Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, 18 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 16 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Zhalantun Area, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Mr. Sun Guangjun in Critical Condition
Mr. Sun Guangjun, 38 years old, is in critical condition from savage torture in Bao'anzhao Prison, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. He was sent to the Qiqihar City No.2 Hospital for emergency treatment. He has renal failure and cannot urinate. He vomited everything he ate and is currently comatose.
2. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Gao Furong from the Hailin Farm Tortured at the Mudanjiang City Police Hospital
3. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Mao Wenzeng Arrested
Personnel from the Changle County Police Department colluded with officers from the Yaogou Police Station to arrest Mr. Mao Wenzeng from Xiajiazhuang Village, Yaogou Town, on October 29, 2007. They ransacked his home the next day. Mr. Mao was taken to the county's detention center on November 4, 2007.
4. [Tongling City, Anhui Province] Mr. Liu Fei Sentenced to Forced Labor
Mr. Liu Fei was arrested recently and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Ms. Chen Yutian was also sentenced to forced labor.
5. [Ningxia Autonomous Region] Arrest of Teacher Ms. Yuan from the Qingtongxia City Vocational Middle School
Personnel from the Qingtongxia City Police Department's Chengguan Police Station arrested Ms. Yuan, a teacher from the city's Vocational Middle School on November 10, 2007. It is unknown where she is being held. Police had previously arrested Ms. Yuan in the presence of her many students in 2004.
Guo Jun, Qingtongxia City Police Department chief: 86-953-3725006
6. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Xue Liangyan Facing Illegal Trial
Police arrested Ms. Xie Airong, Mr. Chen Yichuan, and Ms. Xue Liangyan. Ms. Xie and Mr. Chen were released on September 19, 2007, but Ms. Xue is still being held at the Wuhan City Dongxihu Erzhigou Women's Detention Center. It is heard that personnel from the Dongxihu Gaoxin Procuratorate plan to sue her.
7. [Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province] Personnel from the National Security Division Harass Mr. Ran Tongyi's Mother and His Family
Personnel from the Jiangyou City National Security Division often harass Mr. Ran Tongyi's mother in order to find Mr. Ran and arrest him. A few plainclothes police officers monitor Mr. Ran's non-practitioner brother's workplace.
8. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Arrest of Ms. Ni Cuixia, a Teacher in Wafangdian City
Ms. Ni Cuixia from Wafangdian City was arrested at her school and then taken to a detention center in Wafangdian City on November 20, 2007. She might have been transferred to Dalian City.
9. [Jilin Province] Personnel from the Qian'an County No. 1 Police Station Persecute Mr. Hua Jinshi--Belated information included
Mr. Hua Jinshi from Qian'an County went to appeal in Beijing in February 2000. Personnel from the county police department arrested him on his way to Beijing and held him for 30 days. Officers from the local residential committee, from the 610 Office, and from the Political and Judiciary Committee have often harassed him since then.
Qian'an County No. 1 Police Station chief Zhou Tieming and ten officers broke into Mr. Hua's home and ransacked it at 6:00 p.m. on March 8, 2003.
Officer Wang Xiaodong and others from the No. 1 Police Station ransacked Mr. Hua's home on October 14, 2007. They arrested him and took him to a detention center on October 15, 2007. They also confiscated a computer from his home, but his family asked for it back. Mr. Hua was held in the detention center for 15 days.
10. [Liaoning Province] Personnel from the Songyuan City Police Department Persecute Mr. Dong Fengshan
Personnel from the Songyuan City Police Department's National Security Division arrested Mr. Dong Fengshan. When they ransacked his home, they planted a few printers, several copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, and two bags of Falun Gong truth clarification materials in his two rooms. They also put a banner reading "Falun Dafa Is Good" on the window. They then videotaped and photographed the scene to use it as cause to persecute Mr. Dong.
When the police arrested Mr. Hou Jifeng, Mr. Li Sheng, and Mr. Xu Hui, they planted some Falun Gong truth clarification pamphlets in the practitioners' car and then used it as evidence to interrogate them.
