(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that took place in 20 cities or counties in 15 provinces. Twenty-three Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to brutal mistreatment during detention, and at least 14 practitioners were arrested.
1. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Lin Shilian Arrested and Held in the City's Law Education Center
Chen Jun, Zhanjiang City 610 Office head: 86-759-3334087
(Office), 86-759-2625910 (Home), 86-13326508610 (Cell)
Huang Zuhua, Chikan District 610 Office head in Zhanjiang City: 86-759-3368422, 13005622925
2. [Jilin Province] Mr. Li Wenjun Has Been on a Hunger Strike for More Than 40 Days and Is Very Weak
Personnel from the Gaoxin Police Station in Jilin City arrested Mr. Li Wenjun at 11:00 p.m. on July 12, 2008, and took him to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp on August 11, 2008. Mr. Li was sentenced to one year and three months of forced labor. He has staged a hunger strike for more than 40 days, ever since he entered the labor camp, and is now very weak.
3. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Guo Lirong Has Staged a Hunger Strike for 52 Days
Ms. Guo Lirong used to be an engineer at the Qianfeng Water Heater Factory. Personnel from the Fuqing Police Station arrested her at the end of July 2008 and took her to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. She has been on a hunger strike for 52 days. Her father worries much about her and has been hospitalized, while her mother, who is in her 80s, has become so distraught that she is mentally and physically devastated. She has fallen ill and is bedridden.
4. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Persecution of Ms. Deng Qixing in the Mianyang City Forced Labor Camp
Police arrested 60-year-old Ms. Deng Qixing from Huaying City on June 10, 2008, when she distributed New Tang Dynasty Chinese New Year Spectacular VCDs. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor several days later. Without informing Ms. Deng's family, police took her to Xinhua Forced Labor Camp. She is severely ill and is being treated in the camp's hospital.
Xinhua Forced Labor Camp: 86-816-2274441
No.2 Group in No.6 Division where Falun Gong practitioners are held: 86-816-2830769
5. [Chongqing] Ms. Gao Yang Arrested
Personnel from the Taohua Police Station in the Changshou District of Chongqing arrested Ms. Gao Yang from a vegetable market at 10:00 a.m. on September 23, 2008. The police then ransacked her home and confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun and a CD and took her to a detention center at 5: 30 p.m. that day without informing her family.
6. [Tai'an City, Shandong Province] Police Arrested Ms. Su Qingying on September 10, 2008, When She Explained the Facts about Falun Gong in the Tai Mountain Area
7. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Cui Yinxia Arrested on August 29, 2008, Will Be Sentenced in the Renqiu Court at 8:30 a.m. on September 25, 2008
Renqiu Court deputy director: 86-317-2263333, 86-317-2262002, 86-317-2262007,
Case Registration Section: 86-317-2221702
8. [Dongying City, Shandong Province] Mr. Wang Fan Harassed
Six officers from the Daozhuang Town Police Station in Guangrao County, Dongying City, and policemen from Shouguang City broke into Mr. Wang Fan's home in Malou Village in September 2008. They ransacked the place in her absence and confiscated two Dafa books, two MP3 players, and about ten Falun Gong flyers.
9. [Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wu Yanchun and Mr. Ren Zhongde Persecuted
Mr. Ren Zhongde and Mr. Wu Yanchun were sentenced to five and one year in prison, respectively. They are now being held in the Daqing City Prison.
Another practitioner was also sentenced to five years in prison and is in the Hulan City Prison.
10. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Zhang Kaixia Arrested for Doing the Falun Gong Exercises Outdoors
Personnel from the Jiangxia District No.1 Police Station arrested 30-year-old Ms. Zhang Kaixia from the district in Wuhan City on the morning of September 21, 2008, when she did the Falun Gong exercises in the district's sports center. Ms. Zhang has been transferred into the Erzhigou Women's Forced Labor Camp in Wuhan City. Her husband and her primary school-age son are left home.
