Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Sun Shuxiang from Changchun City Tortured to Near Death Many Times

August 30, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On August 3, 2007, while distributing truth-clarifying materials, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Sun Shuxiang in Changchun City was reported and arrested by the police from Changxinjie Police Station.

At Changxinjie Police Station, Sun Shuxiang was forcibly photographed and fingerprinted. The police slapped her on the face, cuffed her hands to a chair and did not allow her to go to the restroom. Her hands swelled up from the handcuffs, which was extremely painful. After she was detained in the police station for 24 hours, she was sent to the No. 3 Detention Center in Shuangyang District. Because she had high blood pressure, the detention center refused to accept her. The police from Changxinjie Police Station had no choice but to release her.

For eight years, Sun Shuxiang persisted in clarifying the truth to people. She has been arrested at least 12 times. She suffered cruel tortures and was sent to a forced labor camp. Her husband was forced to divorce her due to threats and pressure from the police. Her grief-stricken mother passed away.

At the beginning of 2000, Sun Shuxiang tried to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong but was intercepted at Changsun Train Station. She was then arrested and detained at Daguang Detention Center.

In March 2000, because Sun Shuxiang practiced Falun Gong exercises in front of a bank on Yikuang Street, Li Zhengping from Xingyejie Police Station arrested her. She was then detained at the Balipu Detention Center in Changchun City.

At the end of April 2000, Sun Shuxiang went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested in Beijing. Later she was taken back to Changchun and was the detained at the Balipu Detention Center.

On May 14, 2000, Sun Shuxiang was sentenced to one year of forced labor and was detained in the No. 6 Division of Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Unable to withstand the brutal torture, she gave in and renounced Falun Gong. Several days later, all of her past diseases recurred. She was sent to the hospital for emergency rescue and was bailed out for medical treatment.

In 2001, local police Li Zhengping from Xingye Police Station went to Sun Shuxiang's home and pressured her husband to divorce her. When Sun Shuxiang refused to divorce, four or five police cuffed Sun Shuxiang's hands behind the back and onto a chair and beat her. They stated, "Do you agree to divorce? If not, we will send you to prison immediately." Sun Shuxiang was sent back to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. The police threatened and harassed Sun Shuxiang' s husband until he finally divorced her. A few months later, Sun Shuxiang's grief-stricken mother died.

In May 2002, Sun Shuxiang went to live with her father. The police from Beishanlu Police Station, Shuangyang District arrested her. Agents from the No. 1 Division of Changchun Police Department later interrogated her. She suffered brutal torture during the interrogation. She was tied up on the tiger bench. With high voltage electric batons, the guards shocked her all over her body repeatedly, including the finger tips, hands and arms, head, eyes, inner mouth, breasts, ribs, private parts and the tips of the toes. They especially shocked sensitive areas such as the breasts, ribs and private parts. Her whole body was covered with blisters. She was still unconscious the next day and was at the edge of the death. Later the police had to send her back home.

One day in 2003, at midnight, when Sun Shuxiang was staying at fellow practitioner Xing Guiling's home, a group of policemen with guns broke down the door with hammers and forcefully entered the room. They arrested both Sun Shucking and Xing Guiling and sent them to Luyuan District Police Department. They were detained in a metal cage and suffered the tiger bench torture.

On August 4, 2003, when Sun Shuxiang was putting up truth-clarifying posters near a university, she was arrested by a patrol officer and was sent to Nanguan District Police Department. There, the police slapped her on the face and banged her head against wall. She was tied to the tiger bench and was nearly suffocated with a plastic bag. Her feet were placed into a metal ring with a stick to adjust the size. The guards stepped on the stick to make the ring tighten. Ms. Sun lost conscious due to the extreme pain. She was later detained in the No. 3 Detention Center. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Only when she was about to die, did the police allow her family to take her back.

In March 2005, because Sun Shuxiang was reading a Dafa book on the train from Changchun City to Guangzhou City, the train security staff arrested her and took her to Changchun Railway Police Department, which later reported her to the Changchun City Police Department. Two policemen from Changchun City Police Department came and said after seeing her, "Oh, it's her. We cannot handle her. You deal with her with more experienced staff." The police in the railway police department took turns interrogating her for a whole day but got nothing. The only words written down on the interrogation form was "Name: Falun Gong." There was no signature or fingerprint. She was then detained in the railway detention center. Sun Shuxiang went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The next day she vomited a lot of blood. Afraid of being held responsible if she died, the police released her.

On November 3, 2006, Sun Shuxiang went to visit a fellow practitioner and was arrested by plainclothes police from the Development District Police Department. She was sent to the No. 3 Detention Center, and nine days later, she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. By this time, Sun Shuxiang had many symptoms of sickness due to the long-term abuse she suffered. The forced labor camp refused to accept her.

When Sun Shuxiang hadn't recovered completely, on January 17, 2007, she went to distribute truth-clarifying materials on Hongqi Street. Police dispatched over ten cars to chase and arrest her. One of the police cars overturned during the chase. Sun Suxiang suffered brutal torture at the Hongqi Police Station and was later sent to the No. 3 Detention Center. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Her life was in danger and she was sent to Changchun Prison Hospital. She vomited blood many times and had blood in her stool as well. Her heart rate was 170 bpm. She was often unconscious. Although her family repeatedly asked to bail her out for medical treatment, the police still refused to release her. More than 20 days later, when she was dying, she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. Since Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp refused to accept her, the police released her just before the Chinese New Year.

Changxinjie Police Station phone number: 86-431-82684215, 86-431-82674820

August 14, 2007