Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Relentless Abuse that Led to the Death of Ms. Cao Xiaoling from Laishui County, Hebei Province

June 24, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Cao Xiaoling passed away as a result of the persecution by the officers of Laishui County. These days the skies have been murky gray. It is wet and depressing, and sometimes it rains, reflecting the sadness that such a kindhearted woman was so cruelly persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for eight years until she passed away in May 2007.

Ms. Cao Xiaoling was from Dongguan Village, Laishui Town, Laishui County, Hebei Province. Before she began to practice Falun Gong she had a lot of illnesses, the most serious being phlebitis. Her husband was a famous veteran doctor in the region where they lived, but he knew of no way to cure her, and only looked on helplessly when she suffered the pain of her condition.

In 1996, Ms. Cao obtained the Fa, and after practicing Falun Gong she completely changed from within and looked very healthy. Her improvement also brought great change to her family. Her family became a happy one. It was Dafa that brought such joy to her family. Dafa gave her a new life.

In July 1999 the CCP and Jiang Zemin's regime began the rampant persecution of Falun Gong. Overnight, the propaganda against Falun Dafa had spread all over the country. Ms. Cao Xiaoling, who benefited from Dafa, was harassed unceasingly by the local government; therefore, she went to Beijing to appeal and validate Dafa with her personal experience. As a result, she was cruelly persecuted by Han Yasheng, Sun Guijie, Liu Yaohua, Hu Yuxiang and Liu Zhenfu from Laishui County.

In October 1999 Cao Xiaoling was arrested and taken to the target practice field. They tortured her in order to try to "transform" her. In addition, Han Yasheng and Sun Guijie incited the guards to force her and other practitioners to kneel on the bricks face-to-face. They also forced them to beat each other's faces and stipulated that each person must hit from 800 to 1000 times. Furthermore, the guards personally beat the practitioners, and when their hands were in too much pain because of the beating, they beat with the sole of a shoe. When the sole broke they used a truncheon. The guards forced the practitioners to run and then scramble on the ground and in the dunghill. In addition, they did not allow them to sleep. At that time Ms. Cao's two daughters were also illegally detained at the target practice field because they had gone to Beijing to appeal. Liu Yaohua intimidated Ms. Cao's second daughter, "Hasn't your myopia disappeared because of practicing Falun Gong? We will test you, and if the test results show that you have myopia we will punish you." The test results were normal. As a result, her daughter avoided a beating. The evildoers extorted 1,000 yuan from her and 3,000 each from three other members of her family.

When Ms. Cao and her daughter were detained at the target practice field, her husband was also arrested and detained in the Laishui Town Government building. There was no one to take care of their son who was studying in elementary school, and their clinic was forced to close. In addition, the officials from Laishui Town ransacked their house many times. As a result, their house was empty. Even bowls and basins were stolen. They pried open the gate to the yard and left it hanging open. The yard was full of trampled plants and weeds, and the doors and windows were wide open.

In April 2000 members of the Procuratorate tried to "transform" her in the Party school. They took her and other practitioners to the backyard of the white building at the Party School. They pushed the practitioners to the ground and beat them in turn. As a result, the practitioners were beaten black and blue. Liao Zhigang from the Procuratorate had a whip studded with wires and followed Ms. Cao. When Ms. Cao did not eat, Liao Zhigang lashed her, and he and his accomplice enjoyed what they did. In fact, they did not know that they were in violation of the law.

When it was nearly July 20, 2000, Laishui Town officials arrested her again, fearing that she might go to Beijing to appeal. They detained her in the ward that was privately set up by Laishui Town. The ward was a rebuilt kitchen, and all the windows were welded with reinforced steel bars. The door of the ward was locked from morning to night, and the ward was very dark and full of filthy oil and coal. Some straw was put on the ground and that was where Ms. Cao slept. She was detained there for nearly one year. During that time the chief of Laishui Town, Liu Zhenfu; the secretary of Laishui Town, Hu Yuxiang; the deputy secretary, Li Dawei; Han Dianqing; and Han Jingjiu tortured her cruelly. They forced the practitioners to kneel on the pavement in the Town Government's yard. At that time Liu Zhenfu and others used lethal weapons to severely beat Ms. Cao and the other practitioners who did not "transform." The truncheon held by Liu Zhenfu was as wide as a bowl, and it was broken because he beat so brutally. On the third floor of the Town Government Liu Zhenfu beat Ms. Cao with a steel bar truncheon and forced her daughter to watch. During her detention in Laishui Town, they did not give her food or water. Only if her family sent food to her could she eat. If her family did not have time to send food, she went hungry. In addition, she could go to the toilet only after getting permission in advance. From July to December 2000 the secretary of Laishui Town, who was newly appointed, beat the practitioners inhumanely because they clarified the truth to him. Later on he took her and other practitioners to the Laishui County Detention Center to detain them. On December 27, 2000, Ms. Cao Xiaoling was paraded through the street to humiliate her.

From 2001 to 2003, Ms. Cao Xiaoling suffered the most severe persecution. Her whole family suffered from persecution for practicing Falun Gong. Her husband was detained at the Laishui County Detention Center; her younger brother was sentenced to forced labor; another younger brother was sentenced to 13 years in prison. At first, her younger brother's wife became homeless, but later she was sentenced to forced labor. Her teenage nephew was detained in another city; her teenage son was detained; and her family had no income. In addition, because of being detained, her young son was traumatized deeply. An intelligent child who was loved by his teachers discontinued his studies.

The officials of Laishui County, the police department, and Laishui Town relentlessly harassed Ms. Cao, who had recently been released, and ransacked her house. At that time, she heard that her husband, who was in the detention center, was dying. Even in this circumstance, Laishui County Police Department still would not release her husband. Instead, they took him to the Baoding City Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp. Because of his weakened condition the labor camp refused to accept him. The police department continued to detain him. Eight months later they had to release him because he was very weak.

Cao Xiaoling's husband, Xia Shulong, who had recovered a little, went to request the certificate to run a clinic, but he was turned down. They said that because he practiced Falun Gong they would not give him the certificate. In order to support his family he had to make a living doing other work. He, a man over 50, went to work in a bathhouse helping other people bathe.

Whenever one of the sensitive dates approached, officials of the Laishui County 610 Office, the police department, and Laishui Town threatened and harassed Ms. Cao' family unceasingly. Under the pressure of all the horror, Ms. Cao Xiaoling became weaker and weaker. She died in May 2007. Her family was devastated.

The person who monitored her requested to join the CCP. To gain merit in the eyes of the CCP, this person said that he had always monitored Falun Gong practitioners.

June 8, 2007