Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Details of the Persecution Targeting Falun Gong Practitioners Employed in the Field of Education in Zhoukou, Henan Province

September 10, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started its ruthless persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, practitioners employed in the education field in Zhoukou, Henan Province, have clarified the truth about Falun Gong. They did not want people to be condemned by heaven for their participation in the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong. Besides exercising their constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong at appeals offices, practitioners have been spreading the truth about Falun Gong, which has touched people's hearts far and wide. However, they have faced the ransacking of their homes, extortion, unlawful arrests, incarceration in forced labor camps and prisons, torture, and even death. The following are facts of the CCP's persecution of practitioners in the education field in Zhoukou.

1. Teachers Mr. and Mrs. Song Zhenling Sentenced to Prison; Nearly Full-Term Pregnancy Aborted, Baby Killed

Mr. Song Zhenling, a resident of Xingzheng Village, Lutaihuazhuang, Huaiyang, Henan Province, is a highly competent schoolteacher. He used to suffer severe hepatitis, which could not be cured. After he started practicing Falun Gong, his hepatitis was cured. After witnessing the miracle, his wife, Wang Guijin, began to practice Falun Gong as well.

However, this couple has suffered countless problems since the CCP launched its persecution of Falun Gong.

On October 3, 2000, 18 practitioners, including Mr. and Mrs. Song Zhenling, went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. Staff from the Huaiyang County 610 Office and police officers from Lutai Township Police Precinct intercepted them. The following day, eight practitioners, including Mr. and Mrs. Song, took another route to Tiananmen Square. They were arrested and taken to the Qianmen Police Station. The Deputy Political Commissar of the Huaiyang County Police Precinct, Ren Wei, and the Director of Lutai Township Police Precinct tied them up with ropes and took them to the Huaiyang County Beijing Office. They were interrogated, beaten, and tortured. The deputy head of the Huaiyang County National Security Team, Wu Shengli, and the director of the Lutai Township Police Station forced Mrs. Song to kneel on the floor for a long time when they interrogated her. They beat and kicked her, slapped her face, and pulled her hair. Some of her hair was pulled out and her face became swollen. When Ren Wei interrogated Mr. and Mrs. Song, he tied them up, handcuffed them with their arms behind their backs, and beat them. During the second interrogation, Ren Wei took off his shoes to slap Mr. Song's face. Ren Wei also stole their money and did not provide any food. They were taken back to Huaiyang County on October 7. Ren Wei and policemen Chen Jiachang, Geng Shouling and Zhao Min tortured the couple in hopes of forcing them to "confess." Mr. Song's back bled from being tied up so tightly. Ren Wei again took off his shoes to slap Mr. Song's face. He kept slapping him until he was tired. Geng Shouling also beat Mrs. Song brutally when he interrogated her.

Later Mr. and Mrs. Song were forcibly "transformed" at the Huaiyang County Brainwashing Center and were released.

On November 12, 2001, Mr. and Mrs. Song were arrested when they were producing truth-clarification materials in their rented apartment. The police beat them brutally. It took one week for Mrs. Song's swollen face to return to normal. They were then put into a detention center, where they were tortured during interrogation. Both of them held protest hunger strikes. Two weeks after their hunger strike, Zheng Xianjun and Li Zhaosheng told Doctor Zhang Duoshu to force-feed Mrs. Song. Zhang Duoshu inserted a bamboo tube into her throat. Zheng Xianjun used a sharp instrument to pry Mr. Song's mouth open. His mouth bled profusely. Zheng Xianjun also used a thin bamboo stick to hit Mr. Song's fingers and toes, which was extremely painful. Mr. and Mrs. Song were released after 29 days on a hunger strike. They were in critical condition. Policemen Ren Wei and Geng Shouling extorted 4,000 yuan from them.

In February 2004, Mr. and Mrs. Song Zhenling and their son were arrested in Dancheng City. Policemen Zhao Jishan, Wang Quandong, and Xu Jun from Huaiyang Police Department beat them and injured Mrs. Song's mouth on the way back to Huaiyang.

Mr. and Mrs. Song held a hunger strike at the Huaiyang County Detention Center. Zheng Xianjun ordered force-feeding again. Doctor Zhang Duoshu discovered that Mrs. Song was pregnant. The Huaiyang County 610 Office then released her and ordered residential surveillance.

