Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Officials at the Saertu Police Department in Daqing City Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners Ms. Li Hui and Ms. Du Shuxia

October 15, 2007 |   By a Falun Gong practitioner in Daqing City

(Clearwisdom.net) Officials from the Saertu District Police Department in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, arrested Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Li Hui and Ms. Du Shuxia on September 22, 2007. They handcuffed the women behind their backs and sent them to the No. 1 Detention Center in Daqing City at 8:00 p.m. In the days that followed they tortured and interrogated them and videotaped the entire process.

They bound Li Hui to a metal chair for several days. They constantly pressured her and tried to extort a "confession." They planned to fabricate charges against the practitioners and forbade family visits. They lied to the families in an attempt to extort money by saying the practitioners had committed felonies.

Ms. Li's arrest happened during an arrest sweep on April 25, 2007, staged by officials from Saertu District Police Department. She escaped the next morning and went into exile. The police claimed she was a "Level A Criminal-at-large" just because she persevered in her belief in "Truth, Compassion and Tolerance."

The police ransacked the home of another practitioner, Ms. Du Shuxia. They took her computer(s), printer(s), MP3 player(s), a large but unknown amount of cash, a bank deposit book, and a salary card, falsely claiming it was money used for Falun Gong activities. Ms. Du was left with less than one yuan after the plundering and cannot even afford to buy food for her high school aged son.

Li Liansheng, Saertu District Police Department deputy head, is personally responsible for the persecution

Zhong Yuzhen, female, head of Community Division Six: 86-459-4682175 (Office), 86-459-6688678 (Home), 86-13936734888 (Cell)

Li Hui

Ms. Li Hui, 38, worked at the Daqing Materials Corporation and lived near the Daqing Entertainment Center. She was transferred to the Repair Division in 1996 to work as a locksmith. Ms. Li enjoyed an expanded mindset through Falun Gong practice and was kind and considerate toward everyone. She was well liked among her colleagues and neighbors. After her mother passed away, she invited her grandmother to live with her so she could take care of her.

Li Hui was pregnant during her first arrest on June 22, 2000. Officers from the Fuqiang Police Station, the Saertu District Police Department participated in the arrest. After her release, her superiors sent her immediately to a brainwashing center at the company where she was forced to watch slanderous videos that attacked Falun Gong. Though in an advanced stage of pregnancy, she was forced to pull weeds in the sweltering heat.

Because she refused to write a guarantee statement, the company laid her off in early August 2000, put her on one-year probation and extorted 5,000 "yuan" from her, calling it a "fine." They also extorted an additional 10,000 yuan "guarantee fee" from her family that was later returned. The company did not let her work for two years and in 2002 eventually assigned her a housekeeper position for the vehicle division.

Her husband filed for divorce in 2003. He could no longer endure the tremendous financial and political pressure. Li Hui became the sole breadwinner for her 80-year-old grandmother and young daughter.

Ms. Li was at work when a group of officials barged into her office at 10:30 a.m. on April 25, 2007. The officials included the deputy police chief, local officers Wang Song and Zhao Jingzhou, a plainclothes police officer, Security Division head Cheng Jin, Security Division director Zhang Yuming, and Ta Huailiang, Party secretary for the transportation team. They lied and told her they were going to verify certain information about her and then started to pull at her. Li Hui shouted and struggled. Wang Song and the plainclothes officer twisted Li Hui's arms behind her, handcuffed her, and pushed her neck down so she was bent at a 90-degree angle. They shoved her downstairs and kicked her into the backseat of a black car. Wang Song and Zhao Jingzhou sat to her left and right. The plainclothes officer took Li Hui's bag.

After they took her to the Saertu District Police Department, a woman officer body-searched her, including her shoes. Wang Song and Zhao Jingzhou took her to the basement around noon. They dragged her into an interrogation room and bound her to a metal chair. They handcuffed her and immobilized her feet. Four officers took keys they found in her bag. They hired two people to accompany them, and all went to ransack her home.

The officials tried to trick Ms. Li's grandmother into opening the door by saying they were checking residence permits. The old woman refused to comply. They tried all of Li Hui's keys and still could not open the door.

Wang Song went to the kindergarten that Li Hui's daughter, Cong Cong, attended. He forced the teacher to take Cong Cong and tell Li Hui's grandmother that they were going to get the residence permit for the little girl. The old woman again refused. Furious, the police violently shook the burglar-proof door. The old woman was so frightened she could not speak. The thunderous noise forced the neighbors to come out and find out the cause.

The police ignored them and continued to attempt to break the door down. The old woman eventually opened up just as the burglarproof door was about to give way. Five individuals immediately forced their way in and turned the home upside down. The ransacking lasted four hours. The invaders took a computer worth 3,000 yuan, printer(s), VCDs, and 3,000 yuan cash. The police even put on a show and asked the neighbors to act as witnesses, but refused to leave any receipt or documentation for the things they took.

