Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Mr. Cao Hongyan Tortured to Death in Jilin Prison

October 21, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Jilin Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Hongyan was illegally sentenced to eight years imprisonment. On October 9, 2007, he was tortured to death in Jilin Prison.

Mr. Cao was sent to the Jilin Railroad Hospital, also known as the Police Hospital, on October 8, 2007 after he lost consciousness from being tortured in Jilin Prison. When his family rushed to the hospital, they saw that Mr. Cao was intubated and being given oxygen. Mr. Cao was not moving. His left eye was closed, his right eye was half closed, and his mouth was open. He passed away at 5:50 a.m. on October 9, 2007. When Mr. Cao's family members changed his clothes, the corners of his mouth bled. There was a large patch of black bruises at the top of one of his thighs and a round mark the size of a dime on the right side of his chest. When Mr. Cao's family asked about the cause of his death, the police said it was a brain hemorrhage. However, the doctor said they did not confirm the diagnosis and did not even perform cerebral tests. On October 9, 2007, Mr. Cao's body was quickly cremated.

Guards at Jilin Prison had tortured many practitioners to death before Cao Hongyan, including Liu Chengjun, Wei Xiushan, Zhang Jianhua, Cao Weidong and He Yuanhui. Practitioners including Hao Yinqiang and Lei Ming died as a result of torture suffered in Jilin Prison after they were transferred to other prisons, or released on bail for medical treatment. Many practitioners were disabled due to the persecution there.

Falun Dafa practitioner Cao Hongyan's experience of being persecuted is briefly described below:

Mr. Cao Hongyan, 46 years old, lived in Zuojia Town, Changyi District, Jilin City (the former Hewanzi Town). After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Cao Hongyan and his family were persecuted many times by local police and officials.

In September 1999, Cao Hongyan and his wife went to Beijing to peacefully advocate for Falun Dafa. They were arrested and later escorted from the Liaison Office in Beijing to the local police by policemen, including Yan Leiming from the Politics and Security Section of Yongji County. They were detained in Yongji County Detention Center for more than 40 days and forced to pay about 2,900 yuan for supposed "meal costs."

In 2000, Mr. Cao and his wife were reported by Wang Mukun when they clarified the truth to people. Policemen including Ma Wenjian, Gao Zhongju, Ma Weidong and Wang Zhiping broke into their home and took them to the local police station to force a confession from them. Later, they were sent to Changyi District Detention Center in Jilin City for fifteen days.

In February 2001, many policemen from the local police station went to Mr. Cao's home and took him and his wife away to a brainwashing center. The guards gave them less food and forced them to sleep on the ground. They were detained for more than 40 days. Mr. Cao's wife could not eat, and she vomited many days in a row. However, she did not receive any medical attention.. Later, Mr. Cao and his wife were forced to become homeless in order to avoid being arrested at home again, after they walked out from the brainwashing center. Their young child was left at home.

In 2002, Mr. Cao was again arrested by police from Yangjiaweizi Police Station in Changchun City when he left work. He was illegally sentenced to eight years of imprisonment and detained in Jilin Prison. In the Jilin Prison, Mr. Cao went on hunger strike to protest his detainment and the persecution. He was confined in a tiny cell and had his limbs stretched out on a torture bed, causing him to experience excruciating pain.

Sometime in October 2004, police from Jilin Prison sent Mr. Cao to Jilin Railroad Central Hospital for emergency treatment. At that time, his family rushed to the hospital and saw his legs swollen and the muscles of his face spastic.

On October 9, 2007, Mr. Cao Hongyan was tortured to death in Jilin Prison. The detailed information about his torture and suffering are still under investigation.