On April 11, 2004, police from Lutai Township Police Station went to Mrs. Song's mother's home to arrest her. They went there several times but did not find her. Her third older brother warned her to "be careful." The police monitored the phone and arrested him. They extorted 6,000 "yuan" from him. Her father was sentenced to one year in prison for the "crime" of "concealing criminals." She was arrested on May 1, 2004, but since the law prohibits imprisonment of pregnant women, she was again allowed to go home subject under residential surveillance.

On July 19, 2004, the head of the National Security Team, Chang Yijun, ordered staff at the Lutai Township Police Precinct to take Mrs. Song to the Huaiyang Birth Control Center. They demanded that she agree to an abortion. She refused. At 2:00 p.m. the next day, eight people, including Song Duohai, Li Guang and Liang, held her down, aborted the almost-nine-month-old fetus, and killed it.

Mr. Song Zhenling was illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison and his wife to a five-year term. A once-peaceful family was torn apart.

2. Ms. Han Cuimei, Principal of a Xiangcheng Suburb Elementary School, Detained for an Indefinite Period

Ms. Han Cuimei, a practitioner in her mid 60s, is a retired principal of a Xiangcheng suburban elementary school. When the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Han risked her safety by traveling to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was brutally persecuted and imprisoned twice.

In March 2000, Ms. Han Cuimei exercised her constitutional right to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the State Appeals Office in Beijing, but was arrested, brought back to Xiangcheng and illegally imprisoned for nine months. At the time of her release, the police extorted 2,000 yuan from her.

In January 2001, Xiangcheng police unlawfully arrested and imprisoned Ms. Han when she was distributing truth-clarification materials about Falun Gong. When she refused to have her fingerprints taken, prison guard Jiang Yourong put one of the largest pair of foot shackles he could find on her.

On July 18, 2001, Ms. Han was taken to Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp. During the physical exam, she was diagnosed with hypertension and heart disease. The camp refused to take her. However, the police from Xiangcheng insisted on imprisoning her and kept her in prison for over three years.

3. Ms. Ma Rui, a Dance Instructor in the Shenqiu Normal Dance School, Illegally Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor

Ms. Ma Rui, 43, is a teacher at the Shenqiu Normal Dance School. After she started practicing Falun Gong, she became more generous, forgiving, and kind. The people around her witnessed the power of Falun Gong. After the persecution started, she went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested three times.

In October 1999, Ms. Ma went to Beijing and Shenqiu police arrested her. They also ransacked her home. Her family members had to pay a 5,000-yuan fine for her release.

At the end of December 2000, when Ms. Ma went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, Beijing police arrested her, and Shenqiu police took her home. She was detained until May 2001.

In December 2001, staff from State Security Bureau went to the school and arrested her for providing Dafa materials to other practitioners. She was later sentenced to three years of forced labor. She served her term at the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou.

4. Mr. Feng Lei, Schoolteacher at Xiangchengnan Elementary School, Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor

Mr. Feng Lei is a music teacher in his 30s at Xiangcheng Nanguan Elementary School. Before Mr. Feng started to practice Falun Gong, his marriage was in trouble.

After Mr. Feng started practicing Falun Gong, he became a new man. He helped his wife with the housework and treated her affectionately. Because of this, his wife and relatives on both sides thought highly of Falun Gong. At work he was known among his colleagues as a diligent and kind teacher.

In October 1999, Mr. Feng Lei and several other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the State Appeals Office. They were arrested and transferred to the office of Mr. Feng's hometown police station in Beijing. The police escorted him back to Xiangcheng and imprisoned him in a local detention center. Because Mr. Feng refused to renounce Falun Gong in writing, he was illegally sentenced to three years in Kaifeng Forced Labor Camp.

To make him renounce Falun Gong, the guards tried both hard and soft tactics. Mr. Feng did not give in to their tactics and repeatedly talked about the goodness of Falun Gong. When the soft approach didn't work, the guards hung Mr. Feng up in the air for long hours. He was forced to work for over 10 hours during the day. At night, he was tied to the bed with his arms and legs spread out. An inmate was ordered to watch him. Any time he closed his eyes, the inmates pinched him hard. He was only allowed to sleep for a little while before dawn. After 21 days of this kind of torture, Mr. Feng became foggy headed and slandered Falun Gong in writing. The guards then presented his statement to their superiors for a reward.

