Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in Harbin City's Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp

November 09, 2007 |  


On September 13, 2007, Mr. Gao Ke was illegally arrested by officers from Starlin Police Station of Harbin City while he was clarifying the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. He was then taken to Harbin City's No. 1 Detention Center. He was transferred to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp on September 30, 2007. While he was detained at the camp, he held a hunger strike for more than ten days to protest the illegal persecution of Falun Gong, and he repeatedly shouted, "Heaven will destroy the CCP! Quit the Party and all it's affiliated organizations and be saved!"

In April 2007, all of the practitioners detained in the fifth division of the Changlinzi camp refused to do forced labor. Subsequently, practitioners Liu Jingzhou, Cheng Lianju and Xue Ruihui were all electrically shocked by the division head, Wang Kai.

In 2005, Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp authorities started making detainees to do forced labor from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The detainees could not stop working until they had met their determined quotas. After continued protests, the work time was shortened, but the unbearable forced labor quotas still remain.

Practitioner Qiao Zengyi was tortured to skin and bones, and he was on the verge of death. In June 2007, he was sent to the No. 2 Hospital for emergency treatment. On July 4, his family was ordered to bring medicine for a lung infection. When the family saw how emaciated he was, they asked the camp authorities to hospitalize him for further treatment, but their request was denied. They did not take Mr. Qiao to the First Hospital of Harbin Medical University until July 11. Mr. Qiao died two months later.

At about 7:00 a.m. on August 1, 2007, more than 30 practitioners detained in five different divisions shouted in unison, "Falun Dafa is good!" Beginning September 2, 2007, practitioners had to squat down to have their meals. However, even though they were threatened by head warden Wang Kai with electric batons, the practitioners still refused to give in to the demands. Finally, their protests paid off, and the camp authorities decided that they no longer needed to squat to have their meals, and neither did any of the ordinary detainees.

Forced labor still goes on in the camp. For example, the detainees in group 1 are forced to make steel strips to bar windows, and they are exposed to toxic gas, an irritant to the eyes and respiratory system. The food is absolutely horrible and consists of cabbage and radishes boiled in water for every meal.

Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp:

Warden Shi Yingbai: 86-451-82037077 (Office), 86-451-82737856 (Home)
Deputy wardens Liu Lun and Li Jinhua
Operator: 86-451-82036637
Interior line Division 1: 8891
Interior line Division 2: 8892
Interior line Division 4: 8894
Interior line Division 5: 8895
Division 5 (Strictly Monitored Division): 86-451-82037105
Wang Kai, head of Division 5: 86-13304513499 (Cell)
Qiang Shengguo and Li Jianfeng, deputy heads of Division 5: 86-13359720818 (Cell)

October 25, 2007