Between 2:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. that same day, four officers tried to "crack" Li Hui, who was bound in the metal chair, in an effort to create evidence to justify the persecution. She refused to cooperate with the interrogation and explained to them the facts about Falun Gong. At 6:30 p.m., the deputy police chief who directed the arrest and ransacking arrived and asked her in a menacing tone, "Where is your DVD writer?" A short-statured officer entered the room and looked at Li Hui with scorn and contempt. He cursed the founder of Falun Gong for four minutes. Before he left he threatened, "Just wait and watch how I'll fix you!"

Li Hui was bound to the icy metal chair for 16 hours, between noon April 25 and 4:00 a.m. on April 26. She shivered at night, and her wrists were swollen and sore. She managed to escape at 4:00 a.m. by jumping out of the restroom window and went into exile to avoid arrest.

After Li Hui broke free, the police held a stakeout outside her home and even sent spies to live at her home for more than two months. They made her 80-year-old maternal grandmother leave. Li Hui's 65-year-old father had to take care of his 84-year-old mother and had no energy for Li Hui's maternal grandmother, who had to live with relatives in the countryside. The old woman had a heart attack, and her body was swollen. Li Hui's daughter, Cong Cong, now lives with her father who married another woman. She often cries and looks for Li Hui.

The police not only occupied Li Hui's home, they also repeatedly called her father and relatives. They lied to him, saying Li Hui was a Falun Gong "leader." Her father was frightened and worried about Li Hui. He lost weight and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He said to others, "It's all over! Li Hui has lost her job, her family, everything!" He dreaded the Communist Party after having lived through ruthless political campaigns during the Cultural Revolution. Driven by desperation and fear, Li Hui's father believed the police and led two sons to look for Li Hui. He hoped that by turning Li Hui in to the police, the regime would give her "lighter punishment," spare her life, and restore her job. After Li Hui's second arrest, the police threatened to sentence her to prison, thus destroying the old man's hopes and again plunging him into depression.

The Persecution of Du Shuxia

Ms. Du Shuxia, 48, worked at the Saertu District Tax Bureau and lived in Dongfengxin Village in Daqing City. She benefited profoundly from Falun Gong practice and became a well-liked person among her relatives, colleagues, and neighbors. When the Party began persecuting Falun Gong she was persecuted for eight years because of her perseverance in her belief.

She traveled to the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qiqihar City on December 16, 1999, to visit a fellow practitioner. She was detained for four months and 20 days at the Appeals Bureau. Ms. Du was arrested again on November 18, 2000, when she visited a fellow practitioner's home. This time she was detained for five-and-a-half months, including four months in police custody as a petitioner.

At work, her superiors took her to the police department on May 21, 2001. She was detained for one month and later sentenced to two years of forced labor. The labor camp, however, refused to accept her because she developed symptoms of critical illness. Her salary was suspended during the detention. After she returned to work her superiors placed her under long-term surveillance. Her seriously ill husband traveled to Beijing for surgery. Du Shuxia's workplace immediately sent two people to Beijing, called Du Shuxia's husband, and asked him about her whereabouts.

After her husband died in 2003, her ex-husband won custody of their son because she practiced Falun Gong. Du Shuxia has lived a lonely life ever since.

Long-term detention and persecution traumatized Ms. Du. She experienced frequent loss of consciousness as well as confusion and epilepsy. Sometimes she would lapse into unconsciousness for long periods of time. She was diagnosed with a difficult nerve disease that may kill her at any time. Although Falun Gong has helped her numerous times in the past several years and pulled her out of dangerous situations, her mental wound never healed, and her condition worsened because the persecution continued. She had no choice but to take long-term leave from work. She knew Falun Gong gave her a new life, so she often told people about the wonders of Falun Dafa.

After her arrest, her family explained her condition to the police and asked for her release. The police said, "Go ahead and get a diagnosis, and we'll let her go." When the family went to the hospital, however, the doctor said only the police or procuratorate had the authority to access Du Shuxia's medical records. The police refused to release her, refused to check her records at the hospital, and continued to interrogate her.

People responsible for these persecution incidents:

Daqing City National Security Bureau
Lin Zhisheng, head of the bureau: 86-459-6181231 (Office), 86-459-6688448 (Home), 86-13604651999 (Cell)
Wang Xiyan, Party secretary: 86-459-6181232 (Office), 86-459-4611878 (Home), 8613904591292 (Cell)

Daqing City Police Department
Cao Liwei, head of the department: 86-459-6371699 (Office), 86-13384595678 (Home)
Cao Zhenhe, political secretary: 86-459-6107789 (Office), 86-459-6280888 (Home), 86-13329500001 (Cell)

Saertu District Police Department
Liang Shengli, head of the department: 86-459-4688999 (Office), 86-459-6509989 (Home), 86-13329501001 (Cell)
Liu Zhili, political secretary: 86-459-4607779 (Office), 86-459-4663506 (Home), 86-13936944444 (Cell)

Daqing Material Corporation, Petroleum Management Bureau
Sun Tiewen, head manager: 86-459-5961258 86-459-5901587 (Home), 86-13904695581 (Cell)