(Clearwisdom.net) The following is a description of the crimes committed by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) members against Falun Gong practitioners in Shanxi Province and Taiyuan City.
1. Du Yulin, male, Han nationality, born in June 1950, is from Hequ County, Shanxi Province. He held several county level CCP positions including the Mayor of Datong City and the general secretary of the CCP Committee of Linfen Region. Since 2000, he was promoted to the positions of member of the CCP Standing Committee of Shanxi Province and the general secretary of the Political and Legal Committee. On December 4, 2006, he was assigned two additional positions: director of the Police Department of Shanxi Province and general secretary of its CCP Committee. He is the primary person responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Shanxi Province. While the police, "procuratorates," and courts at each level directly carry out the persecution, it is the Political and Legal Committees in each level of the government that plan all the persecutions.
2. Zhou Peibing was the former associate director of Prison Management Bureau of Shanxi Province. He was promoted to the position of director of the Forced Labor Bureau of Shanxi Province and is responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Jinzhong Prison located in Qi County, Shanxi Province. Once at Jinzhong Prison, he saw that practitioners refused to be "transformed," so he yelled, "Beating you is not a problem!" Afterwards, the prison began to openly and viciously beat practitioners, even to death. Practitioner Mr. Liu Zhibin (also called Liu Jieyun) from Xiguan Village, Wuling Town, Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province, was tortured to death on July 20, 2004. The prison claimed that he died of a heart disease. However, when his family finally saw his body after repeated requests, they saw he had been beaten black and blue, his wrists had clear handcuff marks, and there were burn marks caused by electric baton shocks. Practitioner Kang Zhiguo, who lived at the Mine Bureau of Shanxi Province, also died from being severely beaten on May 18, 2005. Many others have been beaten and seriously wounded.
3. Lu Ping, political director of Xindian Woman's Forced Labor Camp of Shanxi Province is the main person responsible for persecuting practitioners in the womans forced labor comp. Prison guards Liu Zhongmei, Leihongzhen, Meng Hao, and Chen Chunxiang are the most vicious in torturing practitioners. Liu Zhongmei even shouted out, "Our task is to torture you to death."
4. Qi Baoshan, director of Xindian Men's Forced Labor Camp of Shanxi Province, and Gong Junsheng, head of the Training Team and the Third Team of the forced labor camp, are the main persons responsible in the persecution of practitioners in this camp. Gong Junsheng is extremely vicious and is directly responsible for the murder of practitioner Li Huiwen from Yangquan City. Prison guards Li Shuguo, Fan Lizhan, and Wang Weidong are the cruelest, and ruthlessly persecute practitioners. Prison guard Yao Hong is also involved.
5. The chief personnel responsible in "illegally arresting" practitioners in November 2006 included Shang Hua, associate director of Xinghualing Police Division; Wang Xingang, head of the National Security Team; Xiong Yanhong, head of the Legal Affair Office; Yue Yuzhong, political director of Sanqiao Police Station; and police officer Wu Ping from Sanqiao Police Station. They are also the ones responsible for persecuting practitioner Li Yan. Officers from the Wanbolin Police Department should also be held responsible for arresting practitioners in November 2006.
6. There are seven main perpetrators at Wanboling Police Division who persecute practitioners. They are Yang Meixi, former associate director who was promoted to director of Jiancaoping Police Division in May 2005; Bai Baoguo, former director in October 2002 during the persecution and was promoted to director of the Police Department of Taiyuan City; Gao Fanhuai, associate political instructor; and Zheng Yunsheng, head of the National Security Team in charge of persecuting practitioners. (He also tried to persuade some practitioners to provide information in order to persecute other practitioners, but failed.) Also, Bao Hongbin, head of the 610 Office and the former head of the Political and Security Office, who was given a second-class medal for his "deeds" of persecuting practitioners; Zhang Qifu, policeman from Ximing Police Station (he arrested practitioner Ms. Zhang Yan on November 24, 2006, and stole wine, a clock, and a sewing machine from her home); and policeman Li Jingfeng.
Yang Meixi, born in 1969, is the chief criminal. In August 1988, Yang started working as a policeman in Jiankuang Police Station of Wanboling Police Division. In July 2002, Yang was appointed to the position of associate director of Wanboling Police Division. He was promoted to director of Jiancaoping Police Division in May 2005.
On October 20, 2002, after illegally following and monitoring practitioners for three months, the "special case" police unit lead by Yang arrested 64 practitioners and tortured many of them to death. Yangs special unit was given the so-called "Group First-Class Medal" by the Chinese Police Department. Yang was interviewed by Li Lanqing, Luo Gan, and Zhou Yongkang, the top officials who are responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
Background of the case: On October 1, 2002, while distributing truth clarification materials in the South Xinghua Domestic Area of Taiyuan City, practitioner Kang Zhiguo was arrested by the police. The so-called "101 Major Case" Unit was created to persecute practitioners. As a result, a total of 64 practitioners were arrested. Yang Meixi was the director of the special unit, and Zheng Yunsheng from the anti-drug team was the associate director.