In May 2004, Xin Hai, a squadron leader at the State Security Bureau, and a group of police ransacked Mr. Feng's home without a warrant. The officers found nothing but a few colored balls with facts about Falun Gong on them, but they used it to justify the arrest of Mr. Feng. They put him in a detention center. Xin Hai, under orders from Captain Ma Zhefeng, extorted 10,000 yuan from Mr. Feng. Xin Hai threatened to take him to a forced labor camp if he did not give the money. Mr. Feng was released after about two weeks.

5. Ms. Xu Li, a Schoolteacher at Taikang Third Middle School, Forced into Homelessness to Avoid Further Persecution

On the evening of March 21, 2004, there was a severe thunderstorm in the Chunhui District of Zhoukou. A young couple delivered computer equipment to a second floor apartment of the Shanan Supply Bureau during the thunderstorm. The light was on in the apartment when they arrived. The wife waited downstairs while the husband delivered the equipment. When her husband didn't return for a long time, she knew that something was wrong. She was about to leave when Mr. Huang Jinqi, head of the Zhoukou State Security Bureau, arrested her.

The young woman was Ms. Xu Li, a former schoolteacher at Taikang Third Middle School. Her husband is Tan Zhiqiang. The school fired Ms. Xu after she went to Beijing twice to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. Her husband's mind was poisoned by the CCP's propaganda against Falun Gong and he divorced her. Facing the constant threat of being arrested again, Ms. Xu went into homelessness to avoid further persecution. She overcame multiple difficulties and continued to spread the truth about Falun Gong. She joined a Falun Gong truth-clarification site and began to produce truth-clarification materials for Falun Gong. Then Ms. Xu met Mr. Tan Zhiqiang and married him. They had a baby boy.

When Huang Jinqi grabbed Ms. Xu, he used profane language and pushed her to the ground. Mr. Tan was beaten brutally and his face was streaked with blood. The police took their house key and ransacked their apartment in a building belonging to Yinghe Elementary School. They stole 7,000 yuan and valuables. They also took the baby boy to the bureau office. The baby suffered severe neglect. During the day, the officers fed the baby a small portion of baby formula but did not change his diapers. In the evening, Ms. Xu and Mr. Tan were taken to a local detention center. On the morning of March 23, Ms. Xu Li demanded to see her baby when Huang Jinqi appeared in the detention center. Huang told her, "The baby has been with the State Security Bureau for two days. He is doing fine. If you don't cooperate with us, you will never see your boy again." That afternoon Ms. Xu repeated the request, but Haung refused again. It was in the middle of a chilly winter. The baby was in a dirty, soaking wet diaper for two days. He suffered hypothermia and was barely breathing. Two days later the baby was sent to Ms. Xu's parents, who took the distressed child to the emergency room. He almost died. Although he survived, his buttocks, inner thighs and genitals festered, leaving scars. Since then, the baby has been very frail and is growing very slowly.

Because Ms. Xu was still nursing, she was not sentenced to prison. However, she was forced to leave her baby and go into hiding to avoid further persecution. She became homeless again. Her husband was unlawfully sentenced to 13 years in Xixiang Prison.

6. Ms. Feng Jimei, a Schoolteacher at Chengjiao Kindergarten, Persecuted

Ms. Feng Jimei is a 47-year-old practitioner in Xiangcheng. She used to be a kindergarten teacher in Chengjiao. She has been practicing Falun Gong for 11 years. Before she started to practice Falun Gong, her husband had extramarital affairs. She suffered deeply, which severely damaged her health. Devastated by her husband's infidelity, Ms. Feng once suffered a nervous breakdown. Her marriage was on the brink of collapse. After she began practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Feng became mentally and physically healthy again. She became an optimistic person. At work, she was known to be diligent and a nice person. At home, she took care of her family and both parents. Her husband's behavior also improved a lot. The family lived a happy, harmonious live.

After the CCP started its brutal persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Feng went to Beijing four times to exercise her constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong. Each time the police arrested, fined, and imprisoned her without legal justification. In prison, Ms. Feng was forced into slave labor and worked for long hours. The guards also cursed at, insulted, and beat her. She was forced to wear shackles and was tortured.

Pressured by the CCP's hate propaganda against Falun Gong, her husband's mind was poisoned and he returned to his old debauched ways. When she returned home, he cursed and beat his wife. Also, Mr. Zhao had an affair with his cousin's wife and moved in with her for three years while Ms. Feng Jimei was in prison. He continued to beat, curse at, and humiliate Ms. Feng to force her into a divorce. Out of compassion, Ms. Feng endured her husband's abuse.

