Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Deng Zhixu from Yuxi City, Yunnan Province: I Was Persecuted

May 02, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Deng Zhixu and I am 29 years old. I am from Chunhe Township, Yuxi City, Yunnan Province. In 1998, my sister introduced me to Falun Gong. Later, my mother, our neighbors, Ms. Qu Shuxian and Ms. Qu Shuqiong, and Sun Lanxian, who was from a neighboring village, all started to practice Falun Gong. My mother's protruding discs were healed, and she is no longer hunchbacked. The numbness and pain in her legs ended. Qu Shuqiong's headaches and dizziness disappeared. Qu Shuxian and Sun Lanxian were never bothered again with the frequent colds they used to get. Some of us heard beautiful music from other dimensions and saw Faluns of different colors. We witnessed the miracles of Falun Dafa.

On July 20, 1999, because of his jealousy and selfishness, Jiang Zemin started a nationwide campaign of persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) abused its political power and used the nation's media to slander Falun Dafa and poison the minds of innocent people. However, we continued to practice and know that Falun Dafa will again be treated justly.

In October 2000, the government was still slandering Falun Gong. Two practitioners from Yuxi City were sentenced to a forced labor camp for three years, and two practitioners were held in a detention center. I and several other practitioners decided to go to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong.

On October 2, 2000, 13 of us boarded a train to Beijing and arrived on October 9. We met two other practitioners there, one of whom taught at Jilin University. The National Appeals Office had become the "practitioner arrest office." We thus went to Tiananmen Square to display a banner and shout "Falun Dafa is good!" Police immediately approached us and confiscated our banner. As a police officer grabbed my hair and dragged me away, I saw a big policeman hit Ms. Niu Yuqiong with a club. She was in her sixties. Ms. Niu immediately fell to the ground and passed out. As the police were taking us to a police car, some reporters from an unknown country saw how we were abused and tried to stop the car.

Officers from the Tiananmen Police Station took us to the Fangshan Detention Center and later transferred us to the Zhoukoudian Police Station. For the first two days there, I was not given anything to eat or drink, and I was not allowed to use the toilet. I was having my period, and the blood stained my pants. A fellow practitioner repeatedly tried to persuade the police officers to let me use the bathroom. Eventually, the officers working the next shift agreed. That practitioner gave me a clean pair of pants to put on. While we were detained, the officers often kicked me, slapped me, and slammed me against the wall. Next, I was transferred to the Fangshan Detention Center. Everyone who entered the center was stripped and examined. I was locked in a room with 40 other people; four of them were drug abusers, and the rest were all practitioners. They were from all over the country. One of them told me there were many other similar rooms full of practitioners.

On October 14, 2000, Zhu Jiayong from the Hongta Public Safety Bureau in Yuxi City and Xu Yan from the Chunhe Town government took me and other practitioners from Yuxi City back to Yuxi City. We were held in the Hongta District Detention Center, part of the Hongta Public Safety Bureau system in Yuxi. The purpose of the center was to persecute practitioners.

On October 14, Niu Yuqiong, Shen Yaoping and I were transferred to the Dabanqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Kunming City with a sentence of three years. I was assigned to the fifth sewing group in the First Brigade. People in that group had to work from 7:40 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day and were given only two meals. I felt so tense that I could barely move. The camp told the public that they issued wages to us. However, the wages were between seven and thirteen yuan per month, depending on performance. Sometimes a contract company wanted us to work overtime, so we had to work overnight. We had only 20 minutes to wash our face and feet. As for showering and laundry, we had to find time outside of work hours. Though it was winter and cold, we had to drink cold water and shower with cold water.

Falun Gong practitioners in the camp were also subjected to brainwashing. When I arrive at the camp in December, practitioners were on a hunger strike to protest the torture. Over forty of them were turned over to specialized guards and were humiliated by them.

On January 30, 2001, to intensify the hatred against Falun Gong and isolate the practitioners, the CCP staged the "self-immolation" incident on Tiananmen Square. Many days later, the camp officials gathered all practitioners in the camp and made us watch the faked incident via television.

In April 2006, my sister Deng Cuiping, and other two practitioners, Hua Lanxian (retired from the Yuxi Printing Company) and Gu Liqing (retired from Yuxi Station) went to Lianhuachi in Hongta District to distribute truth-clarification materials. Jin Yongqiang from the Lianhuachi General Security Office reported them to the police. Liu Shaowen and He Xiaopei from the Hongta District National Security arrested them and put them in a detention center for over six months.

On August 29, 2006, the Eshan County Court illegally tried the three practitioners. The practitioners refused to dress in prison clothes. To force the practitioners to wear the clothes, a Hongta District officer (in his twenties, badge number 530273) brutally beat Hua Lanxian (in her sixties) on the head until she fell to the floor. The officer then pulled her up and beat her on the back. Practitioner Gu Liqing (in her fifties) tried to stop the officer, but was also beaten. Hua Lanxian asked the judge to solve the problem of police brutality. The judge said that issue had nothing to do with the case and that Ms. Hua was spreading hearsay. By then, my sister was experiencing severe dizziness because she had been on a hunger strike for many days. The authorities refused to let her go to the hospital. In the end, the three practitioners were sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp.

On November 16, 2006, my two aunts, Qu Shuxian and Qu Shuqiong, Sun Lanxian and her daughter Liu Shuhua, Gui Qionghua from Huangguanying, Liu Huilan, and I went to Boyi to distribute truth-clarification materials. A villager reported us to the Chunhe Police Station and with a knife in his hand, tried to stop us from leaving. At around 5 p.m., He Xiaopei, Zhu Jiayong, and Zhang Surong from the National Security Team of the Hongta Division of the Yuxi Public Safety Bureau and officers from the Chunhe Police Station came and handcuffed us. They left us in a windy and freezing-cold open area and went to dinner. At around 10 p.m., they came back and took us to the Hongta Division of the Yuxi Public Safety Bureau and interrogated us. Liu Shuhua refused to cooperate. He Xiaopei was outraged and tried to choke Ms. Liu and assaulted her. We yelled and tried to stop He. He came back and beat Sun Lanxian and pushed her into a room. We yelled for help, and He stopped. He asked other police officers to handcuff Ms. Liu to the handrail in the outside hallway. At around 2 a.m., the officers shackled us all in the hallway. Liu Shuhua and I asked the officers to let the four seniors (Qu Shuxian, Qu Shuqiong, Sun Lanxian, Liu Huilan) go back to the room because it was too cold. Ms. Liu and I offered to stay outside. The officers finally agreed.

At around 6 a.m., Gui Qionghua and Liu Shuhua's handcuffs opened all of a sudden. I thought mine would open, but only one of them did. (Perhaps I wasn't confident enough). I managed to run away with the others and left the Hongta District Public Safety Bureau with one handcuff on my hand. The handcuff fell off soon after we left.