Eight practitioners out of the 64 were tortured to death. Practitioner Kang Zhiguo died from being tortured on May 18, 2005. Three practitioners from Shijiazhuang City, who were forced into homelessness, were also among the death toll. After officers from the Wanboling Police Division tortured practitioner Mr. Ding Lihong for a confession, he went on a hunger strike to protest the torture while detained at Taiyuan Detention Center. He was transferred to the Police Hospital of Shanxi Province (also known as the 109 Hospital), where he was further tortured and finally killed when he was brutally forced-fed on December 9, 2002. Practitioner Mao Yanping was tortured to death by policeman Li Jingfeng from Wanboling Police Division. Li Jingfeng has still not been punished for his crime. Practitioner Mr. Wang Zhiming was previously an English interpreter with the China National Garments Group Corporation. He was tortured to death on July 22, 2003, while being detained at Wanboling Detention Center. Jia Junfeng, the associate director of Wanboling Detention Center, and Dr. Ma were chiefly responsible for torturing practitioner Wang Zhiming to death.
On October 24, 2002, a few practitioners from Ermaokou Town of Huairen County, Suzhou City, went to the provincial government compound to post truth-clarification flyers. They were arrested at about 9:00 a.m.. At around 4:00 p.m. on the same day, the police tortured all four practitioners to death with electric batons. The practitioners were Ms. Yang Yanying, Ms. Zhang Aihua, Ms. Li Meilan, and Ms. Xing Yindi.
The other 56 practitioners have been subjected to constant and cruel tortures. Prison guard Zheng Yunsheng used his gun to shoot at practitioners Cui Zhongjiang and Meng Fengwei, and injured the legs of both of them.
7. In November 2006, 18 practitioners from Taiyuan City were arrested. Among them, practitioner Shi Boqi was tortured to death. The murderer is unknown and further investigation is needed. Practitioner Shi Boqi was 40 years old and lived in the dormitory of Xishan Mine Bureau in Taiyuan City. On November 14, 2006, practitioners Li Caiyun, Duan Fengqin, Shi Boqi, and Liu Yunlian were arrested by the police from Ximing Police Station of Wanbolin Police Division. They were detained and tortured in the Detention Center of Taiyuan City. Mr. Shi was tortured to death on December 5 in the 109 Hospital. The doctors who treated Mr. Shi before his death included Dr. Li Yaqin (female) and Chief Dr. Liu (female).
8. Although Jia Junfeng and detention center doctor Ma are the chief perpetrators in the persecution of practitioners in the Detention Center of Taiyuan City, the guards are also under investigation for their involvement. Currently the persecution is very intense. The Detention Center of the Wanbolin District is located on the first floor (Tel: 86-351-6075974) of a building. The Detention Center of Taiyuan City is located on the second and third floor of the same building. It is now known that practitioners detained there are tortured with electric batons. They are beaten until they have lost consciousness and detained inside small iron cages. The cages are so small that the victims can only squat down with their heads bent forward and their hands cuffed behind their backs. They are left in this painful position for a very long time.
9. Han Mizhong is the head of the 610 Office of Taiyuan Police Department. His cellphone number is 86-13903435368.
10. The chief criminals of Jinzhong Prison include Prison Director Yang Huilong and Police Instructor of the Thirteenth Team (also called the Assembly Training Team) Zhang Feng.
Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Zhang Feng has been in charge of brainwashing practitioners. He also instigates and supports criminals to monitor and brutally torture practitioners. When practitioners report the tortures to Zhang, he simply replies, "I know." Many times, the criminals have openly beaten practitioners in front of Zhang.
In the so-called "Civil Team," practitioners have been tortured by every brutal means imaginable. Criminal inmate Liu Shangsen and others were praised for torturing practitioners. Some of the criminals have even received a reduction in their terms and have been transferred to a so-called interview room where they are more comfortable as a result of their involvement in torturing practitioners. Zhang Feng is the instructor of the "Civil Team." He was awarded the "Expert at 'Transforming' [Falun Gong practitioners]" by the Prison Bureau of Shanxi Province. Because he actively follows the CCP to persecute practitioners, he was also awarded the "Personal Second-Class Medal."
Prison guard Han Xiaoliang from the Eighth Sub-ward of the Fifth Division is very vicious. On July 20, 2004, Han tortured practitioner Liu Zhibin to death. To hide his crime, he instigated several convicted criminals to provide false evidence that Mr. Liu died of heart disease. Without the permission of Mr. Lius family, Han had Mr. Lius body cremated in order to destroy all evidence of his crime.
Prison guard Liu Hongbin is the instructor of the Seventh Sub-ward. He instigated seven criminals in cell nine to monitor and beat Falun Gong practitioners. The criminals beat the practitioners and forced them to stand facing the wall. Except when using the restroom or having their meals, the practitioners had to stand up straight for 13 or 14 hours per day without rest, until one or two oclock in the morning. Among them was a 68-year-old practitioner. His lower legs and feet swelled as a result. This torture lasted over 70 consecutive days, until September 23, 2004.
