Pingfang Detention Center in Harbin City. During that month, he was subjected to brutal beatings fifteen times. The prisoners raised his chin on the headboard, tied his hands behind his back, raised his legs up behind him, and forced his stomach to the floor. They then stepped on his body, pulled his head, and punched him in the throat.

The Shuangcheng City 610 Office sentenced Mr. Liu to one year of forced labor and sent him to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp barefoot. Upon arriving at the camp on January 30, 2003, he was tortured by being forced to stand outside for 30 minutes, stripped, to freeze. He was forced to do slave labor every day. On one occasion, he was forced to help a welder, who burned his arm with a red-hot welding strip.

On one afternoon in February 2004, Handian Town Government employee Sun Jihua (male, in charge of the persecution) led a group of officials and police officers, including some Shuangcheng City 610 Office agents, to break into Mr. Liu's home. They carried him into their vehicle and detained him in the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. It was in early February, and the weather was cold. The guards stripped him and poured pan after pan of cold water over his body for long stretches, causing him to shiver and shake.

After being detained for fifteen days, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor and again taken to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. He was first assigned to the Fourth Ward. Warden Ji Gang searched his body and coerced him to write the three statements and accept the brainwashing. There were huge water vats sitting in the washing room. Ji Gang led the torture of Mr. Liu, throwing him in the vat, and had prisoners beat his head with a shovel handle and plastic tube, hold his head underwater, and hose cold water on his head while his body was soaked in the vat. Mr. Liu almost froze to death.

Later Mr. Liu was transferred to the Fifth Ward, which is the ward that most severely tortures Falun Gong practitioners. People call Warden Zhao Shuang the "Black Faced Judge " (because of his cruelty). He holds a contract that states the camp will pay him 200 yuan for every "transformed" Falun Gong practitioner in his ward. He forces detained practitioners to do slave labor and does not allow them to talk. Each has to pack 35 boxes of toothpicks, otherwise they are not allowed to sleep. Mr. Liu became very weak, he could not sit up, and he passed blood in his stool. Zhao Shuang said, "If your family pays, I will let you see a doctor. Otherwise I don't care if you die, and I will never release you or let your family visit you."

Mr. Liu Quanguo endured electric baton shocks and brutal beatings in the camp. He became so weak that he could only walk with two people helping him. His fellow villagers learned about his situation and wrote a letter with lots of signatures on it to appeal of behalf of Mr. Liu Quanguo's good character. Zhao Shuang saw the letter but did not stop the brutality. Instead he kicked Mr. Liu and struck him in the face, making Mr. Liu bleed from his nose and mouth. He said viciously, "You will die as soon as you are released."

Mr. Liu had all the symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis, total incontinence and unconsciousness. He was finally released from the prison in the autumn 2006, but was in critical condition. He became weaker and weaker and died on February 16, 2008 at the age of 50.

70 Year-Old Falun Gong Practitioner Hu Zengxiang from Lu County, Shandong Province Persecuted to Death




Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Hu Zengxiang lived in Qiansuozhuang Village, Guozhuang Township, Lu County, Shandong Province. On December 29, 2007, police and the Qiansuozhuang Village CCP secretary arrested him at his home. His whereabouts were unknown until February 11, 2008, when he was found dead, bruised and battered, in his home.

Mr. Hu Zengxiang, 70, did not have any children. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, he became very healthy. He was always willing to help his neighbors. Seeing how he improved, his neighbors marveled at the miraculous effects of Falun Gong.

Mr. Hu benefited greatly from Dafa and he was very grateful to Teacher Li. He never gave up his belief in the principles of Falun Gong -- "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance" -- even when the persecution launched by the Chinese Communist Party became very severe. He never stopped clarifying the facts about Falun Gong to people to save them from the CCP's lies. In spring 2005, Hu Zengxiang was arrested by the local police and illegally detained in the Lu County Detention Center for a few days. Later he was transferred to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp, where he was detained for more than a month. After he was released, he was very weak due to the brutal persecution he suffered, but he continued to clarify the truth and he quickly recovered.

On December 29, 2007, around ten people from the Public Security Bureau in Lu County and the Guozhuang Township Police Station broke into Mr. Hu's home, ransacked it, and arrested him. They took more than 2,000 yuan in cash, some VCDs, and other truth-clarifying materials. The police also threatened to look for the Falun Gong Radio Station. Later they suppressed any information about Mr. Hu's case and started rumors such as, "We did not arrest him, he escaped." It is not clear where he was held.

A reliable source said that someone saw Mr. Hu Zengxiang in Qiansuozhuang Village's committee room several days before the New Year. The source said that Mr. Hu was almost too tragic to look at because of how severely he had been tortured: his collarbone was broken, his hands were swollen as big as rice bowls, he had lost one of his toes as a result of frostbite, and he was not able to walk.

On February 11, 2008, someone visited Hu Zengxiang's home and found his dead body. That was how they discovered that he was tortured to death. No one knows the exact date when he died.

Clearly Distinguish Good from Evil and Make the Right Choice

For more than eight years the Chinese Communist Party has persecuted Falun Gong, but the CCP's wickedness and violence could not even begin to shake practitioners' righteous belief in the principles of Falun Gong -- "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Moreover, more and more people have recognized the CCP's evil nature and withdrawn from the party. More and more people have followed Heaven's will and joined the movement of quiting the Chinese Communist Party.

The CCP and Jiang Zemin regime's persecution of Falun Gong is most shameful. Jiang Zemin and his followers will likely receive karmic retribution for their evil deeds.

The CCP has now used the name of the Olympic Games, which represents peace and respect for human rights, to intensify its persecution of Falun Gong. The CCP is publicly challenging the whole world's morality and conscience. During the eight years' persecution, Falun Gong practitioners around the world have continuously clarified the truth to the world's people. The Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party has exposed the evil nature of the CCP for the world to see.