Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Wei Fengju, a Teacher from Dongfeng County, Jilin Province, Dies after Six Years of Persecution in Forced Labor Camps (Photos)

July 20, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wei Fengju was a teacher at the Dongfeng County No. 4 Middle School in Jilin Province. She was illegally sentenced to forced labor three times, for a total of almost six years. During the detention she became very debilitated and was no longer able to work. On April 13, 2007, she was released and returned home. After three months, her health still had not recovered. She was very thin and not able to take care of herself. At 4:15 p.m. on July 12, 2007, she died at the age of 50.

High Resolution Picture
Wei Fengju at a young age

While in detention, Ms. Wei was subjected to all kinds of torture. Guards shocked her with electric batons. Her mouth became disfigured. When she was detained in the labor camp the last time, around the 2007 Chinese New Year, she had pain in her abdomen and could not eat. She asked to see a doctor. Since the doctor of the camp clinic was not around, her pain was not treated until she was released. After going home, she became emaciated and could not eat. Her situation got worse and worse, and in the end, her urine became bloody.

Wei Fengju on July 11, 2007 , the day before she passed away

Wei Fengju started cultivating Falun Dafa before 1998, and many illnesses she had disappeared without a trace. After the Jiang regime started to persecute Falun Gong on July 22, 1999, she still sincerely cultivated. She was arrested on December 30, 1999, because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. On the night of January 1, 2000, policeman Chen Shuangyou from the Dongfeng County Political Security Section (now the National Security Team) in Jilin Province escorted her back by train. She was detained in the First Division of the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for a year.

In the First Division of the Heizuizi Labor Camp, practitioners were forced to work hard for 17 to 20 hours per day. They could only sleep for an hour or two at night. Sometimes they were not allowed to sleep at all. The guards also ordered other inmates to take turns watching the practitioners. They did not allow practitioners to talk to each other. In winter, practitioners had to use icy cold water to shower. One day, all the team leaders, guards from the First Division, policeman Yang, and Chief Lian from the administration section forced the practitioners in the First Division to stand in line. They shocked every practitioner with electric batons. The guards shocked Wei Fengju's chest.

Wei Fengju's term was extended by two months. She was released in March 2001. The school did not restore her position, so she had no source of income. Her husband divorced her and did not leave her any property. She did not have any place to stay. Her child was just 15 years old at that time and there was no one to take care of the child.

On January 15, 2002, Wei Fengju was arrested again because she clarified the truth about Falun Gong. She was detained in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for over three years. She was released in the first half of 2005. She went to her old school to ask for her job back, but the school did not restore her position. The 610 Office, the politics and law committee, the education bureau, and the school in Dongfeng County shifted responsibility from one to the other. Later they framed her and asked her if she still practiced Falun Dafa. She said, "Yes." Then they told her to sign a document. After she signed the document, they took the document as "evidence" for her arrest. They followed her for twenty days and arrested her again in October 2005. She was detained in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years, and was released on April 30, 2007.

While Wei Fengju was detained, her mother passed away after being paralyzed in bed for 18 years. Camp officials did not allow Wei Fengju to go home and see her mother's face for the last time. The camp never allowed her family members to visit her.

After going home, Wei Fengju never regained her health. She had a poor and difficult life. She could not take care of herself and was very thin. Only her 70-year-old father took care of her. Her elderly father was very worried when he saw that his daughter had been so severely persecuted. Soon, his health became worse and by the time of her death, he could barely walk.

Zhang Baocheng, secretary of the Politics and Law Committee: 86-437-6216968, 86-437-6210265
Zhang Zhiting, director of the Dongfeng Police Department: 86-437-6222794, 86-437-3247998, 86-13904375928 (Cell)
Pan Dong, deputy director of the Dongfeng County Police Department: 86-437-6224393, 86-13504375166 (Cell)
Li Wensheng, director of the Dongfeng 610 Office: 86-13504372728 (Cell)
Gu Jiahai, chief of the National Security Team: 86-13904371222 (Cell), 86-437-6215022