To divorce her, Zhao made a false report about Ms. Feng to the police. He accused her of spreading the truth about Falun Gong to the neighbors. He thought the police would arrest her without investigation. However, the police talked to the neighbors and found out that Zhao had lied. The police scolded Zhao in public.

Then Zhao bribed Judge Cao Jinlin. He filed for divorce and gave as reason that Ms. Feng practiced Falun Gong. After taking the bribe, Cao favored Zhao in the courtroom. Cao threatened to grant the divorce if Ms. Feng refused to renounce Falun Gong in court. When Ms. Feng tried to explain what Falun Gong is, Cao cut her off and refused to let her defend herself. Cao granted the divorce and gave the house and property to Zhao. The verdict left Ms. Feng homeless. Ms. Feng decided to appeal and talked to Cao's superior. Scared of the consequences, Cao Jinlin demanded the verdict documents back. He changed his verdict and divided the house and property equally between Zhao and Ms. Feng.

Because of the wicked CCP's brutal persecution of Falun Gong, a once-harmonious family was destroyed.

7. Ms. Ren Xueying, Senior Lecturer at Zhoukou Sports School, Unlawfully Imprisoned

Ms. Ren Xue Ying, 58, was a senior lecturer at Zhoukou Sports School. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996.

In October 1999, Ms. Ren exercised her constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong to the States Appeals Office in Beijing. However, the Beijing police arrested her as soon as she arrived. When the police car stopped in the traffic, she escaped. However, the Beijing police reported her to the Political and Security Committee in Zhoukou. She was summoned and fined when she returned to Zhoukou.

In March 2000, Ms. Ren co-signed a petition to end the persecution of Falun Gong, which Falun Gong practitioners planned to pass to the National People's Congress and the CCP's Political Committee. She was again summoned and fined. The two fines totaled 5,200 yuan.

At the end of September 2000, Ms. Ren went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. This time, staff from the 610 Office and the State Security Bureau from Zhoukou illegally sentenced her to forced labor at Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zhenzhou for 21 months. During the unlawful imprisonment, Ms. Ren's salary was suspended.

8. Mr. Lei Bangci, Outstanding Schoolteacher in Huaiyang, Persecuted

Mr. Lei Bangci, a practitioner in his 60s, lives in Xingzheng Village, Zenglou, Xinzhan Town, Huaiyang County. Mr. Lei has taught school for over 40 years and is a widely respected schoolteacher. Because he persevered in practicing Falun Gong despite the CCP's terror campaign, he suffered deeply from the persecution.

In January 2001, the police asked to enter his home claiming that they were conducting a census. Instead they arrested and took him to the county detention center.

In July 2004, staff from the county's 610 Office, the State Security Bureau, and police from the Xinzhan Town Police Station broke into and ransacked Mr. Lei's home without a search warrant. They confiscated Mr. Lei's Falun Gong materials and stole his TV.

Within just a few days, the police broke into his home again at night, but didn't find Mr. Lei. The following days, the police went to his home repeatedly to harass him.

On October 2, 2004, Zhen Xianfang, Deputy Chief of the county's Public Security Bureau, and about a dozen officers from the Bureau and Xinzhan Police Station came with two police cars to Mr. Lei's home. They broke into his home but didn't find him. They made three trips to Mr. Lei's home during the day. That night, they entered the home again after 9:00 p.m. but still did not find him. The next they went to the homes of his brothers, Lei Bangxun and Lei Bangli, and conducted illegal searches. The police found Mr. Lei at the home of his oldest brother, Lei Bangxun, and arrested him. In addition, the police ransacked Lei Bangxun's home and confiscated Falun Gong books. They also stole Mr. Lei Bangci's work permit, 6,200 yuan in cash, a bank book with a balance of 1,500 yuan, as well as 1,700 yuan from Lei Bangxun.

When Mr. Lei's family asked for the stolen cash and bank book, the police denied having taken it.

9. Ms. Kong Fanrong, Schoolteacher in Shuzhai Town, Xiangcheng, Persecuted to Death

On February 27, 2002, Ms. Kong Fanrong, a schoolteacher in Shuizhai Town, Xiangcheng, was killed at the age of 52.

Ms. Kong used to suffer from breast cancer. In 1997, Ms. Kong started to practice Falun Gong and her breast cancer disappeared.

