Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Brutal Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners by Qian'an Police in Hebei Province

September 28, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) After Jiang Zemin's group in the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, staff from the Qian'an City 610 Office and police from the Political Security Section of the Qian'an City Police Department in Hebei Province have been closely following their orders and committing crimes to brutally persecute Falun Dafa practitioners.

In August 2000, Section Chief Peng Minghui and policeman Ha Fulong of the Political Security Section (now the National Security Section) of the Qian'an City Police Department illegally arrested practitioner Mrs. Li Fengzhen. They detained her at the Qian'an City Detention Center after she wrote two letters to Party Secretary Quan Zhibao of the Jianchangying Town Political and Legal Committee in Qian'an City about how Falun Dafa practitioners try to be good people, how they have improve in their health and minds, and how much harmony, stability, and peace Falun Dafa has brought to families and to society. She wrote that practitioners respect the elderly, care for the young, and abide by the law. "Falun Dafa is definitely the righteous Fa, and its practitioners should not be persecuted." Mrs. Li was put in a detention center for writing this four-page truth-clarification letter. Practitioners Ms. Bai Xueshuang, Ms. Gao Jianhua, and Ms. Wang Xiaoyue were also detained during that time; Mrs. Wang Xiaoyue was detained there for several months. They were shackled with devices normally reserved for criminals waiting to be executed. Ms. Bai Xueshuang's buttocks were severely bruised and swollen. Ms. Gao Jianhua and Ms. Wang Xiaoyue were forced to climb the stairs or run laps with shackles weighing over 20 pounds. Guards would whip the practitioners with belts if they stopped running. The practitioners' feet and ankles bled constantly. Detention center Director Hui Zhijiang and guard Lei Xiansheng laughed while they beat them.

Four practitioners held a hunger strike for eight days to protest the persecution. Three practitioners were further injured by torture during that time. They were released at the end of the eighth day when they were extremely weak. However, 610 Office Deputy Director Yang Yulin and Peng Minghui pressured the practitioners to give up their belief in "Truthfulness, Benevolence, and Forbearance" and forced their families to write the three statements to promise that the practitioners would cease to practice Falun Gong. They also fined Ms. Li's family 3,000 yuan.

At the end of September 2000, Ms. Li Fengzhen was again arrested and detained for 15 days by police from the Political Security Section because they were afraid that she might go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Ms. Li refused to sign papers, held a hunger strike, and refused water for eight days to protest her unlawful detention. She was finally released when she was in critical condition.

At the end of December 2000, before Ms. Li had completely recovered from being tortured in September, she was forcibly taken to a brainwashing center by policeman Zhao and Deputy Mayor Jin Shiqiang of Jianchangying Town under orders from Peng Minghui. Head of the City Party Committee Zhang Lairu oversaw the brainwashing center, and the head of the city's 610 Office Yang Yulin managed the brainwashing center. Li Fuyou, Ning Xuejun, Sun Gang, Wang Yongjin, Wang Yongtian, Yang Xiuli (from the Communist Youth League), Zhang Yinshu, Lan Tian, Liu Ruimin, and Shi Yuhai (from the Women's Federation) participated in persecuting practitioners in the brainwashing center. They were from the Department of Organization, Department of Propaganda, the Communist Youth League, Physical Education Committee, Judicial Bureau, Police Department, and Qian'an City CCP Committee Office. About 40 people took turns torturing and abusing the practitioners. They forced more than 20 practitioners to crawl on the ground, run, stand under the baking sun, run while carrying sandbags, and watch videos slandering Falun Dafa. Almost all of the practitioners were beaten or verbally abused. Zhang Yinshu and Huang stepped on practitioner Mr. Pang Wendong's head and slapped his face fiercely; practitioner Mr. Song Naiwen was tortured until he was unconscious. The practitioners were given only three tenths of a pound of food daily and, as a result, became very skinny. Not only were the practitioners relentlessly tortured, the CCP also pressured their families and told them to participate in beating practitioners. When practitioners held hunger strikes, Yang Yulin ordered the guards to force-feed them; the victims' noses and mouths bled when the guards forcibly inserted feeding tubes into the practitioners' stomachs.

