Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Yu Peiying and Her Two Daughters From Shanghai Severely Persecuted; Eldest Daughter Tortured to Death

August 15, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Ms. Yu Peiying, 71, was arrested a second time in 2004 and sentenced to three years of illegal imprisonment. In September 2005, she was released on bail for medical treatment due to a stroke. The Shanghai 610 Office and the local neighborhood committee continue to monitor and follow the elderly lady. During the past eight years of persecution, Ms. Yu's health has been deteriorating, with the most prominent symptoms being weakened memory and delays in thinking and talking.

Ms. Yu Peiying resides in Yongxing Street, Zhabei District of Shanghai. In the past, she looked vigorous and vibrant, in spite of her old age. During her first forced labor term, she was locked up in a solitary cell for a long time, and was forced to sit from 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. or even later. Her buttocks ulcerated due to the over 18 hours of sitting.

Soon after Ms. Yu was released from the labor camp, her eldest daughter Li Weihong passed away in April 2003. In March 2004, Ms. Yu was arrested for a second time because the local 610 Office searched her home and found over 40 copies of Falun Gong materials. In spite of her old age, and the fact that her eldest daughter had recently died as a result of persecution and her youngest daughter was still serving an eight-year prison term, the local 610 Office sentenced her to three years of imprisonment. When she was transferred to the Shanghai Songjiang Women's Prison, she was not even able to speak normally.

Youngest Daughter Li Weiling Sentenced to 8 Years

Ms. Li Weiling, around 40, lived at Wuyi Street, Changning District, Shanghai. She worked as a salesperson at the First Food Market of Shanghai. In 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested. The local police sent her to a mental hospital and she was subjected to a forced injection of drugs that damaged her nervous system. In 2000, she went to Beijing again to appeal for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. She was taken back to Shanghai and detained at the Changning District Detention Center, where she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was brutally force-fed. When Ms. Li resisted the force-feeding, several guards jumped on her, some holding down her arms, some putting handcuffs on her, and some sitting on her stomach. Some pushed the feeding tube down her throat, causing her esophagus to break and blood to gush out.

Ms. Li Weiling held onto righteous thoughts while she was facing the inhuman persecution and after 15 days she was released from the detention center. However, the local police and the neighborhood committee kept harassing her at home. As a result, she had to flee from her home and wander on the streets in order to better do things to validate the Fa. In January 2001, while she was in Shandong Province clarifying the truth about Falun Gong, she was arrested by the local authorities and sent back to Shanghai. Later, she was sentenced to eight years of imprisonment. She is still detained in the Songjiang Women's Prison.

Recently it has been reported that Ms. Li Weiling, currently being held in the Fifth Team of Songjiang Women's Prison, has kidney stones and often faints. Her family requested that she be released on bail for medical treatment but the prison authorities refused.

Eldest Daughter Li Weihong Tortured To Death

Ms. Li Weihong, around 43 at the time, lived at Hongtai Street, Zhabei District, Shanghai. She worked as a salesperson at the West Nanjing Street Department Store in Shanghai. In 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested and detained by the Shanghai Police. In 2000, she was arrested in Pudong New District while she was clarifying the truth. She managed to escape from the police station. From then on she had to live a homeless life, wandering on the streets to avoid persecution. While she was homeless, she distributed Falun Gong materials with other practitioners. In 2000, she went to Wenzhou City of Zhejiang Province to clarify the truth. She was arrested by the local police, who force-fed her with pepper water that caused her to roll back and forth on the ground in severe pain. The pepper water force-feeding also caused severe injury to her esophagus, liver, intestines and other organs. Later, Ms. Li Weihong was sentenced to one year of imprisonment and released on bail for medical treatment. She was hospitalized in the Jing'an District Central Hospital of Shanghai, where the doctor found out after surgery that her stomach and intestines had ulcerated. On April 19, 2003, Ms. Li Weihong passed away.

Telephone area code: 021

Police station in charge of the district where Yu Peiying resides: Zhijiangxi Street Police Station at No. 163 Zhijiangxi Street, phone: 86-21-56906596; policeman Qiu Bo

Shanghai City Women's Prison: 86-21-57616779 (Fax)

Shi Lei, squadron commander of the First Squadron (where practitioners are strictly disciplined) in the Fifth Team

Yuan, head of the Fifth Team

Disciplinary Committee of Shanghai City Women's Prison

Fan Tianmin, warden of Shanghai City Women's Prison

Li Ying, deputy warden of Shanghai City Women's Prison

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/2/19/57689.html

August 3, 2007