Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Relentless Torture Leads to the Death of Practitioner Ms. Pan Zhenghui from Hubei Province

August 19, 2007 |   By a Falun Dafa Practitioner in Hubei Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Pan Zhenghui, 61 years old, was a retired worker of Ezhou City Iron and Steel Company. She lived in Daqidun dormitory area in Ezhou City. After suffering relentless torture due to the orders of the vicious Chinese Communist Party (CCP), she died of a sudden cerebral hemorrhage on July 6, 2007 at 3 p.m.

Ms. Pan Zhenghui started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. Before that, she suffered from multiple illnesses, such as high blood pressure and had had a stroke. After she practiced Falun Gong, all her illnesses were gone and she became a healthy and happy person. She treated everyone kindly, her family members and all practitioners from Xishan and Bayi Falun Gong practice sites knew her as a very kind and helpful person.

Since the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Pan was distraught. She went to Beijing on July 5, 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong, in attempt to let the Chinese Communist government know the truth about Falun Gong and stop the persecution. However, at Hankou City Railroad Station, she was intercepted by the policemen of Security Department of Ezhou Iron & Steel Company (which is the current Xishan Police Station under Ezhou City Police Department). Officers Zhou Qichi and Ye Xueli from the company Security Department took away all her money, 303 yuan in total. She was unjustly put under administrative custody for fifteen days by the Echeng District Police Department, which is under Ezhou City Police Department.

Ever since then, Ms. Pan Zhenghui suffered endless persecution. Many times, she was detained, her family's home ransacked, and she was interrogated, body-searched, watched, followed, sent to brainwashing centers, and so on. The CCP's implication policy also made Ms. Pan's family members suffer. Many times, her grown children were laid-off from work so as to persecute Ms. Pan. Under pressure, Ms. Pan's son was forced to sign a contract with the 610 Office of the Ezhou Iron & Steel Company to monitor his mother and to make sure she did not practice or appeal the persecution. What he did every day was to keep watch on his mother at home. The contract stipulated that her son's wages and bonuses were tied to how well he watched his mother. His son once knelt in front of her to beg her to give up Falun Gong. He even slit his wrist, threatening to kill himself if she did not give up practicing Falun Gong. He monitored his mother for as long as two years. Her son's wife, who used to treat Ms. Pan very well, swore and humiliated Ms. Pan and Ms. Pan's husband many times, because of the losses that her family had suffered as a result of her not giving up Falun Gong.

In mid-September of 2000, Ms. Pan was arrested and brought to Heluoyuan Brainwashing Center in Dongguo Town of Ezhou City (where the first brainwashing class was held). Ms. Pan's husband, Mr. Wang, suddenly suffered a cerebral hemorrhage because of the the intense pressure he suffered from repeated harassment. He almost died. Although his life was saved, he became paralyzed. He has been bedridden ever since, and he has completely lost the ability to take care of himself. Over the years, he completely relied on Ms. Pan's care.

On January 5, 2002, Xishan Police Station unreasonably arrested Pan Zhenghui and put her under administrative custody for fifteen days.

In September 2003, Echeng Steel & Iron Group Company conspired with the Ezhou City 610 Office, and brought in some collaborators from Shayang Forced Labor Camp and Hubei Province Brainwashing Center. They held a brainwashing class in Lianhuashan of Ezhou City. Ms. Pan Zhenghui and many other practitioners from the same company were forcibly taken there for brainwashing. They were all subjected to different degrees of tortures, such as being slapped in the face, deprived of sleep, threatened, having mind games played on them, etc. They were also forced to write statements renouncing Falun Dafa. The tortures caused lasting injury to the both the mind and body.

By closely following the CCP's policies on persecuting Falun Gong, the then leader of the Ezhou Iron & Steel Company, Chen Jieming spent a huge amount of money on persecuting Falun Gong. In 2004, both Chen and the then Ezhou City CCP Committee Secretary Ma Ronghua were removed from their positions due to their crimes of corruption. They also lost their qualifications as representatives for the National People's Congress for the Communist regime. They were both arrested. In the case of Chen Jieming's embezzlements, over fifty high-rank officials in Ezhou Iron & Steel Company were implicated; many of them were involved in the persecution of Falun Gong.

On July 25, 2005, in Hubei Province Brainwashing Center, Ms. Ling Hanlan renounced Falun Gong and betrayed a number of Falun Gong practitioners in Ezhou City; as a result, many practitioners were arrested. Ms. Pan was forced to leave her home to avoid persecution, and later she went to Huangshi City. On March 26, 2006, Ms. Pan was arrested in Yuanjian Third Village in Xisaishan District of Huangshi City by evil policemen Zhou Qichi, Liu Shaofa, and others from Xishan Police Station of Ezhou City Police Department. She was detained in the First Detention Center of Ezhou City. On April 27, she was officially arrested by Echeng District ProcuratorateProcuratorate> in Ezhou City.

