Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Hua Yuliang Detained in a Brainwashing Center After Being Abused in a Labor Camp

October 30, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Hua Yuliang from Weifang, Shandong Province was not released after serving his full term in a labor camp. His release date was supposed to have been August 17, 2008. Instead, he has been illegally transferred to the Weifang Brainwashing Center. When he was detained in a labor camp the second time for more than a month, he was seriously injured and his blood pressure went up to 180. The head of the Brainwashing Center Fu Jinbin harbors a lot of hatred toward Falun Gong practitioners. One time he shouted, "If you don't give up your belief, I will detain you here until you die."

Mr. Hua Yuliang is about 30 years old. He used to work for the Weifang Construction Bank and lived in an apartment of the Weifang Institute for Animal and Veterinary Science. He had a very happy family. His wife Ms. Yang Zhifang was a teacher at the Weifang Institute for Animal and Veterinary Science. Both of them practice Falun Gong, which is based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. They are honest, compassionated people who have always worked hard and were responsible in their jobs. Ms. Yang Zhifang has continually helped and supported a lot of impoverished students at her school with money and clothes.

After 1999, when the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong practitioners, this couple have been separated from their loved ones. They were also both physically and mentally tortured in a labor camp and detention center. Mr. Hua Yuliang was sentenced to three years of detention in 1999. After October 1999, Mr. Hua was detained at the Changle Detention Center in Weifang and Shandong Province Wangcun Labor Camp, where he was abused for three years. He has been subjected to brutal beatings, shocked with electric batons and locked up in a small cell.

While he was at the Wangcun Labor Camp, ten guards shocked Mr. Hua Yuliang several times with electric batons. Each time they tortured him, it lasted several hours. One time the guards handcuffed Mr. Hua's hand to the iron door of a small cell for more than 80 days. As a result of this abuse, his legs became badly swollen, and his mental state deteriorated.

In July 2007, officials at the Wangcun Labor Camp set up a "disciplinary unit" for the purpose of persecuting and torturing Falun Gong practitioners. They used this unit to detain practitioners that were illegally arrested from different areas in Shandong Province. Mr. Hua was also detained in this disciplinary unit. The guards locked him in handcuffs even while he was sleeping. Every time he was interrogated by the guards, his whole body was shocked with electric batons, injuring his skin badly. Once, in an attempt to have Mr. Hua give up his belief, a guard forced an electric baton into Mr. Hua's mouth to shock him. This caused his mouth to be badly swollen and rendering him unable to eat. The guards used every method they could think of to torture Mr. Hua. One of the leaders ordered ten collaborators to subject him to brainwashing around the clock. They did not allow Mr. Hua to sleep and forced him to stand for about 30 days.

Mr. Hua's wife Yang Zhifang was also illegally arrested after 1999. Her workplace stopped paying her salary for a while without any reason. Then, the Institute for Animal and Veterinary Science paid her as a temporary employee. The Construction Bank's Kuiwen Branch in Weifang City, where Mr. Hua was working, fired Mr. Hua in accordance with the CCP's orders. When Mr. Hua was released in 2003 from the labor camp, he lost his source of making a living. He started to drive a pedicab and sell glasses on the street to make a living. Later with help from relatives, the couple opened a small shop and sold glasses and long-distant phone service. Their lives were very hard, and they could barely make ends meet. However, neither of them gave up the practice of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

On April 18, 2007 at around 7 p.m., Wang Rongjun, head of the security section of the Developing Zone Police Department in Weifang City, ordered a group of policemen to break into Mr. Hua Yuliang's home and arrested the couple. They also ransacked their home and confiscated their cash, bank deposit and other valuables. The couple had to leave their 7-year-old child alone at home. Mr. Hua was detained in the Weifang City Detention Center, and Ms. Yang Zhifang was detained in the Shouguang Detention Center in Weifang City. Later, Mr. Hua was sentenced to forced labor a second time.