Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

One Practitioner from Chongqing City and Another from Fuxin City Died from Torture Suffered in Detention (Photo)

February 15, 2007 |  


Chongqing City Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Zhou Jian Died from the Torture He Suffered in Detention

Mr. Zhou Jian

Local police officers arrested practitioner Mr. Zhou Jian from Chongnan County in Chongqing Province many times because he was firm in cultivating Falun Dafa's principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." He suffered greatly during his detention. Mr. Zhou was detained in a forced labor camp for two years, and later he became homeless. He passed away while he was still on the "wanted list" of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Mr. Zhou Jian, 51 years old, was an employee of the Chongnan Local Specialty Products Company. He lived near the Chongnan County Century Shopping Center. He began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. Since July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, he was arrested four times. Police officers extorted more than 30,000 yuan from him.

On January 1, 2000, Chongnan police officer Zhang Liang illegally arrested Mr. Zhou and sentenced him to a one-year term at Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. Since Mr. Zhou didn't cooperate and refused to be "transformed," his term was illegally extended for another year. During the two years at the labor camp, he suffered cruel torture. It was rumored that when No. 1 Agriculture Team Leader Du Jun was carrying out violent "transformation" attempts, the guards ordered some criminal inmates to beat Mr. Zhou so cruelly that they broke three clubs. Zhou Jian was severely injured and his skin was torn open everywhere on his body.

In 2002, police officers from the Chongnan County 610 Office and the National Security Team took Mr. Zhou from Xishanping Forced Labor Camp to the Chongnan Tianyuan Brainwashing Center for further torture. Mr. Zhou went on a hunger strike to protest the extended detention. His family was not allowed to take him home until his life was in great danger. At that time, he was emaciated and weighed only between 60 and 70 kg.

In June 2003, truth-clarification messages were publicly broadcast in Chongnan County through loudspeakers. Zhang Liang and seven to eight police officers broke into Zhou Jian's home, ransacked it, and attempted to arrest him. Mr. Zhou escaped but he had to become homeless. He was also on the CCP's "wanted list." People often went to his home to harass and monitor his family.

Mr. Zhou Jian could not recover from the brutal torture he suffered at the forced labor camp. His physical condition continued to deteriorate because he was homeless. He died on January 10, 2007.

Ms. Bai Shufen from Fuxin County Passed Away from Torture; Her Husband Died after Repeated Police Harassment

Ms. Bai Shufen, 59 years old, was a resident of Pingandi Town, Fuxin County in Liaoning Province. Before she started practicing Falun Gong, she had many illnesses. Her entire body was swollen, and she had cirrhosis of the liver. After she began to practice Falun Gong, she was cured of all her illnesses. Ms. Bai became mentally and physically healthy. The entire family benefited from her practicing Dafa.

After the persecution began, Ms. Bai was arrested and taken to the Fuxin County Detention Center. The staff at the detention center extorted money from her family when the family visited. Ms. Bai was subjected to physical abuse, was put in solitary confinement, had her arms handcuffed behind her back, and was hung up by the handcuffs. The authorities tortured her with the tiger bench and other torture methods. Ms. Bai suffered mentally and physically. Later she was transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she was injected with unknown drugs, with the intent to destroy her central nervous system. She also was shocked with electric batons and hung up. Ms. Bai became unconscious and died on November 15.

Because Ms. Bai's husband supported Falun Dafa, the police harassed him continually. He passed away about a month ago.

Chief of the Pingandi Village Police Station He Xiaodong is the main criminal responsible for the persecution in that area. Lu Dianjun, the former head of the police station, has received retribution for persecuting practitioners.