Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Li Enying Died from Torture - His Family Placed Under Surveillance for Seeking Justice (Photos)

August 09, 2007 |  

Li Enying

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Enying from Tanghai County, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, passed away on July 29, 2007, after being tortured at the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. His family spotted large bruises on his back and behind his ears and called the police after failing to identify the cause of death. When they went to the Tanghai County Police Department and demanded an explanation, the police were quite afraid. They tried to evade responsibility and sent officers to watch Li Enying's family near their home.

Li Enying from Tanghai County, Tangshan City, deceased

Bruises on Li Enying's body

Li Enying's family is destitute as a result of long-term persecution. They could not afford a storage fee for the body and other costs, so they cremated the body on the morning of August 1, 2007. They hung a banner on each side of the coffin on the way to the crematory. The banners read, "Li Enying died from persecution;" "Heaven will not tolerate the persecution of good people."

It was market day, and many villagers stopped by to watch the procession. Some said, "The Communist Party is finished. How could they just kill a good man like this?" "The more the Party doesn't allow people to believe [in Falun Gong] and the more it does things like this, the more people will find out that Falun Gong is good."

Li Enying was illegally arrested again during exile. Participating in the act were officers from Tangshan City Police Department. It happened in the afternoon on January 19, 2007. He was held in Group 3 at the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp where he was forced to sit on a small stool for days, during which time he was deprived of sleep. He refused to reform and was savagely beaten. Mr. Li was on the brink of death after five months and twenty days, and was eventually taken to three hospitals, all of which said he was beyond medical help. The labor camp authorities did not want to shoulder the responsibility, so they told his family to take him home on July 4, 2007.

When Li Enying was first taken home he had whole-body edema and difficulty eating and breathing, he coughed violently and continuously coughed up phlegm. He could not lie down, as doing so would make it impossible for him to breathe. He was delusional and could not tell the time of day. He passed away on July 17, thirteen days after his release.

Other Falun Gong practitioners sent condolence wreaths and wrote epithets, "Rescue sentient beings to fulfill a grand vow - mighty virtue forever remains in the human world;" "Heaven will not tolerate the persecution of a good person, yet no one knows the sorrows of a parent bidding farewell." Li Enying's wife wrote a message that tells of Li Enying's life and the persecution. She expressed the family's grief and also hoped the evildoers would correct themselves, and all people would learn the truth. The message is posted in front of Li Enying's home, and its translation is as follows.

My Husband Died From Persecution

"Dear relatives, friends and fellow villagers:

On behalf of my family, I thank all of you for your concern and help.

I write with a heavy heart, as my husband did not die from natural causes. My husband Li Enying was 53 years old. He had started Falun Gong practice in 1997. He gained strength and was caring toward everyone around him. Many people witnessed the beauty of Falun Dafa through him, and they started practicing as well.

Jiang Zemin launched the brutal persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Li Enying was arrested four times between 1999 and 2007. Eight thousand yuan was extorted from him at the Wunongchang Police Station in Tanghai County. Three guards at Tanghai County Detention Center beat him until he was covered with blood. My son remains single to this day because we cannot afford the costs associated with a marriage. The mental and physical trauma caused by the persecution is beyond description.

After officers from the Tanghai County Police Department arrested my husband, the persecutors held him in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp without any due procedures. He was taken to the hospital only after he was physically devastated. Doctors at all three hospitals said they could not help him. We barely managed to get enough money for transportation to visit him at the labor camp, but the authorities denied us visitation rights, claiming we did not have our IDs, which the Tanghai County police had confiscated.

Li Enying was a very energetic person and our family's main breadwinner. He was working at a construction site at the time of his arrest. When we brought him home, he had difficulty eating and breathing. He suffered from a hacking cough and continuously coughed up phlegm. He could not catch his breath when he lay down. His entire body displayed severe edema, and he could not tell whether it was morning or afternoon. Based on his intermittent recollection, the labor camp authorities forced him to sit on a stool for days at a time and beat him because he refused to "reform."

He passed away on July 17, 13 days after he came home. My son lost his father, and my father-in-law, who is in his eighties, lost his son. My compatriots! We are good people who conduct ourselves according to Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance. Why must the Communist Party kill because of this?

I want to say this to anyone who was involved in my husband's persecution: Good deeds will be rewarded, and evildoing will be punished. I hope you can stop persecuting the innocent, and I hope this tragedy that has befallen us will never happen again."