The police could not "transform" the practitioners, so they transferred practitioners Mr. Yang Jiuxing, Mr. Liu Deyu, Mr. Qiu Zhilin, Ms. Fan Huiying, Ms. Li Fengzhen, Ms. Wang Weiyue, and Ms. Zhang Liqin to another detention center. The practitioners who traveled to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong, including Ms. Shen Jia, Ms. Li Shulan, and Ms. Pei Cuirong, were also detained. Peng Minghui later transferred Mrs. Pei Cuirong to Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province, where she died at the age of 48 from a cerebral hemorrhage brought on by torture. At the detention center, Hui Zhijiang and guards Lei Xiansheng, Zhang Lin, and Zhang Shan handcuffed practitioners to metal doors and window frames for two months. Zhang Shan did not allow practitioners to use bathroom.

The next morning, practitioners reported the transfers to the guards, but the detention center authorities did not give any explanation, nor did it take any action. Ms. Li Fengzhen and Ms. Wang Weiyue slipped into a coma after being handcuffed for a long period of time. One of Ms. Li Fengzhen's hands was cut and bleeding because of the handcuffs, and the other hand had blisters on it; she also suffered convulsions and vomiting. Eight practitioners were handcuffed and tortured for a period of two months.

When in line to get food, practitioners refused to report their numbers because they denied that they were criminals, so the guards did not give them food. When guards searched their rooms, the practitioners refused to cooperate. Hui Zhijiang beat practitioner Ms. Fan Huiying's hands with his shoe and beat Ms. Li Fengzhen with a belt. Ms. Li's face was disfigured and swollen with black and purple marks. Hui Zhijiang beat Ms. Li Fengzhen brutally three times. The other inmates in her cell were all frightened, and some were even in tears. Ms. Li Fengzhen's legs and buttocks were heavily bruised. Finally Hui Zhijiang grew tired and stopped beating her. Lei Xiansheng from Leizhuang Village in Qian'an City often carried a belt he used to beat practitioners. Once, he slapped Ms. Li Fengzhen's face more than 20 times. Blood flowed from Mrs. Li's nose and mouth. To protest the persecution, practitioners held hunger strikes and refused water. They also requested an absolute and unconditional discharge. The Political Security Team and the detention center savagely force-fed the practitioners with food and salt water. Around eight guards held down Mrs. Li Fengzhen while the feeding tube was inserted. Her nose and mouth bled, and her teeth were pried out. They did not stop until she could barely breathe. After the doctor said that she could not be saved, Ms. Li was released. During the nine months in the detention center, practitioners were forced to sleep on cold cement floors for five months.