Jiangxia District No.1 Police Center: 86-27-87952805
Fang, one of the policemen in charge of Ms. Zhang's case: 86-13072730999
11. [Yinchuan City, Ningxia Autonomous Region] Mr. Luan Ning Arrested
Nine policemen and two officers from the residential committee arrested Mr. Luan Ning from the Xixia District, Yinchuan City, at 8:00 a.m. on September 19, 2008. They ransacked his home and confiscated a computer. The police injured one of Mr. Luan's wife's arms during the illegal arrest. She has not yet recovered.
Mr. Luan had been sentenced to three years in prison in Beijing and was subsequently fired from his company.
12. [Taijiang County, Guizhou Province] Mr. Pu Qingguang and Ms. Yuan Bihong Arrested on August 6, 2008 Facing Trials
Xie Wenying, Taijiang County Court director: 86-15329058266, 86-855-5327115
13. [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Liang Jianguo's Wife Arrested
Mr. Liang Jianguo, an employee from the Datonghu Farm in Yiyang City, and his non-practitioner daughter were arrested from their home in Changsha City. His wife was arrested in early August prior to the Beijing Olympics.
14. [Xiangfan City, Hubei Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Several practitioners from Xiangfan City did the Falun Gong exercises at 6:30 a.m. on September 22, 2008, in the People's Square. Police arrested them and took them to the Wangjiang Police Station.
15. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Xu Gui'e Arrested
Police from the Qingshan District 610 Office in Wuhan City went to the district Jianerdianshi Computer School and arrested eight people at 10:00 a.m. on September 12, 2008.
Personnel from the Yejin Police Station ransacked several practitioners' homes. Ms. Shi Yingxia and Ms. Sun Yuqing are now in the Dongxihu Detention Center.
Several policemen arrested Mr. Zeng Zheng from Wuxue City on the afternoon of September 13, 2008. Seven police officers arrested Ms. Xu Gui'e on September 19, 2008, when she went to the computer school to collect Mr. Zeng's belongings. The police informed Ms. Xu's family two days later that she has been taken to Beihu Farm.
16. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Supplemental Information about Mr. Chen Shaoqing
Mr. Chen Shaoqing was arrested on July 26, 2008. An arrest certificate was issued for him at 10:00 a.m. on September 4, 2008. He is in the Mazhang No.2 Detention Center in Zhanjiang City. Mr. Chen went on a hunger strike, and criminal inmates beat him brutally.
Ms. Li Zhendi from Zhanjiang City had been on several hunger strikes to protest the maltreatment in the Mazhang No.1 Detention Center.
Mazhang No.1 Detention Center: 86-759-3301844, 86-759-2705544
Mazhang No.2 Detention Center: 86-759-3300137, 86-759-2706144
17. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Wu Jianjun Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison
Mr. Wu Jianjun, 37 years old, was arrested in Yifeng County, Jiangxi Province, on September 27, 2007, for explaining the facts about Falun Gong. It was heard recently that he had been sentenced to ten years in the Nanchang City Prison. This will be Mr. Wu's second imprisonment.
18. [Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Zhanfeng and His Wife, Ms. Fang Jing, Arrested
Twenty-four-year-old Mr. Li Zhanfeng is from Yongle Village, Zhuozhou City. He was arrested before the Olympic Games and sentenced to two years of forced labor. Mr. Li was put in Baoding City Forced Labor Camp in the middle of September 2008.
Ms. Fang Jing, Mr. Li's wife, was arrested at the same time and put in a brainwashing center even though she was four months pregnant, but has since been released. While she was still a teenager in 2000, she was incarcerated in the city's Nanma Brainwashing Center.
Mr. Li's father, Mr. Li Heng, is a practitioner. Baoding City Forced Labor Camp guards tortured him in 2001. His blood pressure was 220mmHg. He had incontinence and was diagnosed with a blood clot in his brain. The paralyzed Mr. Li Heng was bailed out in early 2002 and died in June 2005.
