Today's report relates persecution incidents that involve 22 cities or counties in eleven provinces. Twenty-five Falun Gong practitioners were ill-treated during detention, and at least 16 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shuozhou City, Shanxi Province] Mr. Li Guoshan and Ms. Liu Min are Presently Being Held at the Shuocheng District Detention Center
The Shuozhou City Police Department's National Security Division Chief Ren Tinghai and other officers arrested Mr. Li Guoshan, an employee from the Shanyin District Civil Administration Bureau, on October 24, 2007. They ransacked his home and confiscated a computer. Mr. Li is presently being held at the district's detention center.
Ms. Liu Min from Huairen County, Shuozhou City is also being held at the detention center.
Ren Tinghai, Shuozhou City Police Department's National Security Division
chief: 86-13546081788 (Cell), 86-349-2169028 (Office)
Peng Lianping, Shuocheng District Detention Center chief: 86-349-2095999 (Home), 86-13934976969, 86-13934976868 (Cell)
Yan Hao, Shuocheng District Detention Center political commissar: 86-349-2075170 (Home), 86-13037046609 (Cell)
2. [Li County, Hebei Province] Three Older Practitioners Persecuted
Ms. Cui Xiaoxian, Ms. Cui Shumei, and Ms. Feng Wenjie, all in their 50s, were arrested on September 19, 2007. Li County National Security Division Chief Wang Junchang attempted to sentence them and reported their cases to the Baoding City Procuratorate; however, the cases were returned due to insufficient evidence. Wang then reported the cases to the Li County Procuratorate, but they were returned again. Wang recently faked some evidence and plans to resubmit the cases to the Li County Procuratorate.
An Junqi, Li County Procuratorate chief: 86-312-6211658, 86-312-2317528, 86-13582258988
3. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhan Qiuzhen Arrested
Four practitioners, including Ms. Zhan Qiuzhen, traveled by car to Sanhe Town, Longjing City, to distribute information that explained the truth about Falun Gong on the night of November 25, 2007. Someone reported them, and personnel from the town's Frontier Defense Police Station stopped them. They confiscated the car and arrested two of them. The other two escaped. Ms. Zhan was taken to the Yanji City National Security Division the afternoon of November 26, 2007; the other practitioner arrested with her has been released.
4. [Jixian County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Chunyan Was Transferred from the Shuangya City Detention Center to the County Detention Center
5. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Nine Practitioners Facing Illegal Trials
Lingyuan City Court agents planned to sentence nine practitioners at 8:30 a.m. on November 28, 2007. They nine were: Ms. Han Fengzhen, Ms. Zhang Guiju, Ms. Ma Yanhua, Ms. Li Jingfang, Mr. Li Zhanguang, Mr. Liu Jincheng, Ms. Guo Fengxian, Ms. Dong Guiqin, and Mr. Wang Xuejun. Ms. Li Jingfang hired a lawyer, but the city's Judiciary Bureau agents threatened the lawyer that they would revoke his board certification. The lawyer did not present their defense.
Zhang Lin, Lingyuan City Police Department chief: 86-421-6883101 (Office),
86-421-2690000 (Home), 86-13304910001 (Cell)
Wang Guilin, National Security Division chief: 86-421-6891665 (Office), 86-421-6851687 (Home), 86-13704917349 (Cell)
6. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ren Zhifang Admitted to a Detention Center
Ms. Ren Zhifang was arrested and admitted to the Laizhou City Detention Center the morning of November 26, 2007.
7. [Chongqing] Ms. Yu Suhua Arrested from Her Home and Taken to a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Yu Suhua lives at No.25 Gaoshikan Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing. Personnel from the district's police department arrested her from her home and took her to a brainwashing center at noon on November 26, 2007.
8. [Shanghai] Ms. Yu Xingfang, a 68-Year-Old Retired Teacher, Held at the Jiading Detention Center
Ms. Yu Xingfang is a retired teacher in Songjiang District, Shanghai. She was arrested on November 9, 2007, after she left her mother's home in Fengzhuang No. 4 Village. She was put in the Jiading Detention Center. Her 90-year-old mother and a disabled brother need her to take care of them.
9. [Zhaoqing City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Chen Hongyan Arrested
Ms. Chen Hongyan from Guangning County, Zhaoqing City, was arrested in Gushui Town after she was reported to police. She is presently being held in the county police department criminal police section.
10. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Yaqin Has Been Released
Ms. Zhang Yaqin distributed Falun Gong truth-clarification materials in Xinxing Community at 6:00 p.m. on November 6, 2007, but a security guard in the community reported her. Personnel from the Jiguan District Wenchang Police Station in Jixi City arrested her. Two policemen including Li Tielong pushed Ms. Zhang onto a bed and handcuffed her wrists behind her back. Police officer Li Tielong confiscated one of Master's pictures from her home. Police held Ms. Zhang for a day in a detention center and then released her.
Xia Yongsheng, Jixi City Yongchang Police Station chief: 86-467-2669774
Li Zhongchang, Yongchang Police Station deputy chief: 86-467-2651540
Li Qingbo, Yongchang Police Station officer: 86-467-2669774
11. [Beijing] Mr. Zhao Deyuan Arrested
Personnel from the Yanqing County National Security Division broke into 50-year-old Mr. Zhao Deyuan's home in Konghuaying Village, Yongning Town, Yanqing County, the afternoon of November 26, 2007. They arrested him and confiscated two Dafa books and a satellite receiver.