On April 15, 2003, of the lunar calendar, Peng Minghui and Ha Fulong from the Qian'an City National Security Team (formerly the Political Security Section) again arrested Ms. Li Fengzhen. They ordered her to say things she did not know and words she did not want to say. Ms. Li refused to cooperate. Peng Minghui shocked her with electric batons for two afternoons. Her neck, collarbone, chest, shoulders, fingers, toes, elbows, and knees were all subjected to the electric batons. According to Ms. Li Fengzhen, she was dizzy, shaking, and had an irregular heartbeat. Policeman Pu Yonglai grabbed her before she collapsed to the floor, and Peng Minghui continued shocking her until the electric batons ran out of battery. Peng Minhui later took her to the brainwashing center for further persecution. Yang Yulin and two other people took turns beating her fiercely. Her nose and mouth both bled. After she fell to the ground, the guards pulled her up by her hair. Her head and face were swollen. Ms. Li's health deteriorated quickly due to the brutal torture. She held hunger strikes and refused water to request her release. She frequently lost consciousness and became incontinent and could not take care of herself. The guards force-fed her six times and pried out two of her teeth in the process. One person pulled her hair, two held her arms, one pressed on her chest, and two men sat on her legs. She was too weak to open her eyes. Ms. Li heard someone say, "Loosen the grip on her hands a little. Her hands are dark due to a lack of blood circulation. Also, you two be careful; if her legs were fractured, you are responsible." Doctor Zhang, who worked for the Senior Cadre Bureau, and her assistant inserted a feeding tube into Ms. Li's stomach. Ms. Li Fengzhen, a woman of 59, was tortured by nine people. Later, they gave her an IV of an unknown substance, which caused her to vomit immediately, even while the feeding tube was still inserted. Mrs. Li was so weak that she could not see, nor could she take care of herself. But Yang Yulin and Peng Minghui still plotted to take her to the Tangshan City Kaiping Forced Labor Camp. She did not pass the health exam, and the forced labor camp refused to accept her. She was then taken back to the brainwashing center. A few days later, her blood pressure rose to over 200, and her heartbeat became erratic. She was shaking, could not control herself, and could not see or hear. They were afraid that she might die at the brainwashing center, so they released her. Ms. Li Fengzhen had been tortured for 29 at the detention center. At home, Ms. Li stayed in bed for three months, did not have a bowel movement for 47 days, and was incontinent. She could not eat anything and would throw up even water. Ms. Li was in very critical condition. Currently she is still struggling to maintain her balance while walking. She cannot hear clearly or see objects far away and relies on her husband to take care of her every day. In April and May of 2003, her hair fell out almost completely. It took a year for her to start growing new hair.

From October 6 to 8, 2001, Ms. Li Fengzhen suffered severe pain in her coccyx after being beaten by Hui Zhijiang. She asked her family to take her to a hospital, but her family was so fearful of the police that they did not dare. Instead, they just took a few pictures of her injuries. Even those pictures were taken away by the police from the Political Security Section.

On December 5, 2000, practitioner Assistant Professor Ms. Wang Guilan from the Public Health College of the Hebei Medical University in Shijiazhuang City in Hebei Province appealed in Beijing for Falun Gong. She was taken to the Congwen District Police Station, where she started a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Five people held her down on the ground and used a thick tube to force-feed her. On December 25, 2000, she was taken to Qian'an City Detention Center. Four male and two female guards tortured her brutally, even though she had been on a hunger strike for 18 days. They held her to the ground, stepped on her leg, slapped her face, pulled her hair, and tied her hands with a thin rope. The rope cut into her flesh, and her hands became black and purple. The numbness and pain in her arms and legs lasted for a year after this torture. Despite the long-term torture she was subjected to, Mrs. Wang Guilan continued to remind the guards of karmic retribution, and she did not hate or resent them. Ms. Wang told them not to persecute the Falun Gong practitioners who cultivate based on the principles of "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance." The guards responded to her kindness with another round of brutal beating.

Practitioner Ms. Bai Xueshuang cannot walk normally, has difficulties with memory, and cannot take care of herself due to injuries caused by torture.

It has been six years and seven months since February 2001, when the Qian'an City government deprived Ms. Fan Huiying of her salary. Her employer is still withholding her residence card and refuses to process her retirement paperwork.

The persecution against the practitioners from Qian'an City mentioned above is just the tip of the iceberg. A thorough list of all crimes committed against Falun Dafa practitioners in Qian'an City cannot be generated; we do not know how many practitioners have been taken to brainwashing centers, forced labor camps, prisons, etc. We do know that practitioners Mr. Song Naiwen and Mr. Liu Wuquan are imprisoned at the Jidong Prison in Hebei Province, and Mr. Liu Xiuxia is imprisoned at the Tangshan City Kaiping Forced Labor Camp. Both practitioners are suffering torture at this time.