On July 20, 1999, the CCP began its unjustifiable persecution of Falun Gong. Ms. Kong went to Beijing in October that year to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the State Appeals Office. The police from Zhoukou's Beijing office arrested her in Beijing. Ma Zhefeng, the head of Xiangcheng's Political and Security Committee, took her back to Xiangcheng. During the trip, Ms. Kong was tortured. In Xiangcheng, Ms. Kong was taken to the Xiangcheng Detention Center before she was transferred to Fugou Detention Center. During the detention, Ms. Kong suffered cruel torture. She was released after three months in prison and had to pay an illegal fine of 4,000 yuan.

Ms. Kong suffered continuously under the police's harassments after she was released. She had a relapse of her former disease and died.

10. Mr. and Mrs. Li Jianhua, Schoolteachers in Zhoukou Food Technology School, Sentenced to Forced Labor

In October 1999, a young schoolteacher at Zhoukou Food Technology School named Li Jianhua went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the State Appeals Office. Bai Ziqiang, chief of Zhoukou Jianshe Road Police Station, and the school principal went to Beijing to arrest Mr. Li Jianhua and take him back to Zhoukou. After interrogating him, Bai sentenced him to three years at Kaifeng Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Li faced extremely hard slave labor in the camp, but he persevered in his faith in Falun Gong and was released in September 2002. However, he was only skin and bones and was very pale. The area's 610 Office issued him special orders: "1) No teaching or administering any class; 2) No leaving the house; stand by for a summons from the police; and 3) Salary will be lowered to that of 1999.

At 3:00 p.m., September 17, 2004, the police from Jianshe Road Police Station and Xiaoqiao Office went to Mr. Li Jianhua's home to harass him. When they found him on the Internet, they questioned his attitude towards Falun Gong and then called the State Security Bureau. Wang Yong took a team of Bureau officers to ransack Mr. Li's home and stole his notebook computer and other valuables. They arrested him and sentenced him to 21 months at Xuchang Forced Labor Camp where he suffered cruel torture.

Mrs. Li Jianhua (Wang Haibo) used to teach in Zhoukou No.5 Middle School. She was sentenced to a forced labor camp for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong.

11. Ms. Wang Cui, Schoolteacher at Beiguan Elementary School, Illegally Imprisoned

Ms. Wang Cui was a young elementary school teacher. She was known to be a very nice person after she practiced Falun Gong. Because she did not want to give up her belief, she was persecuted.

Wang Cui taught at Beiguan Elementary School. When her husband passed away, her son was only 13 years old. Mr. Wang Shijian, the school principal, cooperated with local Party members in the education department and transferred her to another school very far from her home. Mother and son were thus forced to separate.

One time, Ms. Wang clarified the truth to Principal Zhang, who reported her to the police. Ms. Wang was arrested, her home was ransacked, and the police confiscated 3,000 yuan and a cellphone. They also extorted 700 yuan from her before they released her.

12. Ms. Li Chunmei, Retired Employee at Zhoukou Teacher's Academy, Unlawfully Sentenced Twice to Forced Labor

Ms. Li Chunmei, a practitioner in her 50s, used to be employed at Zhoukou Teacher's Academy. Before she started to practice Falun Gong, she suffered from a cerebral vascular disease that appeared to be incurable. She must have spent more time inside than outside a hospital ward. Her face was swollen and her mind wandered due to the disease. Her oldest son had to carry her on his back whenever she wanted to go upstairs.

Ms. Li Chunmei had the great fortune to learn Falun Gong in 1996. She was cured of the cerebral vascular disease in less than 30 days. The head swelling was gone. She was no longer muddle headed and she became energetic. She often carried her bicycle up to her apartment on the fifth floor. The school saved several thousands of yuan on medical expenses for her annually. Therefore, the faculty and staff were amazed by Falun Gong's miraculous healing power. Her husband, Shi Xuezeng, a staff member at Zhoukou Teacher's Academy, fully supported her practicing Falun Gong. For a period of time, the couple practiced the exercises together at a Falun Gong group practice site every morning.

The very day the CCP began its suppression of Falun Gong, Ms. Li Chunmei went to Zhenzhou to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but the police stopped her mid-way.

In October 1999, Ms. Li Chunmei and many fellow practitioners went to Beijing to exercise their constitutional right to appeal for Falun Gong. As soon as they arrived in Beijing, the Beijing police arrested them and turned them over to the Zhoukou police. They were detained at a detention after they arrived in Zhoukou. When she insisted on practicing the exercises at the detention center, prison guards put a pair of heavy shackles on her. They weighed 84 lbs. She had to carry the chains of the foot shackles when she walked and could not lie down. She was in agony. Ms. Li was also put in a special straight-jacket that was generally put on death-row prisoners. She was also tortured.

