Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhou Huafang from Qingyang City, Gansu Province Dies as the Result of Torture

August 03, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou Huafang, 58, lived in the South Block of the Changqing Petroleum Field Transportation Division in Qingcheng County, Qingyang City, Gansu Province. In August 2003, she went to Beijing to appeal, and she was arrested on Tiananmen Square. She was picked up by police from Qingcheng County Department, and she was taken under custody in the Transportation Division Police Department. She was then cuffed to the electricity pole overnight and pressured to write a guarantee statement, and police officer He Jianguo (male) punched and kicked her. They tried to extort several thousand yuan in cash from her family to secure her release, but her family could not afford it. She was then sentenced to one year and nine months of forced labor to be served in the Lanzhou City Forced Labor Camp (also called the Gansu Province Second Forced Labor Camp).

Detained in the First Ward of Gansu Second Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Zhou Huafang endured cruel torture and forced brainwashing to the point of her suffering a nervous breakdown. She was as thin as a skeleton, and even her eyes looked slow and glazed over. Once in October 2003, she tried to leave a brainwashing session, and guard Yang (female, first name unknown) cursed her and had her cuffed for one week. She was beaten constantly, deprived of her right to eat, and forced to stand in the rain. Another time, she sat on a stool that a drug-addict prisoner wanted to sit on because she thought they meant for her to sit. Then the prisoners who were assigned to closely watch her beat her in the muddy rain and locked her in a solitary confinement for many days. She was continuously tortured and mistreated after being released from solitary confinement.

Ms. Zhou Huafang solidly believed in Master and Falun Dafa and never wrote a letter to renounce Dafa. She was transferred to the Jiuzhou Development Zone Prison in Lanzhou City, where she was tortured with electric baton shocking and other methods. Unknown drugs were forcibly injected into her. In the end, she went into a vegetative state due to mistreatment, and she was taken home in September 2005. After another two years of painful suffering, she died on July 3, 2007.