Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Additional Information Regarding Practitioner Mr. Qiao Zenyi's Death While in Police Custody (Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province) (Photos)

October 06, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Qiao Zenyi died as a result of persecution at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Heilongjiang Province on September 12, 2007. The directly responsible parties include agents from the Nangang District National Security Team in Harbin City, officials at the Bashan Police Station in Nangang District, the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, and people from the street administration committee. The following is additional information about Mr. Qiao Zenyi's death.

Falun Gong Practitioner Qiao Zenyi

Mr. Qiao Zenyi was 58 years old, a Falun Gong practitioner from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province who had firmly believed in Dafa since he began the cultivation in 1997. He often spread the information about Falun Gong, explained the truth of the persecution and exhorted people to quit the CCP. Evil Party agents had arrested him several times during the past eight years. He had also been illegally detained and tortured. The perpetrators had sent him to a forced labor camp twice and incarcerated him at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp.

Qiao Zenyi went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in December 1999. In July 2000 he went to Beijing the second time, and Beijing police arrested him. His detention lasted two weeks and torture he was subjected to loosened several of his teeth. On his return to Harbin City he had to endure another five months of detention. This was followed by one year in the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in July 2001.

On June 22, 2006, officers Lin Bo and Zhang Yue from Bashan Police Station led policemen Wang Limin and political head Zhou from Nangang District National Security Team, Armed Forces Department head Zou from the Fendou Administration Office, and the street administration office head Zhang to surround practitioner Qiao Zenyi's house. The family refused to open the door. The police forced their way in and confiscated Master's photos and some Falun Gong materials. Qiao Zenyi kept clarifying the truth to the policemen. The perpetrators eventually seized him and detained him at the Bashan Police Station. The evildoers sent him that same night at 11:30 to Nangang District Police Department Detention Center. Two months later, Mr. Qiao was unconstitutionally sentenced to 1-1/2 years of forced labor.

Mr. Qiao's son went to the Nangang District National Security Team to request his father's release but was told that his father had been illegally sentenced to forced labor because he "disrupted public security." When his son asked, "How did he disrupt the public security when he was simply at home?" The evildoing officials could not give a good answer.

Mr. Qiao Zenyi was detained at the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. The guards there tortured him and incited inmates to beat and verbally abuse him. He took the lead to shout in the dining hall and on the playground, "Falun Dafa is good! Restore the good name of my Master!" The guards did not let him eat, use the restroom or sleep. They made him stay outside in the cold winter. In the past year, the tortures Mr. Qiao was subjected to made him suffer from several illnesses, and he became thin. His life was in danger several times.

Mr. Qiao was sent to the Second Hospital in June 2007 because his illness symptoms became worse. On July 4, 2007, the family was instructed to send medicine for a lung infection. Seeing Mr. Qiao, the family members found him to be thin and weak as a result of torture. He could not eat. The family was concerned about his health and earlier petitioned the camp officials several times to have him hospitalized and receive treatment. Their requests were rudely rejected. On July 11, the labor camp officials sent him to the Second Hospital affiliated with Harbin Medical University. Examinations reveled several illness diagnoses, such as secondary pulmonary tuberculosis, tuberculosis with a buildup of fluid in his chest cavity, and diabetes. He was later transferred to the Pulmonary Hospital. Mr. Qiao died on September 12, 2007, two months after he left the forced labor camp.

Bashan Police Station: Policeman Lin Bo, 86-13895734433 (Cell); Policeman Zhang Yue, 86-451-88296678
Nangang District National Security Team:
Office: 86-451-87664172
Team Leader: Wang Limin, 86-13354515677 (Cell)
Political Head: Zhou, 86-13303609772 (Cell)
Fendou Administration Office:
Zou, Armed Forces Department head, 86-13030066345(Cell)

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/9/30/90050.html