12. [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Personnel from the Shanan Police Department Arrest Mr. Li Fanggui
Seven persons claiming to be officers from the Zhoukou City Police Department broke into Mr. Li Fanggui's home in Xiyangzhuang Village, Shucai Township, Chuanhui District, Zhoukou City, at 7:00 p.m. on November 23, 2007. They did not show any warrant, but arrested Mr. Li, whose family still does not know where he is being held.
Mr. Li was previously arrested in December 2000 when he appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing. He was taken back and put into the Zhoukou City Detention Center and released in August 2001. However, Mr. Li was arrested again on April 2, 2002, and then held in a detention center for more than a year.
Several policemen ransacked Mr. Li's home on October 1, 2005, and confiscated 1,800 yuan in cash. Later on, Mr. Li left home and moved from place to place to avoid arrest.
13. [Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province] Mr. Zhou Chao Held in Guangdong Province
Twenty-four-year-old Mr. Zhou Chao from Hanzhong City is presently being held at No. 171 Chatou Xizhoubei Street in Baiyun District, Guangdong Province.
14. [Tianjin] Personnel from the Jinnan Police Department Arrest Ms. Li Hexiang
Personnel from the Jinnan Police Department arrested Ms. Li Hexiang on her way to Tianjin on November 24, 2007. They ransacked her home and held her in a makeshift cell in Zhaijiadian Village, Jinnan District.
15. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Police arrested Ms. Jiang Yunhong, Ms. Zhang Weihua, and Ms. Gu Shenju from Ms. Yu's home in the Xindu District Guihu Town's No. 2 Division on the afternoon of November 20, 2007.
16. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cui Guifen Transferred from a Forced Labor Camp to a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Cui Guifen from Linglong Town, Zhaoyuan County was arrested in April 2006. She was held in the Zibo City Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for one and a half years where she was severely persecuted. Police held her for 20 more days after her detention term had expired and then transferred her to a local brainwashing center.
17. [Shantou City, Guangdong Province] The Police Arrested Ms. Luo Lijun from Her Home and Confiscated a Great Deal of Falun Gong Truth-clarification Materials
18. [Raoyang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liang Tan Arrested
Ms. Liang Tan from Beihan Village, Liman Township, Raoyang County, was arrested on October 13, 2007. She is presently being held at the county police department detention center.
19. [Raoyang County, Hebei Province] Ms. Chunhua Living in Exile
Five police officers ransacked Ms. Chunhua's home in Fanyuan Village, Tongyue Township, Raoyang County, on November 15, 2007. They confiscated some Dafa materials. They then harassed Ms. Chunhua several times, so she chose to move away.
20. [Tianjin] Ms. Lan Hongyun Arrested
Ms. Lan Hongyun from Datao Village, Baodi District, Tianjin, was reported to police on November 22, 2007, when she distributed Falun Gong materials. Personnel from the Shiqiao Police Station arrested her when she sent her child to school. The police ransacked her home and confiscated a laptop computer, a printer, and some Dafa books.
21. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Tianhe District Court Agents Plan to Sentence Zhao Litang at 2:00 p.m. on November 28, 2007
22. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Personnel from the 610 Office Arrested Ms. Gong Huizhen from Xinglongdong Street, Zouqu Town, Wujin District
23. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Xianying Arrested
Ms. Zhang Xianying, an employee from the Jiusan Agriculture Administration Bureau's Qixingpao Farm, was arrested the night of November 19, 2007, when distributing Falun Gong materials. The police ransacked her home and confiscated a laptop computer and a printer.
24. [Rongcheng City, Shandong Province] Mr. Tang Furong Arrested
Personnel from the Chengshan Town Bianfang Police Station ransacked 70-year-old Mr. Tang Furong's home in Er Village, Chengshan Town, Rongcheng City, on October 16, 2007. They confiscated a satellite TV receiver and some other items. They threatened Mr. Tang, saying that they would hold him for ten days.
25. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Ms. Cui Xiu'e Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Personnel from the Datong Mine District Yunquan Police Department arrested Ms. Cui Xiu'e on November 12, 2007. They sentenced her to two years of forced labor, to be served in the Taiyuan City Xindian Women's Forced Labor Camp.
26. [Beijing] Ms. Chang Qing Persecuted
Seven officers from the Yanqing County Police Department's National Security Division broke into 58-year-old Ms. Chang Qing's home at Weijiaying Village, Shenjiaying Town, Yanqing County, at 9:00 a.m. on November 23, 2007. They confiscated some Dafa books and arrested her. Ms. Chang is presently being held at the county detention center.
27. [Jiaohe City, Jilin Province] Mr. Ding Chunyi Arrested
Personnel from the Jiaohe City Police Department colluded with officers from the Baishishan Police Station. They arrested Mr. Ding Chunyi, ransacked his home, and put him in a local detention center.
Mr. Ding had already been arrested not long ago, but was released the next day.
28. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Huang Yanzhen Tortured in the Harbin City Women's Prison
Ms. Huang Yanzhen, in her 60s, lives in Wenxin Community near the Shuangcheng City Railway Station. Her 80-year-old husband is paralyzed and bedridden.
Ms. Huang was arrested in 2005 when distributing Falun Gong materials. Personnel from the Shuangcheng City Police Department sentenced Ms. Huang to a lengthy prison term. She was taken to the Harbin City Women's Prison. When Ms. Huang did the Falun Gong exercises during the 2006 Chinese New Year holiday, prison chief Zhao saw her and assigned two inmates to monitor her. When she did the exercises again the next day, the two inmates beat her savagely. They have often tortured her since then. They grab Ms. Huang's arms, stretch her fingers, or step on them repeatedly. They sometimes push Ms. Huang to the ground and sit on her.
November 27, 2007