Gao Shuai, Songyuan City National Security Division chief: 86-13351556768
Policemen Li Jun: 86-15943805069 and Zhang Yi: 86-438-2688810
11. [Hubei Province] Ms. Li Yanrong Sent to Huanggang City
Officials from the Hubei Province 610 Office ordered personnel from the Hongan County National Security Division to arrest several practitioners at 12:00 a.m. on June 23, 2007. Ms. Li Yanrong fortunately escaped, but the police kept trying to locate her. Eventually, personnel from the Wuhan City's Jiangxia Police Station arrested her on November 22, 2007. They sent her to Huanggang City the next day. Her current circumstances are unknown.
12. [Bangbu City, Anhui Province] Police Arrest Mr. Zhang Chuanjie
Police arrested 72-year-old Mr. Zhang Chuanjie from his home in Bangbu City on November 20, 2007. They confiscated some Falun Gong truth clarification materials.
13. [Zhalantun Area, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] The Police Arrest Ms. Zhang Fenglan and Take Her to Huhehaote City Prison
Huhehaote City Prison: 86-471-2396608
14. [Zhongwei City, Ningxia Autonomous Region] Police Take Ms. Yang Yulan into Custody
Personnel from the Zhongwei City's Wenchang Police Station pretended to be customers and talked with Ms. Yang Yulan at her booth in the Agriculture Market at 6:00 p.m. on November 18, 2007. Ms. Yang explained the persecution facts of Falun Gong to them, but they arrested her and ransacked her home. Ms. Yang is presently being held at the city's Yingshui Detention Center.
Wenchang Town Police Station in Zhongwei City: 86-955-7037283
Fang Xuefeng, 610 Office chief: 86-955-8534603 (Office), 86-955-7011816 (Home), 86-13629537899 (Cell)
Li Manzhou, the city's National Security Division chief: 86-13723332329
15. [Shanghai] Personnel from the Fengxian National Security Division Arrested Ms. Liu Jin from the New Shida Village Community the Afternoon of November 25, 2007
16. [Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Seven Practitioners Arrested
After personnel from the local 610 Office arrested Ms. Hei Jianfeng from Jiaozhou City on October 8, 2007, they recently arrested six more practitioners. They included Ms. Li Shiying (54 years old, a household wife, arrested on October 9, 2007), Ms. Shen Yan (55 years old, an employee from the Rubber Factory, arrested on October 11), Ms. Li Xinfeng (58 years old, an employee from the Feather Felt Company, arrested on October 13), Mr. Zhai Yongqiang (in his fifties, a Grain and Oil Store owner), Ms. Zhou Hui (49 years old, a doctor in the Huikang Clinic), and Ms. Liu Jinmei (46 years old, a manager from the Paper Box Company). The latter three were arrested around October 14, 2007.
Police ransacked these practitioners' homes and confiscated many Falun Gong truth clarification materials and equipment.
17. [Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Du Shuxin Arrested and Taken to the Hanzhong City Detention Center
Officer Li Youzhi from the Hantai District National Security Section in Hanzhong City arrested 60-year-old Ms. Du Shuxin at 7:00 p.m. on November 23, 2007. The arrest happened when she distributed truth materials. Police put her into the city's detention center and ransacked her home.
Hantai District Detention Center: 86-916-2521912
18. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Personnel from the 610 Office Arrested Ms. Zhang Fang
Ms. Zhang Fang from Wuhan City explained the facts of Falun Gong to people. Personnel from the 610 Office arrested her at her daughter's home. Though Ms. Zhang has some disease symptoms, 610 Office agents still do not release her. They put her into a hospital for further persecution and even planned to put her into a brainwashing center.
19. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Lin Zehua Arrested, Her Whereabouts Unknown
20. [Beijing] Mr. Zhang Lei Sentenced to Two and a Half Years of Forced Labor
Mr. Zhang Lei from Qinghe County in Beijing is presently being held at the Beijing Tuanhe Men's Forced Labor Camp's No. 4 Division. He was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor.
21. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Seventy-Year-Old Ms. Zhao Guizhi Arrested
Personnel from the National Security Division arrested 70-year-old Ms. Zhao Guizhi at her home in Chengde City the night of June 30, 2007. They confiscated a computer, a printer, and some Dafa books. She was taken to Laoxiying Detention Center. Her current circumstances are unknown.
November 25, 2007