(Clearwisdom.net) Guards at the Suihua Forced Labor Camp use very cruel methods to torture Falun Gong practitioners. Below is some information about incidents that have taken place during the recent few months in the Suihua Forced Labor Camp.
1. In August 2007, in the No. 2 Division, practitioner Mr. Xu Yushan was on a hunger strike for over 10 days to protest the brutal treatment. In the beginning, the guards threatened, cursed, beat, and force-fed him. Afterwards, Director Xiao and Manger Bai from the management section called in Gao Zhonghai from the No. 1 Division and other guards to torture Mr. Xu with the so-called "big hang up" (1) method. They used tape to fasten a radio on top of his head, turned the radio to the highest volume, inserted earphones into his ears, and wrapped them tightly with the tape. They used cigarettes to burn his fingernails and electric batons to shock and beat him. Even after a whole day's torture, Xu Yushan did not give up. They then applied white sugar to the tip of his penis and put ants on it. They tortured Mr. Xu like this in an attempt to get him to give up his hunger strike. They also forced him to attend a formation drill the third day after he began eating again.
2. In late August 2007, practitioners Tie Zhijie and Li Yunbiao, who are detained in the No. 1 Division, refused to sing the CCP's (Chinese Communist Party) songs, and refused to memorize their regulations. They were severely beaten by Jin Qingfu and each forced to sit on a very small stool seven days a week, except when they ate or used the restroom. After about a month, the guards suddenly applied the "big hang up" torture method on Mr. Li and kicked his head. Tie was also beaten by Jin Qingfu, who later forced the two practitioners to sing the songs after the group had finished singing. Otherwise, they would not be allowed to rest. In addition, the labor camp officials extended the detention time for Tie Zhijie an additional 24 days and for Li Yunbiao an additional 10 days. They claimed that Tie Zhijie and Li Yunbiao had broken the stool, did not actively participate in the forced labor, their clothes were not tidy, and more.
3. In September 2007, practitioners Guo Shude, Ge Zhenming, and Zheng Hongjun had their terms extended for about one more month, because they refused to sign the form that defames Falun Gong.
4. Also in September 2007, practitioner Liu Fangmin talked to a "reform assistant" (a criminal inmate assigned to monitor other inmates, including Falun Gong practitioners) in the restroom. The instructor on duty, Quan Hongwei, discovered this and fiercely swore at him, so Liu Fangming wrote a letter about this incident and gave it to guards to forward to the labor camp management. He was tortured by Gao Zhonghai, Diao Xuesong, Jin Qingfu, and other guards, and his term was extended.
5. In October 2007, Cai Shuhu, Lin Yusen, Li Qingwen, Yang Yuanzhong, Dai Zhong, Dong Wenwu, Xue Yanrong, Zhang Chuanxi, and other practitioners were transferred to the Suihua Forced Labor Camp. Dai Zhong had very poor eyesight and needed glasses with a very strong prescription. He did not have his eyeglasses in the labor camp, and he could hardly manage his daily life. He previously had gastric surgery and he often vomited when he ate. The guards threatened that if he vomited again they would torture him with the "big hang up" method. When he was weak, guards dragged him around. Currently, Li Qingwen and other practitioners are being forced to sit on a tiny stool at noon time. During the day they are forced to sing one communist song and memorize one regulation every hour. Afterwards, they are being forced to do a formation drill. Diao Xuesong and other police guards tortured Lin Yusen with the "big hang up" method. The guards also covered his head with a plastic bag trying to suffocate him in order to force him to write the so-called guarantee statement to give up the practice.
6. In October 2007, practitioner Mr. Zhao Dezhi ran into a conflict with a "reform assistant" called Hou Cheng. Zhao was beaten by Hou and his nose was broken. Mr. Zhao reported this to the police, yet police officer Lian Xing and others tortured him for two days consecutively.
7. In late October 2007, veteran practitioner Sun Dechang was beaten by Liu Wei, Lian Xing, Diao Xuesong, and others. The exact reason is still unknown.
The persecution and tortures against Falun Gong practitioners in the Suihua Forced Labor Camp has never stopped. We hope more practitioners who were tortured there or know more details can write articles to disclose the evil goings on and those responsible. We hope more people will call, write, and use other means to save sentient beings there.
(1) Big hang up - There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames. (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled.