Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

An Account of the Brutal Persecution of Ms. Ren Zhifang from Shandong Province

February 11, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) I am Ren Zhifang, a 57-year-old retiree from a grain trading company in Laizhou City, Shandong Province.

In August 1995, I retired due to my many illnesses. I suffered from partial brain atrophy, heart disease, a frozen shoulder, bronchitis, a nervous disorder, uterine leiomyoma, spinal disc protrusion, and muscle atrophy. I had visited many hospitals and practiced many forms of qigong exercise but nothing helped. In September 1996, I started practicing Falun Gong. In less than a month, I was disease free. Additionally, my family environment became harmonious. The book Zhuan Falun taught me how to live, and how to be a good person.

On April 25, 1999, the police in Tianjin arrested 45 Falun Gong practitioners. I went to Jinan City afterwards, to explain the truth about Falun Gong to the authorities. After I returned to Laizhou City, Sun Songjun (head of the Laizhou City Public Safety Bureau), who knew that I had gone to Jinan for Falun Gong, sent two officers to harass me several times. On July 20, 1999, the Bureau arrested a local practitioner. On the night of July 21, 1999, Han Guoxing and two officers from the Shidong Police Station broke into my house and ordered us to stop practicing Falun Gong. The next morning, I tried to go to Jinan to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but before I could get to the Jinan City Hall, armed officers arrested me along with other practitioners and confined us in a nearby school. The officers informed police in Laizhou City, and we were transferred to the Shidong Police Station.

We arrived at the Shidong Police Station during the night, and we were not allowed to sleep. Five officers took turns beating and interrogating me. I told them that the government shouldn't ban Falun Gong, because it is a good practice.

The next day an officer took me to the criminal investigation team. Deputy Head Gu Yuping led about eight officers in beating and kicking me, after which I was not allowed to sleep again. They continually tortured me in shifts. After the beatings, they forced me to watch videotapes that slandered Falun Dafa. On the sixth day, I went into shock and was sent to the Third People's Hospital, but upon waking, was transferred back to the criminal investigation team. They brought in my supervisors from work, Sun Jiyu and Sun Shuqin, my mother, brother, sister, husband, and daughter in order to persuade me to give up Falun Gong. I gave in eventually, because all the beating and mental stress had taken its toll on me. Officer Zhang Libo wrote a script that slandered Falun Gong and had me read it while they recorded me. They aired the recording on TV to spread false information and mislead more people about Falun Gong.

After I returned to my home, I wasn't able to eat or sleep, being physically and mentally in pain, so I stopped the practice. My husband took me to a hospital to determine the effects of the torture I had suffered. The doctor asked me who had brutally beaten me, as this had damaged my spine. I told the doctor it was due to police mistreatment because I practiced Falun Gong. Soon afterwards, the police returned to my house on August 3. Sun Dong and another officer threatened me, "Did you tell others that you suffered from police brutality? Do you not want to be with your family anymore?"

In January 2001, I was illegally arrested while studying the Fa with another practitioner. I was jailed in the Laizhou Detention Center for over a month.

On March 4, 2001, Wang Xinhong, an assistant manager from work, lied to the authorities about me, which resulted in having me jailed in the Dianzi Brainwashing Center for a month.

On the morning of October 5, 2001, Liu Jingbin and Liu Shouzhuang, leading several officers, broke into and searched my home. They found no study materials, only a floor cushion. Liu Shouzhuang yelled, "You still have the cushion (for doing the sitting meditation) and you still practice Falun Gong!" They took me to a police station, and Sun Songjun had me jailed in the Laizhou Detention Center.

On October 12, 2001, Liu Jingbin and Sun (first name unknown) slapped me and moved me to an interrogation room. They shut the door and window, then Liu picked up a chair and smashed it against my neck. They then handcuffed my hands behind my back and had me squat down with my legs against each other; then I fainted. Liu continued to beat me the entire afternoon. After this torture, I couldn't get up anymore, and my urine turned bloody. I was taken to a hospital and diagnosed with a broken spine. On October 16, police officer Sun Yabo ordered my husband to pay a 10,000-yuan deposit and 500-yuan checkup fee before they released me from the hospital. My husband took me to an orthopedic hospital. The doctor eventually gave up treatment on me and I was sent home.

On May 4, 2005, someone reported me and a fellow practitioner to the police because we were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. Yang (first name unknown) and an officer from the Chengguo Police Station brutally beat me upon seeing us. Liu Jingbin and Liu Weibin took me and the other practitioner to a detention center.

On June 10, 2005, Liu Jingbin and Liu Weibin tried to force me to sign an arrest warrant. I refused and they verbally abused me with obscene language.

On August 7, 2005, I discovered several large tumors growing in my abdomen. Doctor Li Kecheng from the detention center and three officers took me to the Third People's Hospital. A doctor in the hospital said that I must be operated on, or my life would be in danger. The very next day they ordered my husband to pay 10,000 yuan, then they released me. After returning home, I continued to study the Fa and perform the exercises; without any surgery or medicine, my tumors disappeared.

In January 2007, the company I had worked for filed for bankruptcy. To help a retired manager, I went to the Laizhou Court on January 23 to inquire about his unpaid insurance fee, but the person in charge was off work. The next day, I returned to the court, and while waiting in the reception room, four officers including Liu Jingbin and Shi Bintao dragged me out of the reception room and beat me. They took me to the criminal investigation team again. That day, they arrested 22 Falun Gong practitioners. We were all taken to the Dianzi Brainwashing Center. Lang Fang from the 610 Office dragged me out of bed and verbally abused me. Two bystanders cried after seeing how I was treated, and they realized that what they had seen on TV about Falun Gong practitioners was all lies.

On November 26, 2007, I went out grocery shopping. Two police officers seized and dragged me to a police station. There were several other police officers present, and I explained to them the truth of Falun Dafa and asked them to stop participating in the persecution, in order to save themselves and their families. Police officer Liu Shouzhuang refused to listen to me and took me to the Shidong Police Station. Liu Jingbin, Shi Bintao and Yuan (first name unknown) then took me to a detention center and jailed me there until December 5, 2007.