While Li Chunmei was in police custody, Zhoukou Teacher's Academy applied for an upgrade from an academy to a college. As a condition for granting the request, the CCP officials pressured the school to make Ms. Li Chunmei renounce Falun Gong.

After Ms. Li Chunmei was released, Zhoukou Teacher's Academy assigned an assistant secretary of the school's Security and Reserve Divisions to monitor her. The school also suspended her salary and only gave her living expenditures on a monthly basis. The school told her husband, Shi Xuezeng, and her second oldest son, Shi Gang, "If Li Chunmei creates another 'problem,' we will fire all three of you." Assistant secretary Zhang told Li Chummei in a meeting, "If you should appeal for Falun Gong to an appeals office again and cause me to be fired, I will fire the three of you first before I leave!"

Her husband was frightened by the threat. He took Li Chunmei with him everywhere he went, even when he went to work. He kept her in sight at all times.

At the end of September 2000, Li Chummei escaped and went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She passed by many police checkpoints and got off the train in Baoding, Hebei Province, for a detour to Beijing. When she arrived in Beijing, she went to Tiananmen Square and shouted, "Falun Gong is good!" Next she went to the State Appeals Office to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested at the Appeals Office and taken back to Zhoukou. Zhoukou's 610 Office and Political and Security Committee sentenced her to three years in the Zhenzhou Women's Forced Labor Camp in 2001. A month later, she suffered again from the cerebral vascular disease. She was released. She didn't seek medical treatment after she was released, but the disease disappeared quickly.

After Li Chunmei was released, the school exerted more pressure on her family, who began to watch her even more closely.

Due to the CCP's pressure tactics, her husband was close to a mental breakdown. He cried in front of his friends and often sought escape in drink. He had to endure the injustice because he feared the CCP. He vented his anger on his wife. He cursed and beat Li Chunmei constantly.

When Shi Xuezeng told the school's assistant secretary that he physically abused Li Chunmei, he was told, "You should not beat your wife for other matters, but it's okay to beat her for practicing Falun Gong."

To prepare for the school's upgrade to a college, the school's supervisors asked to talk with Shi Xuezeng. After the meeting, Shi Xuezeng had a talk with his two sons and they decided to keep Li Chunmei in a detention center for 14 days without a legal reason.

In 2002, when Zhoukou Teacher's Academy was in its final approval stage to convert to a college, the school's supervisors didn't feel safe unless they locked Li Chunmei up. They told Shi Xuezeng that the only way to ensure a successful application was to take Li Chunmei to a forced labor camp and that Shi Xuezeng or Shi Gang had to guarantee in writing that she would not create any "problem" if they agreed not to take her to a forced labor camp. They told the father and son that the person who gave his guarantee would be fired if Li Chunmei should create any problems in the future. Neither of them was willing to make the guarantee, so the school's CCP members, the 610 Office, and the Political and Security Committee unlawfully arrested Li Chunmei and attempted to take her to a forced labor camp.

After meeting Li Chunmei on the stairs, they forced her downstairs. During the struggle, Li Chummei tripped and fell down the stairs. They panicked and reported the accident to their supervisors. They had to abort the attempt to take her to a forced labor camp.

13. Ms. Lu Shuying, a Retired Kindergarten Teacher in Huaiyang County, Sentenced to Ten Years in Prison

Ms. Lu Shuying, retired, was a schoolteacher at Huaiyang County Kindergarten. After being repeatedly persecuted, she was sentenced to ten years in Xinxiang Women's Prison in 2003. She has not been released yet.

14. Epilogue

There are many more practitioners in the field of education in the Zhoukou area who have suffered under the CCP's brutal persecution. There are practitioners in Xiangcheng that have been persecuted to death. A schoolteacher in Luyi was fired for giving a student a Falun Gong amulet. A male schoolteacher in Shangshui suffered a mental collapse because of cruel torture during his illegal incarceration. Practitioners working in schools in the Chuanhui District of Zhoukou, Zhoukou Technology Academy, Zhoukou Traffic and Technology Academy, Zhoukou Defense Academy, and Zhoukou Defense Academy's Medical Hospital also faced illegal fines and imprisonment in detention centers and prisons.

As soon as possible, we will collect and report additional facts of the persecution.