Prison guard Wang Wenzhou, the instructor of the Seventh and Eighth Sub-wards, looks kind, but he is actually very vicious. He has conducted many brainwashing sessions attempting to "transform" practitioners, has deprived practitioners of sleep for four days and nights without enough food during the winter of 2003, instigates criminals to beat and threaten them, and has forced practitioners to stand up straight for long periods of time. In 2004, Wang Wenzhou put a practitioner into a confinement room and severely beat that practitioner. He instigated criminals to beat 37-year-old practitioner Sun Shuangwen, an army personnel member from Datong City. Although they beat Mr. Sun until he lost consciousness, they still didnt stop torturing him. They handcuffed him and carried him to the confinement room where the guards continued to beat the unconscious Mr. Sun until his whole body was covered with wounds. Mr. Sun can no longer walk as a result of the beatings.
Prison guards Sun Wenbin, an instructor of a sub-ward, and Bian Yongan, the instructor of the Eleventh Sub-ward, have instigated criminals to torture practitioners many times.
Prison guards Kong Xiangjing, the instructor of the Fifth Sub-ward, and Zhao Weizhong, the director of the Fifth Sub-ward, were responsible for the death of practitioner Kang Zhiguo. The prison leaders nonetheless commended Zhao Weizhong and Kong Xiangjing for their conduct in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. The Fifth Sub-ward is where most practitioners are detained and severely tortured.
Practitioner Kang Zhiguo, born in 1954, was an employee of Xishan Coal Electricity Group Corporation of Taiyuan City. He began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. When policemen from Guandi Police Station tried to force him to sign the so-called Three Statements, he and fellow practitioner Li Guozhong were forced to leave home and wander about. The perpetrators included police officer Zhang Zishan, Director Zhang Shiping, Political Director Ma Baoyin, and Associate Director Wang Zhiliang. These four people are also the murderers of practitioner Yang Qingmin.
On October 1, 2003, when Kang Zhiguo was distributing truth clarifying materials in the South Xinghua Domestic Region of Taiyuan City, he was arrested by CCP members. In early November 2003, Mr. Kang was detained in the Fifth Sub-ward of Jingzhong Prison in Shaxi Province. Once he got there, prison guard Zhao Weizhong and the political director threatened him with being "transformed."
In late December 2003, they began the first round of torture on Mr. Kang. Zhao Weizhong instigated the criminals to attempt to transform Kang Zhiguo by any means, and used sentence deduction as an incentive. He also told the criminals that they could get as much of a deduction as they wanted if they could "transform" Kang Zhiguo.
In one month, the criminals used every evil means they could think of to torture Mr. Kang. He was forced to sit or stand very still for a long periods of time. Duan Shi, a murderer from Linfen City who was serving a life sentence, beat Mr. Kang every day. They beat Mr. Kang until he was paralyzed on one side of his body.
The second round of torture started in May 2004 and lasted for about two or three months. This time the prison guards instigated more brutal criminals to beat Mr. Kang. Hou Senbiao, a kidnapper from Taiyuan City, beat Mr. Kang with clubs. When Mr. Kang called out for help, police guard Li Weiping from Pingyao City heard it and reprimanded Mr. Kang by forcing him to closely stand next to and facing the wall.
Other criminals also involved in beating Mr. Kang were Wang Jingdong, a murderer from Qingdao City, Shandong Province, sentenced to in life prison, and Hu Wenxue from Shanxi Province.
On May 18, 2005, Mr. Kang passed away.
11. Six individuals in positions of authority in Yuci Women's (Maoerling) Prison of Shanxi Province have committed crimes against practitioners.
Li Tianjun is the director of the prison. He required his subordinates to attempt to transform practitioners by any means. He is very active in persecuting practitioners. Under his direction, the prison guards were given medals, awarded prizes, and promoted to higher ranking positions because they persecuted practitioners.
Female prison guard Lei Zexiang, the political instructor of the fifth ward, used every possible means to try to "transform" practitioners including torture, threats, and deception. She was given a medal by her superiors for her extraordinary efforts in persecuting practitioners.
Female prison guard Zhao Yurui, the director of the Fifth Division, puts all her effort into trying to "transform" practitioners. She often tortures practitioners by locking them in the confinement room.
Female prison guard Han Yuqing, the political director of the Third Division, works very hard to try to "transform" practitioners by using the torture method "carrot and stick."
Prison guard He Peizhong is the director of the Third Division. He uses all kinds of cruel methods to try to "transform" practitioners in order to get rewarded and promoted.
Female prison guard Wei Yu was previously the associate director of the Third Division. She is merciless when attempting to "transform" practitioners. She deprives practitioners of sleep and deceives them into signing the "three statements" when they are extremely tired and unclear in their minds from the torture. For persecuting practitioners, she was promoted to the position of political director of the Seventh Division.
Prison guard Xu Shutang, head of the Administration Office, advocated "transforming" practitioners to the utmost. He even beats female practitioners and tries to "transform" them by using all kinds of methods.