When being detained, Ms. Pan suffered from inhumane treatments. She slept on the bare concrete floor for a long time (there were not enough bed spaces for all the inmates and practitioners let others sleep on the bed). For several months, her hair was full of ants and bugs, but she did not have a comb. Her eyeglasses for her severe near-sighted vision were taken away, so she could hardly take care of herself. She was often put in special handcuffs and shackles, that are specially made for death row inmates. She was berated and beaten on a daily basis. What she was given to eat was worse than pig or dog food; even so, her food was often taken away by other inmates. Xiong, the director of the First Detention Center of Ezhou City, beat and swore at Ms. Pan multiple times. He also grabbed Ms. Pan's hair and dragged her through the entire detention center. He also instructed the guards to use a pair of scissors to pry her mouth open for force-feeding while she was on a hunger strike, causing many of Ms. Pan's teeth to loosen.

In the end, Ms. Pan's life was in peril, due to the tortures. The detention center officials were afraid of being held responsible, so they released Ms. Pan to "await trial while on parole" on September 6, 2006. Two inmates carried her out of the detention center as she was still unconscious. A mismatched pair of shoes were put on her bare feet. Her family members took her from the detention center to the hospital of Echeng Iron & Steel Company for emergency treatment. Even so, the evil people from Ezhou City 610 Office still did not let up. On September 20, 2006, Echeng District Court illegally sentenced Ms. Pan to three years of imprisonment citing the claim that Ms. Pan had given Ling Hanfeng several copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.

On October 2, 2006, Ms. Pan filed an appeal to Ezhou City's Intermediate Court, demanding to be released unconditionally. However, like all other Falun Gong practitioners' appeals, the court denied her appeal. A friend in the legal and judicial system revealed that it is not according to the law but the decision of the 610 Office of Ezhou City that decides the sentences given to Falun Gong practitioners and the duration of the sentences.

In January 5, 2007, the Echeng District Court informed Ms. Pan of the decision of temporarily allowing her to serve the sentence outside the prison.

On July 6, 2007 at 3 p.m., Ms. Pan Zhenghui suffered a sudden cerebral hemorrhage and passed away.

According to her husband, Ms. Pan's had been very healthy since she practiced Falun Gong. After coming back home from the detention center, Ms. Pan's health quickly recovered through her practicing Falun Gong. However, her blood pressure had been very high. In only ten months, she suddenly died. Ms. Pan's family members suspect that her death is related to the inhumane torture, and the force-feeding of food and drugs that she had received while she was detained. It is still unknown what kind of drugs that detention center director Xiong had force-fed her. We call for help to further investigate this case.

Mr. Wang, Ms. Pan's husband said that she was a good wife. Two days before her death, Pan Zhenghui bought some new clothes for him, took him out for a haircut and helped him take a bath. Mr. Wang could not help from shedding tears. Mr. Wang was paralyzed and stayed in bed, and could not sleep for a quite a long time. But, remarkably, after he recited "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is good! Falun Dafa is good!" and listened to the tapes of Master Li's lectures, he was able to walk and talk.

Some evidence documenting the persecution Ms. Pan suffered:

Evidence One: The Notice of Administrative Custody from Xishan Police Department of Ezhou City Police Department - No. 03 (2006) (Date: March 24, 2006; Persons in charge of the Case: Zhou Qichi and Liu Shaofa)

Evidence Two: The Prosecution Letter from Echeng District Procuratorate in Ezhou City - No. 142 (2006) (Procurator: Ruan Zheng; Date: July 7, 2006)

Evidence Three: The Letter of Verdict from Echeng District People's Court in Ezhou City - No. 181 (2006) (Chairing Judge: Jiang Haiqing, Judge: Gao Hong and Zhou Xiaojuan; Clerk: Yang Hui; Date: September 20, 2006)

Evidence Four: The Letter of Verdict from Ezhou City Intermediate Court - No. 31 (2006) (Chairing Judge: Chen Yangde; Judges: Jin Ze'an and Song Yiqin; Clerk: Tong Weicheng; Date: November 20, 2006)

Evidence Five: The Temporary Approval of Allowing the Serving of Sentence outside Prison, from Echeng District People's Court - No. 1 (2007) (Date: January 5, 2007)

Evidence Six: The Notice of Allowing the Criminals to Serve the Sentence outside the Prisons, from Echeng District People's Court in Ezhou City (No. 6)

August 2, 2007