Li Dongliang, police station chief: 86-312-3853866, 86-13932298008
Gao Jian, 610 Office: 86-312-3634050, 86-13032081540
Zhang Shun, 610 Office: 86-312-5521899, 86-13582287295
19. [Hunan Province] Ms. Tang Guilin on Trial in Xinning Court on September 19, 2008; Her Defense Lawyer Pleaded Innocent
Zhao Hegui, 610 Office head: 86-739-4835610
Yao Feijun, chief judge: 86-13973557388
20. [Bei'an City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Jiang Bingzhi Arrested
Local police arrested Mr. Jiang Bingzhi from Shiquan Town, Bei'an City, on September 22, 2008. He is in the city detention center.
Bei'an City 610 Office: 86-456-6695911
21. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] The Persecution of Mr. Gao Li
Local police arrested Mr. Gao Li on September 22, 2008, when he went to the Household Registration Office in the Huayuantun Township Police Station. Mr. Gao has lived away from home to avoid the persecution since 2002.
22. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Over 50 Practitioners Held in Kaiping Detention Center
More than 50 practitioners are being held in Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, as of September 2008. Newly arrested practitioners are placed in a small compartment, and a criminal monitors them. The window is covered with colored paper or newspaper, with a small corner left uncovered for guards to monitor the practitioners.
Practitioners are forced to stand for a long time during the daytime and are forbidden to sleep until 1:00 a.m. Practitioners who do not cooperate are tied to poles or chairs for several days. They are usually held in a small compartment for days at a time.
23. [Yunmeng County, Hubei Province] Mr. Chen Xiaolin Arrested
Mr. Chen Xiaolin was admitted to Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center on September 10, 2008. The police confiscated a computer and 1,000 yuan from his home. They even ransacked his son's home.
24. [Cangxi County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Luo Xiufang Arrested and Ms. Yan Zongfang's Home Ransacked
Several officers from the Shuiling Police Station in Lingjiang Town arrested 60-year-old Ms. Luo Xiufang from Lingjiang Town, Cangxi County, on July 21, 2008. They ransacked her home and put her in the county's detention center.
Policemen including Yue Gang ransacked 59-year-old Ms. Yan Zongfang's home in Cangxi County on April 14, 2008.
25. [Chongqing] Ms. Xiao Lizhu Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Ms. Xiao Lizhu, a retired officer in the Yubei District in Chongqing, was sentenced to two years of forced labor and is now the district's Shimahe Women's Forced Labor Camp.
26. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Gong Meirong Held in the Etouwan Brainwashing Center
27. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Yu Mei Arrested
Twenty police officers arrested Ms. Yu Mei at 5:00 p.m. on September 18, 2008, when she returned to her home in the Chikan District Medical Device Repair Station in Zhanjiang City. She is in the district brainwashing center.
Chen Jun, Zhanjiang City 610 Office head: 86-13326508610, 86-13828236100,
86-759-2625910 (Home), 86-759-3334087 (Office)
Huang Zuhua, Chikan District 610 Office head: 86-759-3368422, 86-13005622925
28. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Xu Dejin Sentenced to Forced Labor
Policemen from the Linzhang County Domestic Security Division arrested 68-year-old Mr. Xu Dejin and put him in the county detention center on August 24, 2008. He was transferred to the Handan City Forced Labor Camp on September 3, 2008.
29. [Sichuan Province] Mr. Zheng Fangjun Arrested
Mr. Zheng Fangjun, in his 40s, from Suining City, Sichuan Province, was arrested on June 28, 2008. Mr. Zhang Wenjun was arrested at the same time.
30. [Yitong County, Jilin Province] Ms. Li Xiuqing Arrested
Police from Yitong County arrested Ms. Li Xiuqing from her home on September 16, 2008. They told her family that she would be released in 15 days. Ms. Li is being held in a detention center.
Sun Lirong, Yitong County Police Station chief: 86-434-4252000 (Office),
86-434-4229338 (Home), 86-13904354832 (Cell), 86-13364589696
Wang Yingchao, Domestic Security Division chief: 86-434-4225369 (Home), 86-13904354811
31. [Langfang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Yang Jianpo Has Been Held for Two Years
Mr. Yang Jianpo was arrested on February 5, 2006, and has not permitted to meet with his family for two years. His wife, Ms. Nie Chunling, has been monitored around the clock since the Olympic Games. Police even installed a video camera at the entrance to her home.