Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Senior Instructor He Yingqing of Changsha City, Hunan Province Died as a Result of Persecution in a Labor Camp

July 02, 2007 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Hunan Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. He Yingqing was a senior instructor at the Hunan Vocational Institute of Biological, Mechanical & Electrical Technologies. After eight years of persecution, she was released from the Baimalong Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City at the beginning of 2007. After she returned home, she could not recover her health. On June 24, 2007, she passed away at the age of 41.

Ms. He Yingqing was a mathematics teacher at the Hunan Vocational Institute of Biological, Mechanical & Electrical Technologies. She was very professional and an excellent teacher. Later, she was appointed as the director of the Mathematics Team and promoted to senior instructor.

At the beginning of 1999, Ms. He Yingqing began practicing Falun Dafa. In July, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the evil persecution Falun Gong. During the eight years since then, until her death, Ms. He hardly had one peaceful day.

At the beginning of the persecution, several leaders and security personnel from the Vocational Institute kept harassing Ms. He Yingqing. At the beginning of 2001, the college forcibly sent her to a brainwashing center in Furong District, Changsha City.

Ms. He was detained in the brainwashing center for over a year. At the beginning of October 2002, the institute contacted the relevant departments and sent Ms. He to the Baimalong Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City. The CCP personnel from the institute told the labor camp: "No matter what measures you take, make her renounce her belief!"

During the two years in the Baimalong Labor Camp, Ms. He Yingqing was subjected to a variety of torture methods. In a period of about 60 days, she was only permitted to sleep for three hours per day. During the period of rest, she was forced to stand still. She was even prohibited from using the bathroom, or else the time for using the bathroom was strictly limited. In order to stop Ms. He from doing the exercises, the guards shocked her with electric batons for an entire day, which made her arms black and blue with bruises. Finally, the guards stopped because they feared that she might die.

Ms. He Yingqing was handcuffed continuously for 40 days for more than 20 hours a day, excluding mealtimes. There were many different methods of handcuffing used to make practitioners experience the most pain. For example, she was handcuffed with one hand coming up from her lower back and the other hand going over her shoulder with both hands handcuffed together, with the body bent, rendering her unable to stand up. Nonetheless, the guards deliberately ordered her to stand up straight. Sometimes they added a little wedge under the handcuffs to add more pressure while her body was handcuffed in an arched shape. The guards on duty laughed and nicknamed this torture 'modeling'. In that position, in less than ten minutes both hands go numb from the pressure on the nerves. After the cuffs were removed, her hands were weak and unable to grasp anything. One of her hands remained completely numb and devoid of sensation. There was a wound on each wrist about an inch wide and so deep it touched bone, due to the long-term handcuffing.

Despite suffering inhuman tortures, Ms. He Yingqing still firmly believed in Dafa. In order to protest the persecution, she went on hunger strike in June 2003. She did not stop the hunger strike until she was released in the beginning of 2004.

However, the persecution of Ms. He Yingqing did not end. Just after she was released from the labor camp, the lawless personnel from the institute arrested Ms. He and held her in a house on campus. Designated persons monitored her all day long. She had no personal freedom. Even when she visited her relatives and friends, someone "accompanied" her. In the blazing sun on the hottest summer days, Ms. He was ordered to weed the experimental field on campus. The institute also threatened to send her to a "higher level of brainwashing center."

In July 2005, Ms. He was caught distributing truth-clarifying materials. She was arrested again and sent to the Baimalong Labor Camp. During the detention term, Ms. He started to urinate blood, and she often felt unidentified pains, which continued until she passed away.

At the beginning of 2007, Ms. He was released from the Baimalong Labor Camp. After she returned home, the vocational institute did not restore her post. Instead, they gave her some housekeeping chores. Although the institute leaders and the personnel in the security section clearly knew about the inhuman tortures Ms. He Yingqing suffered over the past several years, they did not show any concern for her. Instead, they kept questioning and threatening her.

Under huge mental pressure and physical strain for many years, 41-year-old He Yingqing passed away on the night of June 24, 2007.

The lawless personnel of the Baimalong Labor Camp and the Hunan vocational institute cannot deny their responsibility. They are directly responsible for He Yingqing's death.

Relevant phone numbers:

Hu Shuguang: 86-731-4637021 (Office), 86-731-5524419 (Home)
Fang Xiangyang: 86-731-4637118 (Office), 86-731-4615698 (Home)
Cao Taiyi, in charge of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners: 86-731-4637017 (Office), 86-731-4636678 (Home), 86-13875813208 (Cell)
Liang Yong: 86-731-4637018 (Office), 86-731-4615750 (Home), 86-13508498690 (Cell)
Wang Guanxiong: 86-731-4637012 (Office), 86-731-4636739 (Home), 86-13687306326 (Cell)
He Jianhu: 86-731-4637022 (Office), 86-731-4636888 (Home), 86-1397485948 (Cell)
Xia Daming: 86-731-4637019 (Office), 86-731-4438321 (Home), 86-13017282259 (Cell)
Guo Xiuyun: 86-731-4637128 (Office), 86-731-4618696 (Home), 86-13975818128 (Cell)